Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released their Madden NFL 16 gameplay trailer, featured at the EA E3 2015 press event. Watch it and post your impressions!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TreyIM2 @ 06/15/15 09:09 PM
Seen this vid earlier and facepalmed in my head at the same ole Madden animation stiffness and herkijerkiness (one word). Finished all the blogs, tho - Left eyebrow went up. I loved what I read. Rewatched the vid - Mental facepalm again but just watched the E3 conf vid - Ok, I can deal.

# 102 jpdavis82 @ 06/15/15 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Blogs sound great but the game in motion still leaves a lot to be desired .. EA still far behind the curve when it comes to organic movement ...
I'm going to be as objective here as I possibly can be. The game looked pretty horrible in the trailer compared to what I played 35+ hours of. The game feels and IMO looks more like what you hear in the blogs. I spent HOURS in replay with Madden 16 just looking at the organic nature of everything and how fluid some of the new animations look, there's just so much to see that I could spend all day in replay and still was discovering new things on the last day I played. I'm not sure what's the deal with QB dropbacks but I know they felt different when I played than in the past, rollouts are a lot smoother, handoffs, just a lot of little things this year that added all together make a big difference. I'll just say overall keep an open mind, but the trailer doesn't do this game justice IMO at all. The other footage shown on the E3 demo was a little better as far as WR/DB interactions.

# 103 SolidSquid @ 06/15/15 09:26 PM
Is ODB Jr. the only guy with tats this year?

# 104 noplace @ 06/15/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm going to be as objective here as I possibly can be. The game looked pretty horrible in the trailer compared to what I played 35+ hours of. The game feels and IMO looks more like what you hear in the blogs. I spent HOURS in replay with Madden 16 just looking at the organic nature of everything and how fluid some of the new animations look, there's just so much to see that I could spend all day in replay and still was discovering new things on the last day I played. I'm not sure what's the deal with QB dropbacks but I know they felt different when I played than in the past, rollouts are a lot smoother, handoffs, just a lot of little things this year that added all together make a big difference. I'll just say overall keep an open mind, but the trailer doesn't do this game justice IMO at all. The other footage shown on the E3 demo was a little better as far as WR/DB interactions.
Ts good to hear..

# 105 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Is ODB Jr. the only guy with tats this year?
Nope. I think Kapernick and Von Miller have been confirmed.

# 106 SolidSquid @ 06/15/15 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nope. I think Kapernick and Von Miller have been confirmed.
Cool thanks just seems weird to arbitrarily add tats to certain guys in the game. I'd really like to see Mike Evans have his but it's just seems strange having 3 guys in the game with their tattoos when there way more than that that should have them.

# 107 roadman @ 06/15/15 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
If they're gonna do tats, then do everybody or nobody.
It's all on the players if they want to get their tattoos in the game.

That's not an EA on this one.

SS- I thought you knew previously the players need the artist permission to get their tattoos in the game or EA will be sued.

# 108 DeuceDouglas @ 06/15/15 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Cool thanks just seems weird to arbitrarily add tats to certain guys in the game. I'd really like to see Mike Evans have his but it's just seems strange having 3 guys in the game with their tattoos when there way more than that that should have them.
The players are required to get them cleared for use in the game to avoid lawsuit.

# 109 TMJOHNS18 @ 06/15/15 09:41 PM
Didn't like the trailer, lacks fluidity and looks terribly scripted (Eli's rollout... come on now).

Blogs are promising but in the end it all comes down to how those words translate to real in-game features. Trailer should have showcased these new features, not some jump-cut cruddy showcase of one catch animation.

# 110 jpdavis82 @ 06/15/15 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Didn't like the trailer, lacks fluidity and looks terribly scripted (Eli's rollout... come on now).

Blogs are promising but in the end it all comes down to how those words translate to real in-game features. Trailer should have showcased these new features, not some jump-cut cruddy showcase of one catch animation.
Trailer was garbage from a gameplay standpoint, blogs to me give a lot better idea of what to expect. The stage demo they did was a little better, but they didn't show much today. I'm thinking they probably are going to do individual videos for each feature. QB dropbacks and movement is much better than the trailer today.

# 111 The Kid 24 @ 06/15/15 10:22 PM
JP... Has equipment (gloves, cleats, etc) been touched at all? Really hard to look at some of the things in the trailer.

# 112 fballturkey @ 06/15/15 10:23 PM
Quote:
Trailer was garbage from a gameplay standpoint, blogs to me give a lot better idea of what to expect. The stage demo they did was a little better, but they didn't show much today. I'm thinking they probably are going to do individual videos for each feature. QB dropbacks and movement is much better than the trailer today.
Look, I appreciate that you're here and giving us some info, but after all of the "wait till E3 and then we'll talk" I have to give you one of these.

I hope you'll take it in the spirit intended.

# 113 DeuceDouglas @ 06/15/15 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
JP... Has equipment (gloves, cleats, etc) been touched at all? Really hard to look at some of the things in the trailer.
Nope. They tried to make it seem like they did by using the secondary color cleats so it seems like they're different. But they're the same old, wrong stuff.

# 114 roadman @ 06/15/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Clint mentioned in a couple different tweets before E3 it's something he's been cheering for, but they didn't get to it this year. He said it's something they can add some polish on in the future.

# 115 The Kid 24 @ 06/15/15 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Nope. They tried to make it seem like they did by using the secondary color cleats so it seems like they're different. But they're the same old, wrong stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Clint mentioned in a couple different tweets before E3 it's something he's been cheering for, but they didn't get to it this year. He said it's something they can add some polish on in the future.
Damn that sucks!

# 116 jpdavis82 @ 06/15/15 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Look, I appreciate that you're here and giving us some info, but after all of the "wait till E3 and then we'll talk" I have to give you one of these.

I hope you'll take it in the spirit intended.
Did you read the blogs?

# 117 adub88 @ 06/15/15 10:43 PM
Quote:
I have to ask, why does this seem/have to be the case every year? Why show stuff that's not representative of what the product will be? Was it last year of M25 that had a trailer released on ESPN and there was this huge debate whether it was new or not. Like many Ii saw the same stiff QB animations that we've complained about for a while now. I truly do hope we see something different. The QB animations as we currently know them to be are beyond unacceptable.

# 118 DeuceDouglas @ 06/15/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agreed. Uniforms/Equipment need a completely new coat of paint. So many things wrong with so many uniforms and so much equipment missing or wrong as well. Hopefully that will get some much needed attention to detail.

# 119 jpdavis82 @ 06/15/15 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I have to ask, why does this seem/have to be the case every year? Why show stuff that's not representative of what the product will be? Was it last year of M25 that had a trailer released on ESPN and there was this huge debate whether it was new or not. Like many Ii saw the same stiff QB animations that we've complained about for a while now. I truly do hope we see something different. The QB animations as we currently know them to be are beyond unacceptable.
Just like I said there were going to be a lot of gameplay improvements that hadn't been announced before E3, I'll say the QB animations are going to be much better than that trailer today.

# 120 roadman @ 06/15/15 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Those presentations are only about 4 to 7 minutes long. They have three more days to slowly show new things to the public.

Why blow it all in one take?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.