Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/15 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
Apparently you didn't read the article nor see the grades of all the corners. Sherman played the #1 less than Harris. The Patriots had the #1 scoring offense. Neither one of those arguments, the ones you make against Harris, are used against Revis or Sherman.

If you have the PFF subscription, please look at the hard data. It's indisputable that Harris had the best year of any CB. Those are facts, numbers don't lie. To counter your claim that he played the slot too.. Don't most teams play their fastest, quickest WR's in the slot? Usually they do.. Look at the film. You'll see Harris dominate everyone he lined up against.. 1's, 2's, 3's and even the water boys

www.techraptor.net
I clearly states that Sherman plays less against a number 1 wr (only 20% of the time). This argument isn't about Sherman. Harris is #2 on that list at 35% of the time.

Not to mention that Harris struggles in man according to it as well and is primarily a system (scheme) zone corner.

We'll see what he does this year with even more tape on him

Then maybe you Broncos fans can hop off him for one second.

# 42 Birdman18 @ 07/31/15 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I clearly states that Sherman plays less against a number 1 wr (only 20% of the time). This argument isn't about Sherman. Harris is #2 on that list at 35% of the time.

We'll see what he does this year with even more tape on him

Then maybe you Broncos fans can hop off him for one second.

I'm not a Broncos fan

www.techraptor.net

# 43 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/15 10:12 AM
Quote:
I'm not a Broncos fan

www.techraptor.net
Sure buddy.

# 44 Birdman18 @ 07/31/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Sure buddy.

Do you see my avatar? I'm a Bears fan through and through. Grew up 45 minutes away from Soldier Field. I root for no one else besides my team.

Agree to disagree, but don't label me as a Broncos fan. I'm not fair weathered

www.techraptor.net

# 45 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Do you see my avatar? I'm a Bears fan through and through. Grew up 45 minutes away from Soldier Field. I root for no one else besides my team.

www.techraptor.net
I've seen worse on OS. There's plenty of closet troll accounts. But being that you're a Bears fan - I'm not surprised your interest lies with other teams being that your fanhood is at the gallows

# 46 Birdman18 @ 07/31/15 10:18 AM
Quote:
I've seen worse on OS. There's plenty of closet troll accounts. But being that you're a Bears fan - I'm not surprised your interest lies with other teams being that your fanhood is at the gallows

I've endured worse than what my team is going through now.. If anyone remembers the Mike Tomczack years and how the Bears front office let Harbaugh go for him.. Or the time they thought Kordell Stewart was the savior.. The late 80's to early/mid 90's were very rough.

My interests will NEVER lie with another though. I'm diehard Chicago sports and nothing else. My dad taught me better than that!! [emoji16]

www.techraptor.net

# 47 jfsolo @ 07/31/15 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'll be interested to see what some of these corners have for tackle ratings. Sherman might be a 97 but he should be in the 30's or 40's when it comes to tackling.
Hopefully the improvements in gang tackling have allowed them to tune CB's down to a realistic level instead of a lot of them being better than LB's. The ridiculous and always overpowered Hit Stick will probably still allow most of them to tackle too well though.

# 48 DeuceDouglas @ 07/31/15 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Hopefully the improvements in gang tackling have allowed them to tune CB's down to a realistic level instead of a lot of them being better than LB's. The ridiculous and always overpowered Hit Stick will probably still allow most of them to tackle too well though.
Makes me wonder what corners hit power will be as well because they should all be really low across the league. Now that they've got the "tackle button" with A/X, I wish they'd just turn the hit stick into a Yes/No trait and then get rid of the Hit Power rating since it doesn't seem to really matter either. I can't wait for the day that there is no more hit stick.

# 49 TeamHawkins @ 07/31/15 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
The NFL Top 100 also underrated Matt Forte last year and listed a kicker in the top 100 better than two other players .

NFL top 100 is a joke , just because Haden isn't rated as a top 5 on here doesn't mean he's not a very good corner . Haden had a down year
I'm not about to argue something that I do for a living. Which is Sports. And Haden didn't have a down year. If you're going to call yourself rebuttling someone's post at least use facts. Also, while I don't like ESPN and plenty other Sports sites, the point here is clearly being missed. How do you create a football game and NOT at least use NFL.com as a barrier?

You sound like one of those kids who would argue this game until the cows come home.

# 50 The JareBear @ 07/31/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Makes me wonder what corners hit power will be as well because they should all be really low across the league. Now that they've got the "tackle button" with A/X, I wish they'd just turn the hit stick into a Yes/No trait and then get rid of the Hit Power rating since it doesn't seem to really matter either. I can't wait for the day that there is no more hit stick.
I would love for corners to be represented realistically as far as tackling goes. I don't see it happening, as in those E3 clips I saw a guy landing violent hit stick tackles with DRC, but one one can still hope.

When the hit stick as first introduced I remember it had a risk/reward factor, you could easily whiff if you time the hit poorly. Over the years it's popularity (I really don't understand how every single player being able to level anyone is considered sim, just saying) probably led EA to basically turning it into an insta-guaranteed-ownage button for more widespread appeal (because there is nothing cool about missed tackles, unfortunately). Personally I hate the hit stick with a passion. Have hard hits decided by ratings and attributes.

It would be nice if I was able to make tackles with Talib that I can't with Harris, but, I doubt that will happen soon.

# 51 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/31/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
I'm not about to argue something that I do for a living. Which is Sports. And Haden didn't have a down year. If you're going to call yourself rebuttling someone's post at least use facts. Also, while I don't like ESPN and plenty other Sports sites, the point here is clearly being missed. How do you create a football game and NOT at least use NFL.com as a barrier?

You sound like one of those kids who would argue this game until the cows come home.

I'm 27 years old not a kid , Haden started off the year not that good . It's nice that you do it for a living but a lot of people do stuff for a living and not be " the best " .

I'm not missing the point tho , why use NFL top 100 when it's not based off data ? It's basically like a popularity contest from your peers in some way . Opinion based

Randall Cobb and Calais Campbell aren't better football players than Adam Vinatieri ? According to the list they are . Joe Haden wasn't even listed as a top 10 corner in adjusted success rate last season among the 32 cbs that were considered number 1's .

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ack-stats-2014

# 52 TOmuch81 @ 07/31/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
I agree that Peterson had a down year, but when healthy he is arguably the best. Just look at how he shut down Dez or Megatron. Peterson, Haden, and Grimes need to be in the top 5

When the Cards played Dallas, Weeden was the QB. Just sayin...

# 53 TheKingOfVa @ 07/31/15 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmuch81
When the Cards played Dallas, Weeden was the QB. Just sayin...

And the Cards played 11 games with a backup or 4th string qb. Just sayin...

# 54 charter04 @ 07/31/15 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
And the Cards played 11 games with a backup or 4th string qb. Just sayin...

What the heck does that have to do with the discussion of Peterson "shutting down" Dez?

The point was that Dez was open and didn't get shut down because Weeden was so terrible he couldn't get him the ball.

# 55 TheKingOfVa @ 07/31/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What the heck does that have to do with the discussion of Peterson "shutting down" Dez?

The point was that Dez was open and didn't get shut down because Weeden was so terrible he couldn't get him the ball.
Dez wasn't open. He got shut down because Peterson stepped up for the match up. Wasn't like he was wide open all day and Weeden was throwing it in the stands. So save the excuses.

# 56 charter04 @ 07/31/15 04:01 PM
Quote:
Dez wasn't open. He got shut down because Peterson stepped up for the match up. Wasn't like he was wide open all day and Weeden was throwing it in the stands. So save the excuses.

You must not have watched it. He was throwing behind Dez all game. It's those Cardinal biased classes you have on. Lol

# 57 Sheba2011 @ 08/01/15 09:10 AM
Quote:
I've endured worse than what my team is going through now.. If anyone remembers the Mike Tomczack years and how the Bears front office let Harbaugh go for him.. Or the time they thought Kordell Stewart was the savior.. The late 80's to early/mid 90's were very rough.

My interests will NEVER lie with another though. I'm diehard Chicago sports and nothing else. My dad taught me better than that!! [emoji16]

www.techraptor.net
Or the time they drafted Rex Grossman in the first round...

# 58 Birdman18 @ 08/01/15 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Or the time they drafted Rex Grossman in the first round...

Thanks for the reminder!! To be fair, Rex had a decent career at Florida and didn't do bad the year they went to the Super Bowl. But he did ride the coat tails of that defense and his terrible play in said Super Bowl eventually lost them the game

www.techraptor.net

# 59 TOmuch81 @ 08/01/15 11:19 AM
Quote:

I think Peterson is deserving to be in this top 5 and I'm surprised he isnt on here. Although, Dez did manage 1 TD catch off Pat Pete that game.

# 60 4thQtrStre5S @ 08/01/15 12:00 PM
I think Revis is overrated...he is being benefitted by reputation..like many players continue to get voted to the pro-bowl by name recognition

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.