Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the third NBA 2K16 digital short, titled Anthony Davis: Rise, showcasing some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay.

The video documents Anthony Davis’ rise to become one of the premier players in the NBA, as well as his journey through Perspectives Charter High School and the University of Kentucky before joining the New Orleans Pelicans and earning All-NBA First Team honors in 2015.

We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.

This video is the final in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.

If you missed the first two videos, we have links below:NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 29. If you pre-order at participating North American retail and online vendors, you get it on September 25, along with in-game bonuses.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 08/20/15 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I'm now convinced the body scanning was a cruel joke or something. My God, what's with the cankles? Pause the video at the 1:12 mark. His ankles shouldn't even be close to that thick. I know some of you don't care, and that's fine. But if they're going for realism, they're really dropping the ball in this dept.

2K still can't capture the length/lankiness of NBA bodies. I don't get it. The shorts extending past players knees doesn't help. It makes their legs look way too short. Maybe make the legs longer then (and skinnier)?

Either way it's rather frustrating that something hat should be so simple to do, keeps getting looked over.
I agree with you about the fat legs. I dont think anyone shpuld have them like that.

I dont even know how to get them to see those fat legs in production

# 22 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/20/15 12:26 PM
The faces look dope . Body types look off here though

# 23 GSW @ 08/20/15 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Not even a quick vid of him blocking anybody? gah....
Woulda been nice, for sure.

I don't want to seem ungrateful though, I'm definitely excited for 2k16.

# 24 MarkWilliam @ 08/20/15 12:29 PM
Do you think it's just for some players? Because I swear KD was perfect in 2K15 no? (The body models)

# 25 Teddy_Long @ 08/20/15 12:32 PM
davis legs are way too big. with davis wide shoulder base, he's going to appear to be zo on the court and not slim and long.

# 26 ojandpizza @ 08/20/15 12:32 PM
Everything about that was incredible... But I still can't get over his double chin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 MontanaMan @ 08/20/15 12:39 PM
The sneakers still don't look scanned. I don't see any individual laces.

They got Ant's tapered afro and teeth right though lol.

# 28 ojandpizza @ 08/20/15 12:41 PM
Everyone keeps complaining about legs like they are trunks or something.

They appear to be about the same size as his arms, which is pretty accurate for most NBA players. Hell, Davis's legs are thicker than his arms are in real life.

Yall stressing way too damn hard about how "off" the legs are, it's pretty damn accurate. The only player I can really see being a problem would be ZBo. He's really the only guy I can think of with legs significantly smaller than his torso build, he looks strange as hell. Davis and Dwight's are fairly proportionate. They just look strange because the broad shoulders and TV camera angles.

I don't know what yall are seeing.

# 29 Teddy_Long @ 08/20/15 12:43 PM
ojand, i'm not seeing this:

# 30 The 24th Letter @ 08/20/15 12:43 PM
Dirks hair looked longer in that other pic...makes me wonder if they have long hair Dirk on the 2006 Mavs...

Nice little video though, becoming a bigger AD fan every day....I'm ready for a trailer..

# 31 The 24th Letter @ 08/20/15 12:44 PM
Something about NBA players man...they can look muscular in one pic and skinny in another...

# 32 Steve_OS @ 08/20/15 12:56 PM
Updated the OP.

Snipped out all the gameplay action here.

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/...357632/video/1

# 33 23 @ 08/20/15 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Something about NBA players man...they can look muscular in one pic and skinny in another...
One things for sure, in 2k they should definitely underdo on the thickness.

Dwight's legs in 2k15 look like watermelons lol. Everyone doesn't have Blake Griffin cavs. Combine that with the super long wide shorts they have and the players look like they tip toe run down the court

Just give us the ability to edit this stuff if you won't do it.

# 34 Halloween @ 08/20/15 01:01 PM
Gameplay improvements might have something to do with footwork.

Watch the youtube clip and look at the bottom right hand annotation that says Anthony Davis instagram. There's a short clip of him setting a pick focusing on leg/foot movement.

# 35 b1baller @ 08/20/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Gameplay improvements might have something to do with footwork.

Watch the youtube clip and look at the bottom right hand annotation that says Anthony Davis instagram. There's a short clip of him setting a pick focusing on leg/foot movement.
Holy **** I just noticed that! Look at the way he set that pic, that looks ultra realistic and the movement looks different then previous nba2k games

# 36 ojandpizza @ 08/20/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
ojand, i'm not seeing this:

Those look the same size, or bigger even, as his arms.. As they appear to be in the video.

# 37 ojandpizza @ 08/20/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Dwight's legs in 2k15 look like watermelons lol. Everyone doesn't have Blake Griffin cavs. Combine that with the super long wide shorts they have and the players look like they tip toe run down the court

Best case scenario would just be a slider that increases/decreases areas of the body. Shoulders, chest, arms, legs, etc.

This is in pretty much every golf, UFC, wrestling games for the past 10 years. Can't imagine it being all that difficult.

# 38 The 24th Letter @ 08/20/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Lol @ watermelons. I'll take your word for it man....I don't even catch stuff like that until I see it on here. Hopefully they fix it for you guys....same with the shorts

Maybe it's just my low standards on this particular issue, but I liked AD's body type this past year....I've always felt 2k has done a good job with player differentiation from a distance...

# 39 HowDareI @ 08/20/15 01:17 PM
I met MCW a few weeks ago at the court I play at. He came to watch a flag football tournament and sign autographs and stuff..

Got to see him face to face and let me tell you...

On TV, even at a Sixers game, he looks like the skinniest dude ever. But face to face dudes a biggggg guy. So maybe these body scans have been accurate and are making guys who look skinny on TV actually what they are irl.

# 40 The 24th Letter @ 08/20/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Best case scenario would just be a slider that increases/decreases areas of the body. Shoulders, chest, arms, legs, etc.

This is in pretty much every golf, UFC, wrestling games for the past 10 years. Can't imagine it being all that difficult.

Hopefully we'll be able to run wild with this kind of stuff in bball games again soon like we could last gen...I understand why we can't mess with hair with the way guys are scanned now but what you said seems reasonable...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.