Home
Project CARS News Post

After numerous delays, Project CARS finally has an official release date. The game will arrive on May 12th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, while PC gamers can play on May 6th. The UK release date is set for May 8th.

Make sure to check out the latest Project CARS trailer here, showing off some more career mode details. Project CARS Achievements can be seen here.

For those that missed it, Project CARS is confirmed to run at 1080P/60FPS on PS4, 900P/60FPS on Xbox One and 12K on heavy duty gaming PC's.

Quote:
Your career journey starts here!
Create a driver and choose a starting point from a huge variety of motorsports on offer then shift into high gear to earn Accolades, gain Fans, sign Contracts, lock in Endorsement Deals, and chase Historic Goals. Climb the ranks and prove your dominance to gain the attention of other teams, win championships, and ultimately be inducted into the racing Hall Of Fame as a legend!

Read the full press release below.

FINAL RELEASE DATE FOR PROJECT CARS ANNOUNCED

Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. today announced that Project CARS will be available throughout the Americas for PC via STEAM on May 6, 2015 along with the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One®, all-in-one, games and entertainment system from Microsoft on May 12, 2015.

Project CARS aims to deliver the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet. Crowd-funded by a passionate community that has been involved in the development process from day-one to create their ultimate racing experience, Project CARS includes the largest track roster of any recent racing game, a huge variety of motorsports to play, a freeform and authentic career mode, world-class graphics and handling, dynamic time of day & weather, and a suite of community features and connectivity that leave the competition behind in the dust.

Game: Project CARSReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Project CARS Videos
Member Comments
# 1 temaat89 @ 04/16/15 04:24 PM
Hopefully there's not another delay

# 2 edwing @ 04/16/15 04:35 PM
There won't be another delay as the game has finally gone gold. Looking forward to May 12th!

# 3 brent3419 @ 04/16/15 04:37 PM
cant wait!

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 4 tril @ 04/16/15 07:49 PM
looks nice, I will be getting this.

# 5 tril @ 04/16/15 07:50 PM
12k must look insane

# 6 mikenoob @ 04/17/15 02:24 AM
Stoked for this!

# 7 PSwagg @ 04/17/15 03:12 AM
ive been waiting for a real racing game since the ps4 came out. It's almost over

# 8 thewolverines24 @ 04/17/15 09:19 AM
The game looks amazing and the track list is awesome. My only complaint is that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is not on the track list. I just want my damn Indy 500 with a full field of 33 cars in a racing game. I mean it's only the biggest single day sporting event on earth, but no racing game ever includes it! Project Cars said they would, but the track is nowhere to be found. I'm sick of these mf'ing snakes on my mf'ing plane!

I'll still be getting the game.

# 9 H0VADIP0 @ 04/18/15 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolverines24
The game looks amazing and the track list is awesome. My only complaint is that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is not on the track list. I just want my damn Indy 500 with a full field of 33 cars in a racing game. I mean it's only the biggest single day sporting event on earth, but no racing game ever includes it! Project Cars said they would, but the track is nowhere to be found. I'm sick of these mf'ing snakes on my mf'ing plane!

I'll still be getting the game.
Same boat here, but I won't be getting the game until I can confirm that Indy is in it. I've been excited about this game for a couple years because of the IndyCar mode that had been announced, but now that the game is about to come out, I can't find a single piece of info about it besides when they said it would be included during 500 week last year.

Anyone have any more info on this?

# 10 mercalnd @ 04/18/15 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0VADIP0
Same boat here, but I won't be getting the game until I can confirm that Indy is in it. I've been excited about this game for a couple years because of the IndyCar mode that had been announced, but now that the game is about to come out, I can't find a single piece of info about it besides when they said it would be included during 500 week last year.

Their site has the final track list and Indy is not on it. We can only hope they release it as DLC. I don't even care if they charge for it. I'm not all that optimistic though.

Even though Indy was the only oval that had been officially announced, there were 6 or 7 ovals in the PC early versions that were released to supporters of the game. I've seen videos of stock cars racing on ovals in the game yet stock cars are not found in their announced car list either. I wouldn't be surprised with all the delays if they just decided to scrap the oval tracks and stock cars after possibly running into issues with those.

Oval racing requires totally different AI from road racing and stock car physics are also quite different from GT/prototype/open wheelers.

That's all speculation on my part though as I have no inside information whatsoever.

I'm still eagerly awaiting the game though.

# 11 ocat @ 04/19/15 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0VADIP0

Ask and you shall receive ;-)

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews...-project-cars/

EDIT: Sorry just saw the date of that article, ignore

# 12 cfiore99 @ 04/25/15 11:28 PM
Project Cars pre-order courtesy of UK PSN check:

Details Unit of Price

Project CARS - Pre Order Edition (Game Pack)
Please make sure to top up your wallet before the pre-order expected release date: 06/05/2015 @ 11:00 PM £44.99

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.