Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the first NBA 2K16 digital short, titled Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows. The video showcases some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay.

The video chronicles the inspiring history of NBA superstar and cover athlete Steph Curry’s rise to dominance. Narrated by Spike Lee, the montage of gameplay and true life footage showcases Curry’s journey from being drafting by the Golden State Warriors to winning the 2014-15 NBA Championship.

This video is the first in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.

We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.

NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 29. If you pre-order at participating North American retail and online vendors, you get it on September 25, along with in-game bonuses.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 I Djm @ 08/11/15 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I feel that the people that have been referred to as "trolls" have said many good things about 2K. The problem here is that people are not focusing on that.

Also it's like all of your (staunch 2k supporters) criticisms are the only ones that matter, while those who have been more critical of the game just get the label as a "troll". No, that's not how it works. Many of us have made very valid arguments, only to be told that we are "spoiled", "unappreciative", etc. Again, I'm not on 2K's payroll, last I checked, we are all paying them $60 a game...
That's y i hardly post here anymore these cats only focus is praising 2k

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 262 scottyp180 @ 08/11/15 06:35 PM
Quote:
I feel that the people that have been referred to as "trolls" have said many good things about 2K. The problem here is that people are not focusing on that.

Also it's like all of your (staunch 2k supporters) criticisms are the only ones that matter, while those who have been more critical of the game just get the label as a "troll". No, that's not how it works. Many of us have made very valid arguments, only to be told that we are "spoiled", "unappreciative", etc. Again, I'm not on 2K's payroll, last I checked, we are all paying them $60 a game...
But think about it in the context of the video that was released. This video obviously wasn't meant to show off gameplay. if 2K really wanted us to see gameplay right now they would be releasing more than 5 seconds worth. It is out of context to criticize the games issues on a video that was intended to give us a glimpse of Spike Lee's role in the game. That comes off as trolling. If you want to discuss the games issues you have the option creating your own thread to do so. I'm pretty sure their was a thread since last year about what 2k should improve for 2k16. (Not directing this directly towards you but to those who were labeled trolls).

Regarding criticism of 2K's marketing and the manner is which they release info I can understand people's complaints but the extent to which some people complained came off as children whining because they want something now. We all want videos and info asap but regardless of when it gets released it's still the same game. Whether they released the first video in June, July, Yesterday, or next week the game that gets released on September 28th is still the same game.

# 263 scottyp180 @ 08/11/15 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
No i mean people getting hyped by some getting hired like they are going to make all the changes but 2k might not want to add that at the moment

I got you and realistically it is unreasonable for people to think that. I have faith that the guys that are hired are trying to bring all their best ideas to the table but that doesnt mean 2k can and will add all of their ideas into the game.

Take Czar for example. Last year he showed off videos of the ideas he was bringing to the game with the free flowing offense but even he acknowledged it was a work in progress that might take another year or two to fully implement; however what was added to the game last year was promising for things to come.

That alone has me confident that 2K is valuing their input and are at least working to make improvements to the overall product. 2k has obviously been quiet so far so hopefully they do have some surprise additions that we aren't aware of just yet.

# 264 23 @ 08/11/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
That's y i hardly post here anymore these cats only focus is praising 2k

This forum is full of people who only come here to complain, vent, start threads about something they should take to 2k support and whine all day every day for the entire year cycle.

And for the record im actually sick of the kind of posts you just made. Instead of coming here to talk about the game you have people coming here to talk about other posters. Its disgusting

# 265 The 24th Letter @ 08/11/15 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Idk man the way 2k is exploited online ? I haven't seen a game this bad . If it's an exploit in GTA , madden , Fighting games etc ... It's usually 1 or 2 exploits that patches will fix . Patch 4 made the cheese stronger with the zig zag , certain shots were easier , Demi Gods , abuse of baseline drives , setting picks under basket , cheesing for rebounds out of bounds , post fadeaway abuse , up and under cheese (move makes you jump automatically ) I've experience the worse cheating in the rec than I've experienced in all my years of gaming

Don't know what variety of games you play but if 2k is your worst experience online....congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 266 LM1213 @ 08/11/15 08:14 PM
this thread got me thinking people like:

All I do is hate hate hate no matter what
Got hating on my mind, I can never hate enough
And every time I step up in the building
Every middle finger goes UP
And they stay there, and they stay there

# 267 kehlis @ 08/11/15 08:29 PM
Let's get this thread back on topic please.

# 268 23 @ 08/11/15 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Let's get this thread back on topic please.
This thread is dead kehlis

It's just a matter of time

# 269 ChrisBurnette68 @ 08/11/15 09:02 PM
Yea I'm new to these threads but I'll probably be gone soon. Seems to be A LOT of complaining. We all know there are issues with the game that could be fixed but when we care more about how a players fingers look or make up the idea that 2k is not innovating that's crazy. They have made mistakes but we all know they have not been intentional. Their goal is to make a great basketball simulation and for 15 years I think we'd all say for the most part they have succeeded. Much more so than any other sports game on the market. That being said I'm excited for 2k16 and I'm excited to see the improvements they have made. Whether they're up to our standard or not we can't say they aren't trying new things.

# 270 DC @ 08/11/15 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
We will share info when it's time. Just take comfort in the fact that it's 3 in the morning and we're still in the office making the game better. I'm sure you guys would prefer our time be spent doing that than hanging out in the forums and Twitter.
I prefer you updating headbands and sweat socks. Forget gameplay

# 271 hesko @ 08/12/15 12:20 AM
C'mon cuh.
Y'all still on dat cuh?
Plee loc dis cuh.
Y'all thank 2k flexin' cuh?
Deez ninjas trippin' cuh.
Talmbout if players aint blinkin' dis yeah, i aint spennin dat 60 cuh.
F'real cuh.
Plee loc dis thread cuh.

# 272 iLLWiLL @ 08/12/15 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Dag, Mike 'got got'

Had a point, especially his last couple of points.

# 273 beef09 @ 08/12/15 03:38 AM
when come gameplay?

september is release.

lol

# 274 strawberryshortcake @ 08/12/15 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef09
when come gameplay?

september is release.

lol

There are a total 44 days to go before early release date of 9/25/15.

EDIT:
It's probably been mentioned, but why does Curry's face look so chubby?

# 275 Cripterion @ 08/12/15 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhead80
There's definitely crowd "ball tracking" which is a welcome and long awaited addition. If you observe the pics and videos even further you see other small additions...more cameramen on the baseline (finally!), along with white towels for the players (both are great touches) and also ushers in the stands. For all the complaining I hope you guys at 2K know some of us notice the "little things" you put in the game.
Where have you seen this please? I have yet to see footage of bench players, even the ghetto footage we got from Gamescom didn't show any bench for players, it was all crowd.

# 276 HowDareI @ 08/12/15 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Guess I'm going to have to be "That guy" because I don't think Steph Curry looks all that great, his complexion is weird (Too white??) and his face is like ultra chubby lol...
Plenty of people have said it...

Some people don't see it, I'm with you tho.

# 277 b1baller @ 08/12/15 11:18 AM
I guess im the only person who noticed the Easter egg at the beginning of the video. It shows high-school 3 point line and also NBA 3 point line (Right at the beginning with the young Steph Curry on the blackcourt). This is furthering my belief that we will be able to start our MyCareers in highschool...... OMG this is gonna be amazing, if my speculation is true.

# 278 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/12/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't know what variety of games you play but if 2k is your worst experience online....congratulations

Don't know what games you play or modes in 2k but if you haven't experienced the lag or cheese or abuse of exploits in the rec that millions of others have experienced congratulations to you

Other than that it's a reason the clip talks about his high school days

# 279 The 24th Letter @ 08/12/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Don't know what games you play or modes in 2k but if you haven't experienced the lag or cheese or abuse of exploits in the rec that millions of others have experienced congratulations to you

Other than that it's a reason the clip talks about his high school days

If I said that, I guess a congratulations would be in order, lol.....unfortunately I didn't....I've experienced pretty much all of the exploits you've mentioned....

but even more of the 'millions' of us who play other games online have seen worse...

# 280 23 @ 08/12/15 04:34 PM
Quote:
You'll get the label of "troll" with talk like that that's how it started for me
You need to stop it. You are definitely trolling at this point and on the verge of being banned

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.