Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Shopmaster has checked in with another Madden NFL 16 CFM video. While there isn't any footage from the actual game in the video, he talks about the top 10 things you need to know about scouting in this years game.

He goes over when scouting season starts, unlocking stats, combine stats, watch list and much more.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jpdavis82 @ 08/11/15 09:14 PM
They're breaking down position changes in M16 that you can make this year on GC radio right now.

If you move a fast wr to QB, if his QB related stats aren't good, it won't be worth it once you get to all pro or higher difficulty.

# 42 bspring3 @ 08/11/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Setting up to be my least favorite and worst scouting system (IMO) ever in Madden. Still have to try it but I already know I hate the idea of true draft value. I don't think anything like that should ever be included in the scouting process and should only be known after the player is drafted if at all. I don't like that when you scout a player you always get his highest attribute first. It basically turns scouting into color by numbers because if a guy pops out a C+ first attribute why would you scout anything else? I think they should have made the order random so there was actually a gamble when it came to moving forward with scouting. Losing points is stupid no matter how you twist it. Forcing anything is a bad idea and if there isn't an option to scout when you want then that is really, really bad. I don't know why you would ever make that decision. Have to wait and see how combine numbers are handled as well but that's about the only thing I like about the scouting as of now.
Something else to also consider…what if a WR has C+ RR, C catch, and C- CIT, but then you get to the offseason and that WR has absolutely ridiculous physical grades from the combine? He instantly becomes much more valuable than before. Its not going to be so cut and dry IMO

# 43 fballturkey @ 08/11/15 09:55 PM
Whether or not I have time to scout every week is irrelevant; I don't want to. So that change is a negative for me. I understand it's so you don't bank your points for the end of the season when you know exactly what positions you need but it's still a negative.

The top three attributes thing is another negative. I'd much prefer you let me pick three attributes and those were the only three I could scout for players at a position. Or just completely scrap the scouting system because it's extraordinarily unrealistic.

True draft value needs to be gone on a pre-launch patch. Look, I like Madden. I'm buying it. I'm not trying to be a drag here. This is the worst addition to the franchise since the vision cone. It ruins scouting completely and makes finding gems or drafting busts just not happen. It was a terrible idea and it sort of terrifies me that they included it. I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.

# 44 roadman @ 08/11/15 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Whether or not I have time to scout every week is irrelevant; I don't want to. So that change is a negative for me. I understand it's so you don't bank your points for the end of the season when you know exactly what positions you need but it's still a negative.

The top three attributes thing is another negative. I'd much prefer you let me pick three attributes and those were the only three I could scout for players at a position. Or just completely scrap the scouting system because it's extraordinarily unrealistic.

True draft value needs to be gone on a pre-launch patch. Look, I like Madden. I'm buying it. I'm not trying to be a drag here. This is the worst addition to the franchise since the vision cone. It ruins scouting completely and makes finding gems or drafting busts just not happen. It was a terrible idea and it sort of terrifies me that they included it. I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.
I think they do understand the user base, there is a website to vote for things you want for CCM put together by Shopmaster.

It's just going to take awhile to get things in that people want without corrupting CFM, online and offline.

# 45 fballturkey @ 08/11/15 10:19 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody on there voted for "let me see players true draft value." Nobody has ever asked for that, yet here it is while we're still without CPU vs. CPU being turned on or, most egregiously, formation subs.

Edit: It just sort of shocks me because they could have gotten it right with almost no extra effort. Let me hire a scout, and depending on how good they are give me more/less accurate data. Have the scout bring players up to me. "This guy is projected in the 5th but I think he's a 2nd round talent." "This guy is expected to go in the 3rd but guys in the 6th round rate better with me." Etc. You'd keep the excitement without having a button that tells you exactly when a player should be drafted.

# 46 Khanchus @ 08/11/15 10:41 PM
[quote=fballturkey;2047563671
True draft value needs to be gone on a pre-launch patch. Look, I like Madden. I'm buying it. I'm not trying to be a drag here. This is the worst addition to the franchise since the vision cone. It ruins scouting completely and makes finding gems or drafting busts just not happen. It was a terrible idea and it sort of terrifies me that they included it. I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.[/QUOTE]

I actually really liked the vision cone, for as hard as it was it was the most realistic thing madden ever done but hey to each its own

# 47 tejada1076 @ 08/11/15 10:51 PM
The scouting system is more user friendly for the common player. Way to entice them to get more involved and enmeshed. I think it's a great idea worth trying. If anything it simplifies the process and gives us quick, tangible results that help us feel involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 48 roadman @ 08/11/15 11:35 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure nobody on there voted for "let me see players true draft value." Nobody has ever asked for that, yet here it is while we're still without CPU vs. CPU being turned on or, most egregiously, formation subs.

Edit: It just sort of shocks me because they could have gotten it right with almost no extra effort. Let me hire a scout, and depending on how good they are give me more/less accurate data. Have the scout bring players up to me. "This guy is projected in the 5th but I think he's a 2nd round talent." "This guy is expected to go in the 3rd but guys in the 6th round rate better with me." Etc. You'd keep the excitement without having a button that tells you exactly when a player should be drafted.
Actually, looks like it was requested around E3 time according to this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ons-kolbe.html

# 49 jpdavis82 @ 08/11/15 11:44 PM
On the show tonight Rex gave out a lot of good info, one thing he said was animation quality is his big focus right now, along with eliminating physics bumps, slides, pops, and warps. He also said they brought in the Seattle defensive coach recently to start looking at run fits and gap play. He also talked about how there probably won't be a "ratings czar" anymore, but ratings will be more based off of nfl stats and telemetry from the season.

# 50 roadman @ 08/11/15 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
On the show tonight Rex gave out a lot of good info, one thing he said was animation quality is his big focus right now, along with eliminating physics bumps, slides, pops, and warps. He also said they brought in the Seattle defensive coach recently to start looking at run fits and gap play. He also talked about how there probably won't be a "ratings czar" anymore, but ratings will be more based off of nfl stats and telemetry from the season.
So, sounds like they are eliminating his position?

# 51 SyncereBlackout @ 08/11/15 11:59 PM
Quote:
I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.

We as a CCM user base are pretty divided once we get past our Deep Sim CCM "platform."

It's admittedly hard to please even half of us. I don't envy their job.

For example many of us play in Sim leagues. However the rules in each sim league are materially different. So what is truly sim?

# 52 GameBreaker35 @ 08/12/15 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If Rex's team can eliminate the warping and sliding on the defensive side of the ball, this game can really begin to move towards football simulation. It is one of the last major frontiers left to develop as far as on the field gameplay is concerned. They obviously need to keep refining their physics and other engines, but I can only imagine what it could become in another 3 years. I hope that individual player A.I. is something that they are looking at as well. Each player needs to be "reading" their offensive and defensive keys, running and passing lanes, hips and eyes of players, etc.

Hey, a football fan can dream right?

# 53 brza37 @ 08/12/15 05:28 AM
I know its been said already but I also want to say that losing scouting points if you can't scout is awful for online CFMs. These leagues go year round. Everybody in a league has certain weeks where they just can't get on their console and play whether its an hour long game or 10 minutes for scouting and game prep. There is work and family responsibilities that keep people from playing during a given week and things like vacation, holidays, or illness that can force people to miss multiple weeks in game at a time. Last year people were already upset that they would basically lose the XP from Game Prep while they were away. Now they'll lose scouting points and fall even further behind?

No matter how you want to support the idea that its "more realistic", the bottom-line is that its just not conducive to keeping online CFMs full and competitive year-round.

If they at least added the ability to scout and do game prep online then maybe that could have at least softened the blow.

All in all, I just really don't understand why they changed scouting. The system last year was good and the only thing missing was combine results.

# 54 Trick13 @ 08/12/15 05:36 AM
Seems to me that many people in this thread, and EA, completely miss the boat on scouting. That is, of course, in my not so humble opinion.

Two seemingly obvious solutions immediately come to mind :

1. Toggle switch - scout points rollover - on/off

2. Scouting difficulty setting -

Rookie - you get it all and it is all displayed, no scouting required - oddly enough it is how Madden used to be circa M03 "true draft value" = unnecessary

Pro - physical and durability ratings are there, scout points for intangibles, technique ratings, and potential/development "true draft value" = available to scout

All-Pro - combine numbers, scout points for everything else - discipline, development, confidence, consistency are all available for scouting, "true draft value" = are you kidding me? Guess just like NFL scouts do!!!

All-Madden - combine numbers, scout for anything else, discipline, development, confidence, consistency are not available for scouting, someone is gonna ask about true draft value I bet...

Personally I find the debate over scouting in Madden ridiculous - NFL teams not only have entire teams of scouts that work year rd, but they almost all share raw data and pay "outside scouting services" for their data and opinions.

Combine interviews, extensive background investigations, personal conversations with players` college and high school coaches, I mean seriously the need for scouting in Madden only exists because certain real world elements can not exist within a video game - work ethic, passion, drive, mental toughness, desire, peer pressure, eating habits, drugs, women, bad influences from family, friends, associates.

What makes the draft so fascinating, so compelling, and in point of fact so difficult to do well is that the "prizes" in the draft are human and thus you get some amazing stories on both ends of the spectrum - J. Russell who ate his way out of the league, or that undrafted player who is too small, but just flat out gets it done some way some how - like C. Beasley...

I would prefer the way old way - "word problems" I think someone in here said...

...give me a certain number of scouts and a certain budget to use, let me hire fictitious "scouts" with strengths and weaknesses, and varying levels of accuracy and then just "auto" scout and let it be like it is in the NFL - basically a game of chance...

# 55 SolidSquid @ 08/12/15 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Seems to me that many people in this thread, and EA, completely miss the boat on scouting. That is, of course, in my not so humble opinion.

Two seemingly obvious solutions immediately come to mind :

1. Toggle switch - scout points rollover - on/off

2. Scouting difficulty setting -

Rookie - you get it all and it is all displayed, no scouting required - oddly enough it is how Madden used to be circa M03 "true draft value" = unnecessary

Pro - physical and durability ratings are there, scout points for intangibles, technique ratings, and potential/development "true draft value" = available to scout

All-Pro - combine numbers, scout points for everything else - discipline, development, confidence, consistency are all available for scouting, "true draft value" = are you kidding me? Guess just like NFL scouts do!!!

All-Madden - combine numbers, scout for anything else, discipline, development, confidence, consistency are not available for scouting, someone is gonna ask about true draft value I bet...

Personally I find the debate over scouting in Madden ridiculous - NFL teams not only have entire teams of scouts that work year rd, but they almost all share raw data and pay "outside scouting services" for their data and opinions.

Combine interviews, extensive background investigations, personal conversations with players` college and high school coaches, I mean seriously the need for scouting in Madden only exists because certain real world elements can not exist within a video game - work ethic, passion, drive, mental toughness, desire, peer pressure, eating habits, drugs, women, bad influences from family, friends, associates.

What makes the draft so fascinating, so compelling, and in point of fact so difficult to do well is that the "prizes" in the draft are human and thus you get some amazing stories on both ends of the spectrum - J. Russell who ate his way out of the league, or that undrafted player who is too small, but just flat out gets it done some way some how - like C. Beasley...

I would prefer the way old way - "word problems" I think someone in here said...

...give me a certain number of scouts and a certain budget to use, let me hire fictitious "scouts" with strengths and weaknesses, and varying levels of accuracy and then just "auto" scout and let it be like it is in the NFL - basically a game of chance...
Word problems were by far he most realistic way to scout. It's basically exactly what happens when a coach sits down with his scouts in the off season. They don't say "CB X has a man coverage rating of A, press coverage rating of A, and zone coverage rating of D" they say "CB X is a press man corner who tends to get lost in zone coverage". They could even go the NBA 2k route and break it down to strengths and weaknesses "great ball skills, can run with any receiver, jams guys at the line consistently" "lost in zone, afraid to tackle, needs to become more aware"

Not only is it more realistic but it also becomes a meta game in knowing what youre looking for in players and how to decifer the scouts info.

# 56 Trick13 @ 08/12/15 07:11 AM
I am almost afraid to bring this up, but;

Shop said something that absolutely terrifies me - something about a combine grade on a 1-10 scale. If we don't get numbers for every player, for every drill, I am going to go bat-poop bleeping nuts!!!

I am so sick and tired of the over-contrived and super convoluted attempts at "difficulty" within the team management areas of Madden that I seriously may have a freaking aneurysm if all we get is ridiculous garbage 5.76 type crap in the "combine grade" column!!!

Really, I mean it, we are talking postal, with a capital nuclear, epic freaking meltdown!!!

EA, listen guys. There are these scouting reports that any average bumble headed Jack wagon in any semi-free country can buy and digest ad nauseam that lists every single prospect, from every school, that may even remotely have a extraordinarily distant shot of playing in a training camp in the NFL. In these magical magazines, or even free online digests, they list every freaking measurable for as many as 500 NFL "prospects" every year!

Now, let us think, for just a moment, about what that should mean for Madden scouting. I mean, if any Tom, Dolly, or Seth can obtain these mystical numbers (40 times, wonderlic scores, vertical and broad jump, 10 & 20 yard splits, cone drill times, bench press reps, arm length, body fat percentages, etc, etc), if anyone can buy this info, then why the heck would you not disclose it in the franchise mode in which I am assuming the role of a freaking "Coach/GM/Owner" of an NFL franchise where I have access to an entire team of scouts???

WHY???

Ok, sorry, I forgot to breathe for a bit there, calming down, 1,2,3,4 and breathe and exhale, 5,6,7,8,9 - better skip 10 or I might start freaking out about a possible 1-10 scale grade again, crap, I am bleeping losing it again....

# 57 NYTitan21 @ 08/12/15 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I am almost afraid to bring this up, but;

Shop said something that absolutely terrifies me - something about a combine grade on a 1-10 scale. If we don't get numbers for every player, for every drill, I am going to go bat-poop bleeping nuts!!!

I am so sick and tired of the over-contrived and super convoluted attempts at "difficulty" within the team management areas of Madden that I seriously may have a freaking aneurysm if all we get is ridiculous garbage 5.76 type crap in the "combine grade" column!!!

Really, I mean it, we are talking postal, with a capital nuclear, epic freaking meltdown!!!

EA, listen guys. There are these scouting reports that any average bumble headed Jack wagon in any semi-free country can buy and digest ad nauseam that lists every single prospect, from every school, that may even remotely have a extraordinarily distant shot of playing in a training camp in the NFL. In these magical magazines, or even free online digests, they list every freaking measurable for as many as 500 NFL "prospects" every year!

Now, let us think, for just a moment, about what that should mean for Madden scouting. I mean, if any Tom, Dolly, or Seth can obtain these mystical numbers (40 times, wonderlic scores, vertical and broad jump, 10 & 20 yard splits, cone drill times, bench press reps, arm length, body fat percentages, etc, etc), if anyone can buy this info, then why the heck would you not disclose it in the franchise mode in which I am assuming the role of a freaking "Coach/GM/Owner" of an NFL franchise where I have access to an entire team of scouts???

WHY???

Ok, sorry, I forgot to breathe for a bit there, calming down, 1,2,3,4 and breathe and exhale, 5,6,7,8,9 - better skip 10 or I might start freaking out about a possible 1-10 scale grade again, crap, I am bleeping losing it again....
Breathe lol.

You get all the numbers that NFL teams get at the combine. The combine grade is in the draft board then you can click on the player to see all his grades. (Yes I've played the game.)

# 58 fballturkey @ 08/12/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, looks like it was requested around E3 time according to this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ons-kolbe.html
I think True Draft Value predates E3, but either way I'm not seeing it in that thread. Am I missing it? I'm not complaining about the changes listed in that OP by the way.

# 59 Trick13 @ 08/12/15 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTitan21
Breathe lol.

You get all the numbers that NFL teams get at the combine. The combine grade is in the draft board then you can click on the player to see all his grades. (Yes I've played the game.)
Thanks man, great to hear...

EA - excellent work

Amazon, you may proceed with my pre-order

# 60 Azcardinal32 @ 08/12/15 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTitan21
Breathe lol.

Since you have played, can you confirm if the generated draft classes have had the rating scale adjusted to match the overhaul to the current players? Forget scouting, this could be the real killer to cfm.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.