Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the third NBA 2K16 digital short, titled Anthony Davis: Rise, showcasing some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay.

The video documents Anthony Davis’ rise to become one of the premier players in the NBA, as well as his journey through Perspectives Charter High School and the University of Kentucky before joining the New Orleans Pelicans and earning All-NBA First Team honors in 2015.

We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.

This video is the final in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.

If you missed the first two videos, we have links below:NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 29. If you pre-order at participating North American retail and online vendors, you get it on September 25, along with in-game bonuses.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 cthurt @ 08/21/15 01:54 PM
I feel like 2k might have shot themselves in the foot with the announcing of the body scans, it will just make us dissect every little detail, if they just said we improved bodies this year it probably wouldn't make people talk about elbows and teeth and things like that, just my opinion though.

One thing I'm not feeling though is the reddish tent the players seem to have this year,

# 102 lakers24 @ 08/21/15 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I feel like 2k might have shot themselves in the foot with the announcing of the body scans, it will just make us dissect every little detail, if they just said we improved bodies this year it probably wouldn't make people talk about elbows and teeth and things like that, just my opinion though.

One thing I'm not feeling though is the reddish tent the players seem to have this year,
That was gonna happen anyway with how players looked last year body wise. Them announcing body scans has nothing to do with these debates over minute details non of us will notice when playing the game for the next 10 months. It's obvious the difference the scans have made to the look of players' arms/torso but regardless it will be picked apart because we have nothing but these short clips to dissect frame by frame. When things get to a certain point graphically your eye has a tendency to "see" all the small inaccuracies you never thought about before.

# 103 BluFu @ 08/21/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
You also said these elbows look the same. LOL.

Spoiler

No excuses. ESPECIALLY if they did the so-called "body scans". I mean, there's no definition in his muscles either. The skin tone is off (maybe due to the terrible lighting). So what exactly did the body scanning do? I'd love to hear one of the 2K guys chime in and help us out.
I never said those elbows looked the same.. Was talking about the elbows in the pictures I posted. One of Davis' most defining upper body features (besides his brow lol) is his shoulders and you have no comment on that? That was clearly body scanned. Body scanning seems to be in its very early stages right now. It's capturing the shape but not the tone (muscle/skin) of the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhead80
For a VIDEO GAME I feel the same way...it looks good.
Least we'll be enjoying this game

# 104 cthurt @ 08/21/15 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
That was gonna happen anyway with how players looked last year body wise. Them announcing body scans has nothing to do with these debates over minute details non of us will notice when playing the game for the next 10 months. It's obvious the difference the scans have made to the look of players' arms/torso but regardless it will be picked apart because we have nothing but these short clips to dissect frame by frame. When things get to a certain point graphically your eye has a tendency to "see" all the small inaccuracies you never thought about before.

Yea that's true, but with the great detail we get in the face scans, I am sure most of us assumed when body scans were announced that we would get the same great detail in the bodies too, from the looks of things so far its not looking as detailed but we still haven't seen enough yet to fully judge, I am more concerned with the skin tones looking correct.

# 105 lakers24 @ 08/21/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Yea that's true, but with the great detail we get in the face scans, I am sure most of us assumed when body scans were announced that we would get the same great detail in the bodies too, from the looks of things so far its not looking as detailed but we still haven't seen enough yet to fully judge, I am more concerned with the skin tones looking correct.
Body scans are just that, body scans. They are not meant for "depth" or detail, but the players do have it somewhat, which is why 2k has the players hold their arms in different positions to capture wrinkles, etc. in the textures. The body scan though is meant to create a mesh like this:

Muscles are hard to capture because these guys aren't playing ball so their arms will never flex "naturally," case in point the AD dunk pic. Every one of his veins and muscles are flexing from the force he's using to dunk, but how do you capture that like this:

That will get the basic muscles to show but it won't ever be detailed the way we think. That doesn't even include the artificial lighting needed to get an accurate scan which "washes out" and "flatens" the surface of his skin.

# 106 cthurt @ 08/21/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Body scans are just that, body scans. They are not meant for "depth" or detail, but the players do have it somewhat, which is why 2k has the players hold their arms in different positions to capture wrinkles, etc. in the textures. The body scan though is meant to create a mesh like this:

Muscles are hard to capture because these guys aren't playing ball so their arms will never flex "naturally," case in point the AD dunk pic. Every one of his veins and muscles are flexing from the force he's using to dunk, but how do you capture that like this:

That will get the basic muscles to show but it won't ever be detailed the way we think. That doesn't even include the artificial lighting needed to get an accurate scan which "washes out" and "flatens" the surface of his skin.

Thanks for the info makes a lot of sense.

# 107 ojandpizza @ 08/21/15 02:26 PM
These threads kill me man lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 108 BluFu @ 08/21/15 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
These threads kill me man lol

...had to

# 109 J_Posse @ 08/21/15 02:53 PM
Maybe I'm not picking up on people's issues with the lower body of the player models, but they've done a more than admirable job differentiating players physically on the current gen platforms. Before they would use just one player, Corey Maggette being an example of one guy, body type to represent the entire league. They've thankfully gone away from that and everyone doesn't local like bodybuilders anymore.

Now, they have it where there is a visible difference between Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony other than skin tone and face scan. I agree that we need to continue to ask for improvements with legs and short's length. Hopefully they'll scan these things for 2K17 so they can have better point of reference.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 110 strawberryshortcake @ 08/21/15 03:54 PM
Would have loved to have seen more 2k lower body showcased.

I can also see where the elbows need a little bit more work in 2k. Needs to be sharper/pointier. It's as if the triceps connecting to the elbow portion is concave when it should be more convex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I dont know about you guys, but i definitely think Anthony Davis's arms look weird in this clip right here. Like his elbows are bent wrong or something...

Maybe they need to consider looking at Konami's body scanning technology for PES2016. I thought Konami did an incredible job with Neymar, the facial details, the overall length of the legs and body, including the shape of the elbows.

# 111 Oldhead80 @ 08/21/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Maybe I'm not picking up on people's issues with the lower body of the player models, but they've done a more than admirable job differentiating players physically on the current gen platforms. Before they would use just one player, Corey Maggette being an example of one guy, body type to represent the entire league. They've thankfully gone away from that and everyone doesn't local like bodybuilders anymore.

Now, they have it where there is a visible difference between Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony other than skin tone and face scan. I agree that we need to continue to ask for improvements with legs and short's length. Hopefully they'll scan these things for 2K17 so they can have better point of reference.

You know the crazy thing...3-4 years ago the complaint on this board was 2K player models looked "too muscular" and jacked up. So years later we get less muscular, more realistic models and "the other game" returns with the huge, overly-muscular body types 2K got criticized for...and 2K is STILL getting criticized.

# 112 24ct @ 08/21/15 04:09 PM
Because if you're gonna do something then do it right.

Not scanning the legs (if they didn't) just makes things look more disproportionate because now you can literally tell the difference in upper body models but then you see the legs as an eye sore because of it.

It makes the other stuff stand out. I stopped playing 5v5 since park mode was created but I see where they are coming from. On 1 end they fixed some models but then you're gonna run into players they didn't scan and they're gonna look out of place like the legs. It's a small detail but it's actually a big deal.

It's like dusting off the cabinet but leaving the TV dirty. Now the TV is gonna look even dirtier because you're bringing attention to its surroundings. Lol...

# 113 Junior Moe @ 08/21/15 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse

I'm with you. I can clearly see now that AD has a slim lanky frame. Harden has his thick frame. I think they look good. Everyone isn't jacked anymore with tiny arms. Perfect? No. But that's unattainable, anyway. I can tell who's who in NBA 2K by their movements, play style, jumpshots and dunks. Now their body types, while not perfect, more closely match. I don't know how some of these people enjoy any game with their standards. Seriously. Just watch it on TV. Honestly, I wouldn't even notice 90% this stuff if I didn't frequent this site.

# 114 MontanaMan @ 08/21/15 04:22 PM
It isn't deal breaking and I'm sure 2K will address it at some point, relax guys.

# 115 23 @ 08/21/15 04:52 PM

# 116 strawberryshortcake @ 08/21/15 05:26 PM
^Okay, that was funny. Did you create that one?

If so, you should take the "Hitler" video and create something similar. This one could very well be better than the Hitler video.

# 117 23 @ 08/21/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
^Okay, that was funny. Did you create that one?

If so, you should take the "Hitler" video and create something similar. This one could very well be better than the Hitler video.
Its some funny videos out there man... this one done right is way better than Hitler

# 118 MarkWilliam @ 08/22/15 08:37 AM
Are we expecting a Jordan short trailer out of curiosity?

Cover athlete and all..... probably not, but I don't suppose anyone knows?

# 119 Trackball @ 08/22/15 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I demand to know the actual context behind this video. Who are they, what country is that from, and what are they actually saying? I've never seen or heard of this before, and I'm curious.

(Oh, and if you don't understand what they're saying, it's in another language--turn the subtitles on!)

# 120 hesko @ 08/22/15 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Kentucky uniform not blurred out during that video
only his isn't.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.