Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K fans can get their hands on a copy of NBA 2K16 four days prior to the official release date by pre-ordering the game. NBA 2K16 releases on September 29th, if you pre-order you get it on Friday, September 25th. It is currently available to pre-order on Amazon with more vendors to follow.

Your NBA 2K16 pre-order will also include the following in-game bonuses:
  • 10,000 Virtual Currency (VC);
  • MyTEAM VIP Package:
    • New-Gen & PC - 3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player;
    • Prior-Gen - MyTEAM Gold Booster Pack with Guaranteed Gold Player and 4 additional Gold items.
As noted by LD2K on Twitter.

Quote:
Also, the #NBA2K16 Early Tip-Off Weekend pre-order is NOT retailer specific. Anywhere you can pre-order (including digitally) you get it.

And more clarification in the comments section.

Quote:
Not only a week early release date up in to September, but pre-ordering ensures you're playing it FOUR days early, unlimited access.

Also, two things to clarify:
  • Yes, this is a pre-order applies BOTH digitally and physically. More details are being worked out on exact timing (time zones etc)
  • This release date will be the same in ALL regions internationally - September 29... but only some regions will have the pre-order, 4-day early - UK, AUS have it for example). More details will be coming on those questions later.

Read the full press release below.

NBA® 2K16 Announces Early Tip-Off Weekend

Fans who pre-order get a head start on the action four days ahead of street date plus bonus digital goods

2K today announced that NBA® 2K16, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series for the past 15 years*, will offer fans an unprecedented Early Tip-Off Weekend, putting the full game into the hands of fans four days ahead of the scheduled street date. Beginning today, fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy beginning on Friday, September 25, four days ahead of the game’s September 29 street date, along with in-game bonuses.

“NBA 2K16 promises to be one of the most groundbreaking sports titles in video game history, combining exciting new features with uncanny realism,” said Alfie Brody, vice president of marketing for NBA 2K. “We’re always seeking new ways to excite and ignite our fans’ tremendous passion for the franchise, and offering unmatched early access is just another way to bring them closer to the on-court action they crave.”

In addition to Early Tip-Off Weekend access, NBA 2K16 pre-orders will include the following in-game bonuses:
  • 10,000 Virtual Currency (VC);
  • MyTEAM VIP Package:
    • New-Gen & PC - 3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player;
    • Prior-Gen - MyTEAM Gold Booster Pack with Guaranteed Gold Player and 4 additional Gold items.
NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 King_B_Mack @ 05/26/15 08:15 AM
Ughhh, VC will never die.

# 2 VizzyXV @ 05/26/15 08:19 AM
Is this the news?

# 3 Clappington @ 05/26/15 08:19 AM
I like we can get it on a friday play it all weekend long!

# 4 Smirkin Dirk @ 05/26/15 08:23 AM
Where'd people get the idea it would be released late October?

# 5 lilteapot @ 05/26/15 08:26 AM
What's going to be so different about this game that will make this a worthy purchase?

# 6 Vni @ 05/26/15 08:31 AM
It's not even june guys. Don't expect anything worh your time until late august really.

# 7 RyanLaFalce @ 05/26/15 09:00 AM
I wonder if this counts for the digital version too.

# 8 jayman504 @ 05/26/15 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Where'd people get the idea it would be released late October?
Was just thinking the same thing....WAY off brah!

# 9 ballstreet2k @ 05/26/15 09:51 AM
Does this mean the day one patch is coming on the 25th or the 29th?

# 10 murph17 @ 05/26/15 10:12 AM
it will be interesting to see if any brick and mortar stores get in on the pre-order action. lets says BB does - what's to stop me from walking in on Friday and *ahem* "pre-ordering" and walking out with the game

# 11 oMarcus2Ko @ 05/26/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
it will be interesting to see if any brick and mortar stores get in on the pre-order action. lets says BB does - what's to stop me from walking in on Friday and *ahem* "pre-ordering" and walking out with the game
Too bad we dont get mom and pops in Maryland.

# 12 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/26/15 10:15 AM
This is an interesting pre-order. I might just bite the bullet because they could basically roll out the same game again and I still probably wouldn't be able to resist getting a new 2K game lol.

# 13 King_B_Mack @ 05/26/15 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
Of course they're "getting in on the action." It says in the OP North American RETAIL and online vendors.

# 14 bsurocksrule @ 05/26/15 11:11 AM
Virtual Currency is back, huh? I wonder what they learned in 2K14?

# 15 Hustle Westbrook @ 05/26/15 11:21 AM
Lol come on you guys. Do you know how much money VC and MyTeam makes 2K? It's not going away any time soon.

# 16 sleepyshotta @ 05/26/15 11:49 AM
Duely noted

Youtube.com/sleepynate718
Twitter.com/ryanjnate

# 17 RipCityAndy @ 05/26/15 12:06 PM
I remember when I preordered 2k15 and took the day off work to play at launch... I spent the whole day mucking around with a broken face scan system and having mycareer restart itself. Good times.

They could give me infinite free VC and it still won't persuade me to get another 2k basketball game at launch.

# 18 tsbmolina @ 05/26/15 12:34 PM
Sept. 25th sounds perfect, count me in!

# 19 jayman504 @ 05/26/15 12:36 PM
IF you think about it...its pretty cool to be getting the game early. Mostly all the sports titles will be out in a short period of time. Madden, NHL, and now 2K16 I'm please with this decision.

Should hopefully mean info starts flowing hopefully a lil sooner too?

# 20 City_foxx @ 05/26/15 12:41 PM
4 emerald packs at launch? This doesnt make sense since emaeralds are players who were traded or preformed well enuf to warrant a ratings boost. Perhaps a sign of gem restructuring? May be wise to leave those packs in your que till better emeralds drop!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.