Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.04 arrived early this morning, weighing in at 799 MB. SCEA has just released the details.

Offline specific changes:
  • When using the Player Lock feature in Exhibition, Season, or Franchise modes, the user was unable to perform a dive or jump animation when inputting the command. This has been fixed for all modes.
Online specific changes:
  • During an online game, when a ball is hit directly at and fielded by the 1st baseman, tapping the circle button triggers the fielder to “take it himself” to 1st base. This was resulting in the offensive user not seeing the fielder run to the base and tagging it. He would only see the fielder standing in place (where he fielded the ball) but the out would be recorded when the play timed out. This has been fixed on this version of the patch.
  • During an online game, in a very rare and timing specific situation, the game would post the wrong win/loss result if the very last out was recorded on a force out play at the same time a runner was crossing home plate (that would have tied the game). The most common occurrence of this involved the bases being loaded, and the last out being recorded at 1st base, just as the tying run would cross the plate. This has been fixed, and games will post correctly when ending on this type of play.
  • During an online game, a hang/standoff could occur if the batter called for a timeout at the exact time that the pitching user was giving the input to select a pitch type. This situation was rare, due to the timing, but encountered frequently enough to warrant code reconstruction to resolve this. This has been resolved on this version of the patch.
  • Within an Online Challenge of the Week game session, users were able to bat from an outfield/pitcher view perspective. This was giving users an advantage, as they could see where the catcher was setting up (giving away the pitch location). Users are no longer able to bat with an outfield/pitcher view perspective in Challenge of the Week mode.
  • Following an extended period of offline gameplay (resulting in the accumulation of XP and stubs), users were encountering an issue where their universal profile was syncing to a system level user, instead of a PSN user. Their amount of XP and stubs were not syncing as expected during the log-in process. This has been fixed.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 dblanco12 @ 06/13/15 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Two things:

1) We are talking two separate games, not just companies. What I mean by this is that Final Fantasy team doesn't have to worry about meeting a deadline in the next 10 months to release the next installment of the game. SCEA does.

2) And given that SCEA has 10 months or so to focus on the next release of the game, at some point they have to make the difficult decision of what can be patched in an appropriate enough time frame that we still have adequate time to work on next year's game. Basically it's do we fix and patch in this year's title or fix for next year's game.
yea but at the same time, this game isnt much different from year to year.

# 62 Bigsheen @ 06/13/15 11:43 PM
In anyone else's franchise, does every other major league team have an excessive amount of SP and a small number of RP? I just now noticed this. I am in 2018 and every single team except my own (Pirates) has at least 6 or more SP on the major league club, one even had 10 SP with 1 RP!

I'm rarely one to point out little bugs in gameplay or franchise, but this is kind of game breaking for me, which is why I want to see if anyone else has had this or if it has been reported before? If it has I'm sorry, I havent been around very much and I doubt a forum search would be able to find it due to the issues' complexity.

# 63 countryboy @ 06/14/15 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanco12
Sports games will never be significantly different from year to year because the core concept of the game will always be the sport its representing and the intangibles that go with it.

# 64 DJ @ 06/14/15 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Sigh, was really hoping this would get fixed. This kinda is a game killer.(Runners auto sliding into 3rd base)

Had this happen to me last night. Runner on second and base hit to CF, that easily would score my runner. I move the L-stick to highlight the runner and press X but nothing happened, the runner stayed at 3B. I went back to the replay and the runner had slid into the 3B bag for whatever reason.

Cost me a run because the next batter grounder out to end the inning. Very frustrating.

# 65 bkrich83 @ 06/14/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Had this happen to me last night. Runner on second and base hit to CF, that easily would score my runner. I move the L-stick to highlight the runner and press X but nothing happened, the runner stayed at 3B. I went back to the replay and the runner had slid into the 3B bag for whatever reason.

Cost me a run because the next batter grounder out to end the inning. Very frustrating.
I use classic running controls, I am wondering if this is why I haven't seen it.

# 66 JGardner3 @ 06/14/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Turn off auto save, problem fixed.
Not true. Its less frequent, but still freezes sometimes after games. They're not going to address the issue even though there are multiple bug reports on their site, and tons of people complaining. Its PS3 so they don't care if people who've been loyal for years don't get a working game.

# 67 Mo @ 06/14/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I use classic running controls, I am wondering if this is why I haven't seen it.

Like CB said, there's a good chance it has happened to you, but since you're not looking for it, you just havent noticed it.

I wouldnt have if I hadnt started wondering why my runners werent scoring from 2nd

# 68 countryboy @ 06/14/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Like CB said, there's a good chance it has happened to you, but since you're not looking for it, you just havent noticed it.

I wouldnt have if I hadnt started wondering why my runners werent scoring from 2nd
I'm doing the offseason now, but I'm going to pay attention to this during Spring Training games.

I know there were times where watching the baserunning icons, it appeared that runners at times were slow to round third when heading for home, but never thought to replay it to see what happened. I'm guessing that its because they slid into third.

# 69 SDwinder @ 06/14/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanco12
You would be incorrect on PS4 15 version. Big upgrade in many areas.

# 70 bkrich83 @ 06/14/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo

If I was attempting to score from 2nd and my runner slid in to 3rd how would I not notice it?

# 71 Armor and Sword @ 06/14/15 04:02 PM
A bug that frustrates me is when I have 1st and 3rd and less than 2 outs. I pre load my steals. You can't pre-load your runner on first to steal without the runner on 3rd stealing home.

Drives me insane. So you have to hold down L2 and manually steal.

Never had to do this before.

I hope that is fixed for 16.

# 72 jb12780 @ 06/14/15 04:14 PM
Online franchise guys,

Have you had trouble with lags and freezing since the latest patch?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 73 bkrich83 @ 06/14/15 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
A bug that frustrates me is when I have 1st and 3rd and less than 2 outs. I pre load my steals. You can't pre-load your runner on first to steal without the runner on 3rd stealing home.

I don't think I have seen this problem, using classic baserunning. Maybe I am wrong. I'll test tonight.

# 74 nemesis04 @ 06/14/15 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Online franchise guys,

Have you had trouble with lags and freezing since the latest patch?

Yes, I have not been able to play since the patch. Failed challenges and freezing have been the biggest issues so far.

# 75 jb12780 @ 06/14/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Yes, I have not been able to play since the patch. Failed challenges and freezing have been the biggest issues so far.
Yep everyone in our league is having problems.

# 76 LowerWolf @ 06/14/15 07:05 PM
Did some of the weird lighting issues at some ballparks get fixed? I just played an afternoon game at Marlins Park and it was fine. Earlier in the season, I had the issue there.

# 77 Russell_SCEA @ 06/14/15 07:38 PM
Quote:

Really did you select him with the L analog stick then hit L2?

# 78 Heroesandvillains @ 06/14/15 07:58 PM
Quote:

Yeah I don't think I've encountered this one either.

I use Auto Baserunning, but do initiate my own steals occasionally using the left stick and L2.

Armor, can you share your setup? Is it 100% reproducible for you or does it happen based on certain circumstances other than why you mentioned?

# 79 nemesis04 @ 06/14/15 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Yeah I don't think I've encountered this one either.

I use Auto Baserunning, but do initiate my own steals occasionally using the left stick and L2.

Armor, can you share your setup? Is it 100% reproducible for you or does it happen based on certain circumstances other than why you mentioned?
I have performed that steal function numerous times this year and I have not experienced the runner at third taking off.

# 80 Armor and Sword @ 06/14/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Really did you select him with the L analog stick then hit L2?
Yeah...pointed it to the right (3 o'clock) and pulled back L2 got the rumble....it seems to happen all the time.

I will try again....just to make sure.

I use default running controls not classic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.