Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

In the latest NBA 2KTV video, Scott O'Gallagher provides some winning tips in NBA 2K15. It's not too often we see a sim based tutorial make the show, so make sure you check it out and post your thoughts.

The video also features Quincy Acy and his teammate Shane Larkin playing the game, as well as the top plays of the week.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jyoung @ 03/21/15 02:44 PM
Man, those YouTube comments are completely disgusting.

I feel bad for the people who work on these videos, only to have all that nonsense spewed underneath.

2K should consider upping their moderation or just disabling comments on these videos altogether.

Anyway, a 4-out 1-in offense based on pick and rolls is extremely difficult to stop in 2K15 if you have the right personnel (explosive point guard, hard-hitting, athletic screener, three shooters spotting up). The AI just doesn't react very well to ball screens, and they don't always make the appropriate decisions when helping out.

But I'm sure Visual Concepts already knows this and is working to improve the defensive logic for 2K16.

# 2 BluFu @ 03/21/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

I feel bad for the people who work on these videos, only to have all that nonsense spewed underneath.
Haha what are you doing reading YouTube comments?

# 3 LorenzoDC @ 03/21/15 03:49 PM
Sim players need to like this video to tell 2K that there is demand for this kind of content and gaming focus!

# 4 itchyroll_51 @ 03/21/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Sim players need to like this video to tell 2K that there is demand for this kind of content and gaming focus!
I agree that's why I liked the video and left a comment with a #SimNation haha

Sam Pham

# 5 joosegoose @ 03/21/15 04:40 PM
Quote:

2K should consider upping their moderation or just disabling comments on these videos altogether.
I'm not one to ever complain about YouTube comments (feels like complaining that water is wet), but good lord. These are beyond terrible, and not even mildly funny to compensate.

# 6 ItsJustaGame @ 03/21/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitlynPuddy55553
my classmate's aunt makes $86 every hour on the computer . She has been out of a job for 6 months but last month her pay check was $18458 just working on the computer for a few hours. try this website......

----------->> www.work-cash.com

Excellent input, right on point with the topic of this thread. You should definitely not get banned or flagged for trolling. Keep up the exciting work!!! You make a difference! Lmfao

# 7 slliMMills @ 03/21/15 10:20 PM
Cool play...but unfortunately, Barnes wasn't behind the three point line. So the shot ended up being a long two. The worst shot in the NBA.

# 8 The 24th Letter @ 03/21/15 10:25 PM
Great stuff here....

# 9 Matty Aqua @ 03/21/15 11:51 PM
More good vids!, I wish there was way more of these kinda vids braking down plays!...
I think the more they educate there fan base the more "sim" there audience will become!

# 10 23 @ 03/22/15 01:04 AM
Would be great to get a few of these of Both he and Czar

# 11 Matty Aqua @ 03/22/15 01:22 AM
Agreed! @23

I feel like there is so much good stuff all over Youtube as well, and would be great if there was a thread that had all the videos in one place here at OS that was updated constantly so people could reference back to it and add things as the game evolves!

I know itchyroll is doing great things around here with vids and tips and tricks!, that kinda reminds me of how this site was when I first arrived here!

There's alot of good stuff burried in those playbooks!

# 12 Da_Czar @ 03/22/15 04:28 AM
Great work by Scott and the 2ktv producers that **** was hot. Made me want to do some videos. LOL. NOICE. Got to step my graphic overlay game WAY up cause that really enjoyable and I see how casuals could be drawn to it.

When you see unacceptable comments anywhere on youtube and you are logged in you don't have to be passive.

If put your mouse over the comment a small down arrow will appear over the right side. Click on that and you can report something as spam. They will ask you what type. What's cool is the comment will prob be removed until the admin reviews it which keeps that filth off the page.

Then whoever runs that for 2k, or youtube, can decide what to do and if they don't get around to it the comment stays gone either way I believe.

So vote up the good comments and properly report the spam filled comments. You don't just have to passively accept people making offensive comments if your a person of conscience stand up and do something about it!

This world honestly could use more of that in all area's.

# 13 DC @ 03/22/15 12:30 PM
Wow, this is the first time I have ever even THOUGHT about watching 2K TV. Few things

* Rachael..............yea. Pigtails were looking right

* I see you OG. Giving out the secrets.

* i HAD no IDEA THE park stuff was that serious. Seems like a world I am just oblivious to man. High Rollers court LOL.

* I still have no clue what VC is used for or how it is earned. FOlks spend real money on in game access? That is wild if that is the case. I guess this just shows me how deep the game is.

Good stuff, OG should just have a segment every week. And it being the first segment makes sense.

# 14 thedream2k13 @ 03/22/15 12:57 PM
this is considered a "secret" by people here ? this is basketball 101

# 15 jyoung @ 03/22/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
* i HAD no IDEA THE park stuff was that serious. Seems like a world I am just oblivious to man. High Rollers court LOL.
You're probably better off remaining oblivious to the "High Rollers" court.

All that ever happens in those games is one big man will stand underneath the rim with the "set screen" button held down, so that you can't box him out or push him out of the paint.

Then the other two guys, who are usually 7'0" tall with 95 ball control and 95 shooting, will just dance back and forth behind the three point line, spamming certain size-up dribble moves that are invulnerable to being stripped, until they finally get an opening to shoot a three pointer.

# 16 DC @ 03/22/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
this is considered a "secret" by people here ? this is basketball 101
Most people that play 2K are unaware of Basketball 101 Hakeem. So yea it is a "secret."

# 17 The 24th Letter @ 03/22/15 01:22 PM
I don't think anyone even called it a 'secret' in the first place...

I just went bad and watched all the NBA TVs, I admittedly never even paid attention to them...their actually fairly entertaining, lol

# 18 DC @ 03/22/15 01:23 PM
24, wassup fool.

But yea, I want to go back and watch them but I have other things to watch. I keep telling myself to check them out though

# 19 Bigman101 @ 03/23/15 01:12 AM
Quote:

Anyway, a 4-out 1-in offense based on pick and rolls is extremely difficult to stop in 2K15 if you have the right personnel (explosive point guard, hard-hitting, athletic screener, three shooters spotting up). The AI just doesn't react very well to ball screens, and they don't always make the appropriate decisions when helping out.

But I'm sure Visual Concepts already knows this and is working to improve the defensive logic for 2K16.
You know what's crazy the pick and roll was useless at the release of the game but then they put a patch to have the AI react a certain way so the pick b more useful. Look up all the patch updates and see what I'm talking about it shoud have some notes bout it. Smh. Don't kno y they did it.

# 20 Bornindamecca @ 03/23/15 03:47 PM
I love that 2k rolled this vid out.

Quick note if you consider yourself a Simhead: Remember that you learned about basketball from thousands of hours of playing and watching, not from videogames. 2k is now selling millions and millions of copies, topping the list and remaining in the top ten for months at a time. It is a mainstream game now. That means ALL levels of people of different ages and basketball experience are buying the game.

We want them all playing Sim, right? That means we have to make sure that Bball 101 info is out there IN RELATION TO THE GAME. Everyone is not going to hunt down technical or even basic basketball info. They aren't used to doing that with games.

The Sim community needs to step up and bridge the gap between basketball vets and 2k noobs. Of course we want the most elite, specialized, technical info out there, but we also need to balance that with Sim Basics.

So don't be shy about teaching the basics and making that info easy to find. Take the shame off of "dumb" questions. The faster we get everyone understanding the Sim game, the better it is for us as gamers and the clearer it is for 2k when they have to decide what features to put in, leave out and balance in the game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.