Home
NHL 16 News Post

The NHL 16 team continues to answer questions about the game at their Ask EA page. The Q&A is copied and pasted below for easier reading. Other Q&A sessions have been posted here in the same fashion.

Will there be new moves/dekes added to NHL 16 ? There was very little variety in NHL 15.

Yes. We have added new moves as well as updated the controls to ensure greater consistency and control when attempting the moves. The mechanic does a better job of giving you control over your stick and skates so that you can toe drag and finish straight, further out to the side or even cut back the other way depending on the way you drag with your right stick and the direction you are headed with your left stick. The same goes for moves from your backhand side. Along with these updates we also looked at the consistency of stride dekes to ensure you weren't triggering them by accident but still able to use them in the right situations.

Will Rogers arena have the stanchion lights?

Yes. Our rendering team did a great job with this feature. We also have authentic animation patterns and coloring for intros and goal events in NHL 16.

Will we have the ability to edit player ratings in NHL 16?

Yes this is something we have added to NHL 16. There is more information about it here.

Do you have the New York Islanders "Yes Yes Yes" crowd chant after they score a goal in NHL 16?

Yes! Yes! Yes we do!

As said there will be unique parts of a stadium, such a lighthouse in Minnesota. Will there be unique goal songs as well? Much like Chelsea dagger in Chicago?

For NHL 16 we do have the lighthouse in Minnesota and we've been fortunate to license many authentic goal songs this year including Chelsea Dagger for Chicago. We’ll have more information about other team goal songs coming soon.

Will Chelsea Dagger be played when the Blackhawks score a goal?

Yes Chelsea Dagger will be played when the Blackhawks score in NHL 16. We are doing our best this year to get goal moments for each team as authentic as possible. We’ll have more information about presentation features for other teams as we get closer to launch.

Are there any right-stick only dekes, or can auto-deke do everything?

In NHL 16 we have expanded the right stick deking system from NHL 15 to correspond with what you are doing with your left stick/skating motion. This gives you control of what you want to do with your stick and your skates separately. For example, you can toe drag with the right stick and select what direction you want to go with the left stick.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 double dot @ 06/12/15 08:59 PM
This is all great, great news. Hopefully all of the horns will be authentic this year too.

# 2 csamuelsvt @ 06/12/15 10:14 PM
They can't possibly have Chelsea Dagger playing with the wrong Chicago goal horn can they? That would completely take away from the arena/goal experience

# 3 actionhank @ 06/12/15 10:37 PM
Chelsea Dagger being in the game just means I will fight harder to get shutouts in United. God, I hate that song.

-Bitter Blues Fan

# 4 Caniac94 @ 06/12/15 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Chelsea Dagger being in the game just means I will fight harder to get shutouts in United. God, I hate that song.

-Bitter Blues Fan
lol.

But it will still be Chicago Arena (or whatever it is called in game) right?

# 5 luke2h1 @ 06/12/15 11:29 PM
I sure hope they have go jets go in the mts center this year.

# 6 snc237 @ 06/13/15 01:36 AM
I never thought teams would get authentic goal songs in NHL just due to cost reasons. This is impressive

# 7 Syzchmenev @ 06/13/15 11:14 AM
Yesssssssss!Good news.We wait more informations from goal horns and in-game sounds!

# 8 Godgers12 @ 06/13/15 12:37 PM
I wonder if Rangers fans will jeer other teams goalies after they let in a goal. Who can forget "Marty...Marty...Marty"

# 9 Arrowhead21 @ 06/13/15 01:52 PM
Does Chelsea Daggers inclusion in Chicago mean that it will be the official United Center now instead of "Chicago Blackhawks Stadium"?

# 10 HockeyKraut @ 06/13/15 01:57 PM
I am not having hi hopes, especially after so many years of EA dropping the puck (and maybe something else) on this series, BUT, what would make me happy is, that puck and sticks would NOT go through solid objects anymore.

I know, this is far feched for the guys over at EA, but it would be a nice addition to your game besides play-off berards.

-Pete

# 11 green94 @ 06/14/15 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
[center]

Will Chelsea Dagger be played when the Blackhawks score a goal?

Yes Chelsea Dagger will be played when the Blackhawks score in NHL 16. We are doing our best this year to get goal moments for each team as authentic as possible. We’ll have more information about presentation features for other teams as we get closer to launch.
Awesome! Hopefully they crank the sound of the goal horn so you can actually hear it this year...

Encouraging news that they are focusing on the goal moments... can't wait.

# 12 spidertour02 @ 06/14/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Awesome! Hopefully they crank the sound of the goal horn so you can actually hear it this year...

Encouraging news that they are focusing on the goal moments... can't wait.
You can adjust this with sound sliders already. I usually tune up the crowd noise and arena sound and tune down the commentary so that the on-ice sound is a little louder.

# 13 Sheba2011 @ 06/15/15 12:55 AM
Did they really just answer the same question twice in a row?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.