Home
F1 2015 News Post

F1 2015 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. If you missed the features trailer, you can watch it here. We've posted the full press release below.

Get some laps in and post your impressions!

RACE LIKE A CHAMPION AS F1 2015 ACCELERATES INTO STORES IN THE AMERICAS TODAY

STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE AND ‘BROADCAST PRESENTATION’ VISUALS BRING F1™ 2015 TO LIFE

Codemasters® today announced the launch of F1 2015, the official videogame of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, racing into stores throughout North and Latin America today and will be available in Brazil on July 24, 2015. Distributed by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. F1 2015 arrives earlier in the season compared to previous Codemasters FORMULA ONE™ releases. The launch of F1 2015 marks the award-winning series’ debut on PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. The game is also available for Windows PC through STEAM.

F1 2015 delivers a truly immersive experience thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a GRAND PRIX™, complete with introductory grid sequences, new motion-captured pit stops by a real world pit crew, and the iconic podium celebrations. Using voice recognition technology available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, players can become immersed in the cockpit, engaging with their race engineer through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets and microphones for PlayStation 4. Players compete as their favorite FORMULA ONE star in the all-new Championship Season and push themselves to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. The game also features fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ bonus content.

F1 2015 takes players closer to the real-world experience of racing in the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport, thanks to a brand new version of Codemasters’ proprietary EGO game engine. In addition to spectacular visual fidelity, F1 2015 offers a significant step forward in the physics-based handling model of the game, which is designed to be inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series. The handling model offers enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, including engine and transmission, aerodynamics, fuel tank, force feedback, suspension and most notably, a brand new tire physics model, to recreate the breathtaking handling characteristics of the world’s fastest and most responsive racing cars.

F1 2015 is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via STEAM and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

Game: F1 2015Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
F1 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rkligman @ 07/23/15 12:19 AM
I picked up the latest version Day 1 in the US yesterday. Brandon's done a great job on detailing the game. PS4 got a US Day 1 Patch and that fixed a few problems from it's initial release. Been driving F1 since 2013 and they really have it down this year. The game is missing features galore and I couldn't find a game online Day 1 but they have the core fairly solid. Right now I'm very happy with what I've got and was certainly worth the cost since Best Buy gives you 20% off in their Gamer's Club. If you like F1 and driving without all the bells and whistles then give it a go. If you need all the other modes to get your engine running...well hopefully there's always next year.

# 22 berad88 @ 07/23/15 01:23 AM
I have this game on xbox one and I absolutely love driving the car. I use no assists and am using a wheel. It is so fun to drive. I have not done much actual racing yet. Just practice laps on different tracks and I have not had issues with bugs so far. The little bit of racing I did do seemed much improved over previous versions. True the game has less features than previous versions but this really is a good base for them to build upon.
This is not a game you can judge until you get yourself behind the wheel and I consider it a must have for any F1 fan like myself.

# 23 thegut @ 07/23/15 04:01 AM
Been logging a good bit of hours on the ps4. So far I've been having a blast. The lack of features is not a big deal for me, however a career mode that lasted more than one season would have been great. On the track the game plays great. Cars are responsive. The sense of speed is great and the race engineer providing updates is very immersive. My only complaint so far would be the AI. While beside you the AI are great at either attempting the pass or backing off based off the situation. However when trailing directly behind your car they are too slow responding to deceleration. I've had extreme bumps from behind that don't make sense unless the AI is unaware of me. My teammates seem to be the worse at it then anybody. I'm at the point of just trying to spin Raikkonen of the start because I know he will eventually do the same to me at some critical point in the race. Plus the pit strategy does not seem to concern teammates. Far too often we pit at the exact same time which is strategically stupid in F1.

All in all I'm having a blast. Unless it's an arcade racer I typically don't care about having a ton of game modes. The AI is great for the most part however with some tweaking to pit strategy and AI braking response while trailing I see myself enjoying this for a long while.

Edit: A career mode that lasted several seasons with changes in car engines and aerodynamics would go a long way with encouraging people to play with other teams other than Mercedes, Williams, or Ferrari. While technically accurate with Mercedes domination the past two years there is little incentive to play a struggling team like McLaren without the hope of R&D development making them a contender again like in the past. Basically if you are content with no podiums an entire season with no chance of that ever improving there is zero incentive to play as anyone other than the big three.

# 24 chunt04 @ 07/23/15 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I have this game on xbox one and I absolutely love driving the car. I use no assists and am using a wheel. It is so fun to drive. I have not done much actual racing yet. Just practice laps on different tracks and I have not had issues with bugs so far. The little bit of racing I did do seemed much improved over previous versions. True the game has less features than previous versions but this really is a good base for them to build upon.
This is not a game you can judge until you get yourself behind the wheel and I consider it a must have for any F1 fan like myself.
What's your gamertag? Let's get some racing in sometime

# 25 djep @ 07/23/15 02:17 PM
I was initially bummed about the missing career mode but once i heard that my fanatec csr was being supported I just couldn't resist.

The lack of modes is disappointing but I'm much more confused about why they chose to limit your options within those modes. In order to run full qualifying in championship season you will need to do 100% races.

The driving feels good but wheel users will be disappointed with the force feedback.

The AI is the best in the series. You can really go wheel to wheel with them into corners and they hold their lines well while giving you enough room too. It is great stuff and, to me, worth the price of admission alone.

The damage modeling is much more detailed and it is much easier to get spun out by opponents this year. You will need to be much more careful going into turn 1 so moving up the field by nudging cars out of the way on the opening lap is not as effective.
I've never used the flashback feature in the previous titles but you will need it if you do longer races. Lapped cars don't know they are lapped and will race you through every corner. I've had three races where the race leader (AI controlled race leader) was taken out by a backmarker and I was caught in the madness. There are no blue flags anywhere to be seen so hopefully codemasters can get this fixed.

Overall I'm enjoying the game a lot. It's helping me cope with the pain of what patch 1.07 has done to Witcher 3.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 26 Rules @ 07/23/15 02:37 PM
Finally got my internet up and going. I will load up the game on my PS4 this evening. Great updates from everyone here, keep them coming!

# 27 brandon27 @ 07/23/15 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djep
I was initially bummed about the missing career mode but once i heard that my fanatec csr was being supported I just couldn't resist.

The lack of modes is disappointing but I'm much more confused about why they chose to limit your options within those modes. In order to run full qualifying in championship season you will need to do 100% races.

The driving feels good but wheel users will be disappointed with the force feedback.

The AI is the best in the series. You can really go wheel to wheel with them into corners and they hold their lines well while giving you enough room too. It is great stuff and, to me, worth the price of admission alone.

The damage modeling is much more detailed and it is much easier to get spun out by opponents this year. You will need to be much more careful going into turn 1 so moving up the field by nudging cars out of the way on the opening lap is not as effective.
I've never used the flashback feature in the previous titles but you will need it if you do longer races. Lapped cars don't know they are lapped and will race you through every corner. I've had three races where the race leader (AI controlled race leader) was taken out by a backmarker and I was caught in the madness. There are no blue flags anywhere to be seen so hopefully codemasters can get this fixed.

Overall I'm enjoying the game a lot. It's helping me cope with the pain of what patch 1.07 has done to Witcher 3.

I don't agree with this. Maybe it's an issue for the AI leader and AI lapped cars, I havent experienced that yet, but I've been in the lead, coming up on lapped cars, there's definitely blue flags and lights along side the track waving, or flashing. The AI cars I'm about to lap usually also move out of the preferred line. Not as much in the corners, but in prime passing area's they sure have been for me.

One things I'm a bit tired of... Mercedes finishing 1, 2 almost every single race unless I get my nose in there, but they they just go 2, 3. I know they're strong, but a little variance would be nice.

# 28 djep @ 07/23/15 06:31 PM
I've yet to lead any laps but I've come across lapped traffic and they have either raced me down long straights all the way through the next turn or they will brake hard mid corner on the racing line.

On the replays I'm watching a lapped backmarker squeeze Hamilton's Mercedes to the wall on that long straight in Melbourne right before the quick left-right heading into sector 3.

Blue flags may be in but, in my experience, are not properly obeyed by the AI. I'm only a few races in but not seeing it at all. Glad you're having better luck with the backmarkers. Nico Rosberg could've used some last night trying to get around Kobayashi in my race.

Those Mercedes one-twos are getting boring in real F1 but I love the fact that Mercedes is as dominant in the game as in reality.

# 29 brandon27 @ 07/23/15 07:23 PM
Came up to Singapore... Night.. RAIN. My god did it look awesome. My god did I ever destroy my car.

# 30 Lieutenant Dan @ 07/23/15 08:20 PM
I like the game so far but I have a question about the audio.

The cars don't scream like I am used to hearing in prior ft games or even Project Cars. Did the engine specs change?

# 31 djep @ 07/23/15 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I like the game so far but I have a question about the audio.

The cars don't scream like I am used to hearing in prior ft games or even Project Cars. Did the engine specs change?
They switched to the turbo V6s before last season and they are quiet as a mouse.

There's talk of introducing some gadgetry that will bring back the noise next season but I still miss the screaming V10s

# 32 Lieutenant Dan @ 07/23/15 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djep
They switched to the turbo V6s before last season and they are quiet as a mouse.

There's talk of introducing some gadgetry that will bring back the noise next season but I still miss the screaming V10s

Thanks for the reply! I was unprepared for the sound difference but that makes sense.

# 33 thegut @ 07/23/15 09:41 PM
Finally finished 1st at Bahrain with Vettel. Passed Hamilton on the last turn. Right now trailing Hamilton by 11 points and Rosberg 4 points below me. Pretty stressful knowing just one DNF would probably crush any hope at battling for first.

Raikkonen is a mad man. He has 3 DNF in the first 6 races. I guess when Kimi isn't trying to spin me out he is slamming into everybody else also.

# 34 cfiore99 @ 07/23/15 09:58 PM
I LOVE it!! But I need one thing from the next patch, I want to be able to customize my race settings in championship season. I want 60 minute practice, full qualy, and 25% race, oh and the lapped traffic to obey the blue flags or at least semi obey them.

# 35 djep @ 07/23/15 10:18 PM
I love it too. The cars really feel alive this year. My favorite change is to how cars react when contact is made. This along with improved damage model, and aggressive but fair AI just makes the wheel to wheel racing better than any F1 game I can remember. You can't just bumper car your way past the AI like in the past.

To add to your requests I'd also like to be able to see the weather forecast for the entire race weekend. This was in every game prior so I'm not sure why this was excluded this year.

Also would like to see better info on the timing boards. After running a few laps in practice and driving back to the pits I want to see my personal best lap and sector times, not the in lap time.

I've read a lot of complaints about the various bugs but F1 is itself a very technical sport that is full of bugs. Look at what it's happening at McLaren Honda this year.

Bring back career mode next year and I'll be really happy.

# 36 brandon27 @ 07/25/15 09:48 AM
Just had my last season race at Abu Dabi... Really cool job with the day to night transitions. Nicely done.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 37 BL8001 @ 07/25/15 09:07 PM
This game is pretty fun even with the bugs. I was in a sauber in mexico and on my 18th lap i tried to pass both ferrari's ahead of me with a risky move. got past the first one but got the door shut on me by the next one and I got knocked sideways. A redbull nipped the front wing and I saw pieces go flying.

Got back on track in 10th and was able to battle the vehicle for the next 6 laps and hold my spot in the points. After the tight techinical section, the swervy fast section before the grandstands was giving me fits with the damaged wing. I was really impressed how it drove when it was technically not drivable. It was a serious fight just to bring it home. On the 4th to last turn, the turn that leads into the grandstand section, I got undercut and dropped to 11th. Then while trying to fight back 10th I got nipped by two more cars. To cap it off I got a post race penalty for the ferrari collision that dropped me to 15th.

Most fun race I have had in a racing game, coming in 15th.

# 38 BL8001 @ 07/25/15 09:13 PM
The mexico race was on the 5th difficulty.

On the 3rd, medium, I was able to win in hungary piloting the same felipe nasr sauber.

# 39 BL8001 @ 07/25/15 10:59 PM
Something I just noticed, that photo taken from the replay shows crazy elevation changes that are not there when you actually race.

That looks spa-esque

# 40 fuupstraydog @ 07/26/15 01:06 AM
The only thing that I don't like about the game is that there is no career mode but I love the competitiveness from the AI even as I play on hard difficulty since I'm not that great and just started f1 last year. Had my cousin play it today amd he was playing it like a nascar game 😂😂

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.