Home
Need for Speed News Post

EA today announced the new Need for Speed, a complete series reboot coming to the PC, PS4, and XBox One this fall. A teaser trailer (above) was released along with a few new (presumably) screenshots of the game. The graphics themselves look rather good.

In a blog post on the Playstation Blog, NFS Community Manager Ben Walke claims the game will feature fully customizable cars:

Quote:
"Every day someone proudly proclaims that we simply must have customization in the next Need for Speed game, so that’s exactly what you’ll have. When Need for Speed launches later this year you’ll be able to fully customize a car, in the process turning it into a truly unique resident of your garage."

Walke claims the game is a complete reboot that "delivers on what Need for Speed stands for -- rich customization, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive nature that drives your Need for Speed experience."

Look for more on Need for Speed, including the first trailer, at E3.

Need for Speed screenshot gallery - Click to view Need for Speed screenshot gallery - Click to view Need for Speed screenshot gallery - Click to view Need for Speed screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Need for SpeedReader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Need for Speed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SinisterAlex @ 05/21/15 02:24 PM

I don't even remember the last NFS game I played. Unless they do something drastic to try and revive the series I don't think I'll be purchasing this new game.

# 2 mcaley15 @ 05/21/15 02:48 PM
If they would just remaster Need for speed underground 2 I would be all in.

# 3 mestevo @ 05/21/15 02:49 PM
Always up for a fun racing game and another trial for EA Access.

# 4 Dazraz @ 05/21/15 03:04 PM
This series is sooooooo dated.

# 5 ILuvMN81 @ 05/21/15 03:15 PM
Let's be honest, we all want this series to die so EA will release their grip on the Porsche license.

...oh wait, they have that mobile Real Racing series. NM.

That Emma Stone .gif made my day though. Gosh she's hot.

# 6 kbomb1upc @ 05/21/15 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaley15
If they would just remaster Need for speed underground 2 I would be all in.
Yes... To me that was the best entry in the whole franchise. Plus the soundtrack was the best. I would love for them to go back to the Underground days. I loved the tracks, customaztion, graphics and the sounds of the game.

The last Need for Speed was actually fun to me but short and very little replay value. I haven't enjoyed any other racer on the PS4. I'm more arcade than sim. I would love to see some 20 player races like Blur did on the PS3. That was a blast.

# 7 DickDalewood @ 05/21/15 09:18 PM
After the last game where the cars were always wet it makes me a little nervous to see them covered in raindrops in every pic...

Please not again.

# 8 spidertour02 @ 05/21/15 09:29 PM
I thought the last one (Need for Speed Rivals) was pretty great, so I'm not too excited by this "total reboot."

# 9 longshadow11 @ 05/22/15 12:25 AM
I hope Los Angeles isn't the only location...there are so many places more interesting.

# 10 SinisterAlex @ 05/22/15 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
Let's be honest, we all want this series to die so EA will release their grip on the Porsche license.

If I were Porsche I'd be kicking myself for having an exclusive contract for their vehicles. EA hasn't exactly made their cars stand out. I think the Porsche license expires in a year or two and hopefully Porsche uses their brains and doesn't allow EA to renew it. I'm a huge Porsche fan and it pains me to not be able to drive their vehicles in legit racing games like Project Cars or Forza (though they did have the Porsche DLC in Forza 4).

# 11 AUChase @ 05/22/15 03:26 AM
I'm skeptical, but intrigued.

I own NSF Rivals, Project Cars, and DriveClub on my PS4.

I'm glad there's a reboot coming. The last few games haven't been very much fun and the are exactly right about customization IMO.

That's what I want out of a NFS game right now. Fun arcade racer with as much customization as possible.

# 12 ven0m43 @ 05/22/15 04:08 PM
Exclusive contracts were/are the worst things to happen to the gaming industry.

# 13 Stormyhog @ 05/23/15 07:28 PM
I think there have been to many different need for speeds just make one great one taking all the best elements from the previous games.

# 14 ODogg @ 05/23/15 11:48 PM
Need for Speed Shift is the best of the series IMO but I'm definitely excited for this title as well!!

# 15 vman81699 @ 08/09/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81

I know I want the Porsche license to be taken away from EA. My dad owns a 1978 911 SC. He is currently working on it. I cant stand having to use RUFs instead Porsche's cars. I mean they meet a certain point of fulfillment, but the is something about having that Porsche logo on the car. We would finally be able to get the cars in the base game, and not have wait for companies to work out a deal with EA to get later installments of DLC with Porsche in the game.

# 16 MFLB410 @ 08/26/15 09:49 PM
Can't wait for this!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.