Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Shopmaster has posted his Madden NFL 16 CFM impressions based off of his hands-on time with the game. In the article he talks about confidence, regression, dynamic drive goals, new hub and much more.

Shop plans on releasing another article on Tuesday discussing the new scouting and draft.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 iFnotWhyNoT @ 06/07/15 02:25 PM
Firstly, great news about being able to turn off in game goals. Not interested in playing Madden Final Fantasy Football 16 every time i complete a football play (+1).

Secondly, I can't blame the devs..."Everything in Connected Franchise is done thinking about our players first, and all these new features came directly from community feedback and play-test sessions." I don't understand, are there more casual fans being selected to these things? Is there a disconnect in the community about what it is we want? I ask because the response thus far has been more negative than positive. Yet this supposedly what we wanted. I'm new to the community so i apologize for my ignorance but I'm lost. For a game that i thought was built for realism, it seems to be heavily focused on showing you that its not. By +1 signs fading away. Telling you goals you "NEED" to complete in order to level up.

Hopefully i can still enjoy CFM with these settings turned off and they implement more information about my CFM universe, injuries, division standings, in-game scores during games and loading screens instead of...hey don't forget to level up here, and here and here too!

# 22 Mizzou24 @ 06/07/15 02:27 PM
If they didn't fix the confidence of a team staying at 0 at the start of a new season i will go nuts. That made me hulk out more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 23 Danish ram @ 06/07/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Maybe once you guys get to play the game you'll appreciate what was done more, maybe not, I personally found CFM much more smooth and less buggy in my play time. The scouting and draft stuff is probably my favorite area where the game mode was improved, so I hope to have a more positive discussion with everyone Tuesday when Shopmaster goes over that. I guess it's easy for me to be more satisfied because I know what's coming in the near future and I know people will like some of that stuff. One of the keys to all this is making the mode more accessible and fun, if people aren't enjoying the mode then why would a company invest more into it? I know people want a lot of immersive things but if the mode is fundamentally broken, people will get frustrated with it, especially newcomers and quit playing. There's a lot that needs to be done in CFM and Kolbe & John are going to go after a lot of it and bring their own vision for it as well. Kolbe has a proven track record, I think The Show career modes speak for themselves, when Kolbe was brought in to work on The Show, it had a Metacritic score of 68, I think when he left it was in the mid 90s. He knows what he's doing and he has a much bigger vision for CFM than most people here would probably ever expect.
Pardon my french, but the vision thing has become a mantra for madden game designers, a sort ace up there sleeve to be played when people utter frustration about missing features or poorly implemented ones- sack issue anyone.

# 24 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/07/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
If they didn't fix the confidence of a team staying at 0 at the start of a new season i will go nuts. That made me hulk out more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Confidence issue has been addressed...

# 25 DeuceDouglas @ 06/07/15 02:37 PM
Quote:
I know people want a lot of immersive things but if the mode is fundamentally broken, people will get frustrated with it, especially newcomers and quit playing.
This is just going to be a difference of opinion but I don't really believe that CFM was, or has ever been, fundamentally broken since it was introduced. Has it been severely lacking? Yes. Was the UI really slow and clunky? Absolutely. But everything worked the way it supposed to.

The depth chart wasn't broken. The UI wasn't broken, it just sucked. Scouting wasn't broken. And that is NOT saying that these aren't appreciated. I would have to spend around an hour after each game I played last year in my 32-team CFM simply tracking injuries and changing depth charts because it took god awfully long to change characters. Now, if that amount of time is cut down, I'll be happy and appreciate the upgrade. Same goes for scouting, if it's quicker and a more efficient way to get the job done in a 32-team CFM, I'll appreciate it no doubt, there's no denying any of that.

I think the largest bit of disappointment comes from the fact that they "fixed" things that weren't necessarily broken and then built on something that a lot of people (here) don't like. If they added a huge chunk of what's missing in terms of CFM depth next year, then it becomes a moot point. But it's been three or four years since CFM has been introduced and there haven't been really any steps forward towards that idea.

# 26 msdm27 @ 06/07/15 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is just going to be a difference of opinion but I don't really believe that CFM was, or has ever been, fundamentally broken since it was introduced. Has it been severely lacking? Yes. Was the UI really slow and clunky? Absolutely. But everything worked the way it supposed to.

The depth chart wasn't broken. The UI wasn't broken, it just sucked. Scouting wasn't broken. And that is NOT saying that these aren't appreciated. I would have to spend around an hour after each game I played last year in my 32-team CFM simply tracking injuries and changing depth charts because it took god awfully long to change characters. Now, if that amount of time is cut down, I'll be happy and appreciate the upgrade. Same goes for scouting, if it's quicker and a more efficient way to get the job done in a 32-team CFM, I'll appreciate it no doubt, there's no denying any of that.

I think the largest bit of disappointment comes from the fact that they "fixed" things that weren't necessarily broken and then built on something that a lot of people (here) don't like. If they added a huge chunk of what's missing in terms of CFM depth next year, then it becomes a moot point. But it's been three or four years since CFM has been introduced and there haven't been really any steps forward towards that idea.
To the bolded, has this been confirmed?
Can you get some inside info on this, JP?

They've gone on and on about making the mode "easier to use", but most of that stuff seems directed at the most basic functions for "newbs" to CFM... My point being, nothing they've said thus far, even regarding making the mode quicker/easier, makes me think they've thought of this functionality for hardcore 32-team offline franchises.

To simplify, the question for JP and the Devs (if anyone is reading):
Is it now (finally) possible to edit depth charts/make roster moves for all 32 teams in a multi-player offline franchise without having to switch profiles one by one???

If no....
If yes....

*** If no... COME ON DEVS, THERE'S STILL TIME UNTIL AUGUST

# 27 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/15 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
To the bolded, has this been confirmed?
Can you get some inside info on this, JP?

They've gone on and on about making the mode "easier to use", but most of that stuff seems directed at the most basic functions for "newbs" to CFM... My point being, nothing they've said thus far, even regarding making the mode quicker/easier, makes me think they've thought of this functionality for hardcore 32-team offline franchises.

To simplify, the question for JP and the Devs (if anyone is reading):
Is it now (finally) possible to edit depth charts/make roster moves for all 32 teams in a multi-player offline franchise without having to switch profiles one by one???

If no....
If yes....

*** If no... COME ON DEVS, THERE'S STILL TIME UNTIL AUGUST
I don't know the answer to this question, as sad as it is to admit, I just found out yesterday on M15 that you could control all 32 teams in CFM offline. Probably because I didn't play M15 CFM that much until I started doing feedback research and stuff for you guys and to pass info along to the devs for the future.

# 28 msdm27 @ 06/07/15 03:18 PM
Quote:
I don't know the answer to this question, as sad as it is to admit, I just found out yesterday on M15 that you could control all 32 teams in CFM offline. Probably because I didn't play M15 CFM that much until I started doing feedback research and stuff for you guys and to pass info along to the devs for the future.
Can you ask around?
I've sent the same question to Shop and he said he'd ask around but the more the merrier

# 29 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Can you ask around?
I've sent the same question to Shop and he said he'd ask around but the more the merrier
Can always do that.

# 30 Potatoes002 @ 06/07/15 03:40 PM
Don't know if anybody caught this, but you can now bring up the Player Card from the depth chart menu.

Quote:
The player card that you can access from this new visual depth chart is awesome. You can progress your player, check out his goals, add to the trade block, check out his stats, trade, release and edit. You still can’t see what teams that player has been on since entering the league but that was definitely one of the things we put in our feedback.
Why the bolded still hasn't been added is beyond me. It can't really be that hard can it?

# 31 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/15 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Don't know if anybody caught this, but you can now bring up the Player Card from the depth chart menu.

Why the bolded still hasn't been added is beyond me. It can't really be that hard can it?
Just in case you guys would like a visual

# 32 N51_rob @ 06/07/15 04:01 PM
Nice read, interested in the changes to the confidence, regression and XP systems. Nothing there I would call "new inforation. E3 will be a good time to get some new info out.

# 33 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Nice read, interested in the changes to the confidence, regression and XP systems. Nothing there I would call "new inforation. E3 will be a good time to get some new info out.
What would you like to know about those things? I can talk about them, just can't talk on other aspects of the game that were not mentioned in Shop's article. I think you will like what Shop has to say about Scouting and the Draft and I can answer any questions about that once that article is posted.

# 34 N51_rob @ 06/07/15 04:12 PM
Quote:
What would you like to know about those things? I can talk about them, just can't talk on other aspects of the game that were not mentioned in Shop's article. I think you will like what Shop has to say about Scouting and the Draft and I can answer any questions about that once that article is posted.

Nothing I want to know perse just want to see the whole package and how it plays over multiple seasons. Last year CFM was a mess. The best parts were scouting and the draft.

So next week will she'd light on that.

Regression, confidence, XP accumulation all needed work looks like they got some.

But like I said it's how it all comes together over multiple seasons that matter more than one off changes.

# 35 msdm27 @ 06/07/15 04:14 PM
Quote:
Can you report some results/thing you noticed regarding regression from season to season? as in: Did Larry Fitzgerald go from 80something speed to 68 speed from one offseason to the next?

They claim this is fixed, but the more people confirm this, the better.

# 36 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/15 04:22 PM
Quote:
Can you report some results/thing you noticed regarding regression from season to season? as in: Did Larry Fitzgerald go from 80something speed to 68 speed from one offseason to the next?

They claim this is fixed, but the more people confirm this, the better.
I believe most players lost around 1-2 pts in speed each year if there were over 30. We tested just about every WR/DB in the game. There was some random example with Preston Brown, lost 7 pts in speed but that was proven to be a bug and a anomaly.

# 37 pantherfan_forever17 @ 06/07/15 04:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, i love that a rookie on the team, a veteran, and even a player i draft the next offseason can get better; but there needs to be a stopping point. Each player should have a glass ceiling rating wise they can reach, otherwise what is stopping a player from reaching 99 overall? Heck in 15 you could get a rookie wr to that point just after a few seasons. Confidence was an issue as well. Win 5 games and your team would consist of everyone at 99 confidence, in turn breaking sliders and making the game too easy. What is to stop both of those 2 things from happening this time? Sure i could turn off xp but then my rookie wr at 67 overall would never improve. Players need glass ceilings, confidence needs to reset to 0 or 50 in the offseaon not stay at 99., and like others have said it makes no since for a qb confidence to go down if he only threw 1 td and no ints. No team cares about that. Only wins. Plus what if his team is a run 1st team? wouldn't it make more sense for him to only throw 25 times for maybe just 200 yards and only one td? The hb would be getting yards/tds. If it was me i would remove positive stat increases do to high confidence. No qbs accuracy/throw power or any other positions phyiscal ability increases just because they feel good. Now it does makes since for a low confidence to impact and lower stats, just a little. Like a cold streak.

# 38 bad_philanthropy @ 06/07/15 05:00 PM
JP, small question, but did they fix/alter rookie appearance in terms of too many dreadlocks, huge shoulder pads, old Revo helmets, etc...?

# 39 jpdavis82 @ 06/07/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
JP, small question, but did they fix/alter rookie appearance in terms of too many dreadlocks, huge shoulder pads, old Revo helmets, etc...?
I believe so and to answer the question about confidence, I believe it resets to 50 each season now. With that being said, we talked to the devs about trying to make confidence less fluid so a guy like Aaron Rodgers would almost never go below 85 confidence. The key to making every rookie not be a 99 is the dev trait and there was some work done in that realm.

# 40 jmurphy31 @ 06/07/15 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
Firstly, great news about being able to turn off in game goals. Not interested in playing Madden Final Fantasy Football 16 every time i complete a football play (+1).

Secondly, I can't blame the devs..."Everything in Connected Franchise is done thinking about our players first, and all these new features came directly from community feedback and play-test sessions." I don't understand, are there more casual fans being selected to these things? Is there a disconnect in the community about what it is we want? I ask because the response thus far has been more negative than positive. Yet this supposedly what we wanted. I'm new to the community so i apologize for my ignorance but I'm lost. For a game that i thought was built for realism, it seems to be heavily focused on showing you that its not. By +1 signs fading away. Telling you goals you "NEED" to complete in order to level up.

Hopefully i can still enjoy CFM with these settings turned off and they implement more information about my CFM universe, injuries, division standings, in-game scores during games and loading screens instead of...hey don't forget to level up here, and here and here too!
Can you actually shut of goals or just the on screen notifications. I was under the impression it was only the pop banners that would be off. JP any insight here.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.