Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Last night, during Game Changers Radio, Kolbe Launchbaugh, Creative Director of Madden NFL 16, advised everyone to wait until the upcoming patch (no estimated date yet, but we have seen "less than six weeks" thrown around by the development team) arrives before starting their CFM.

He talks about it at roughly the 13 minute mark.
  • They are aware of everything the community is bringing to their attention
  • They are addressing many of those items in a patch coming soon (no estimated date given)
  • You should wait until the patch is released before starting your CFM, as some of the fixes will require client side and server side fixes
No details have been given on what fixes are being implemented as of yet, but for now, it would be wise not to start your Madden NFL 16 CFM yet.

As for what could be in the patch. This is all speculation but here are some of the known CFM issues:
  • Ratings boost from drive goals making some players go over 100 overall. There is no workaround right now, drive goals are always on even if you don't keep notifications going on your screen.
  • Regression being overly harsh on offensive linemen (seems to be more pass blocking than anything else) that causes their ratings to fall quite drastically. This appears to stem more from SuperSim or simulating games as linemen give up too many sacks and then regress.
  • Rookies coming in that are not scaled to the new speed/deep accuracy ratings Madden is using on default rosters. So many new rookies can come in after season one and be better than most everyone else in the game at certain things. (This one seems like it would obviously be a reason you have to start your franchise over because rookies are put in your Year 1 CFM from the start of the season.)
Other issues we are tracking but haven't confirmed on staff ourselves:
  • QBs getting too many carries during a game (in SuperSim but not regular sims).
  • Re-signing players to really crazy bargains (that is, superstars taking major discounts).

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Sphinx @ 08/26/15 05:10 PM
Some of these bugs are frustrating but I don't care. I'm playing and enjoying the game as it is. Maybe I am just a sucker for football but overall the gameplay is really good in my opinion. I'm on the fence about restarting my cfm after the bugs are fixed.

# 202 Instant C1a55ic @ 08/26/15 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I did just because I wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked his stats in the depth chart. I've played some with Tannehill and that dude can't throw deep at all, but he is rated higher than Marriota. So when Marriota wasn't missing any throws- short or deep- I was curious as to what was going on.

As far as doing that in 5 min. quarters-
1. The Chiefs playbook is money. Lots of good play action plays and crossing routes.
2. My O-line can't block for the run so I have to throw a ton.
3. I fantasy drafted and Kevin White, DGB, Martavis Bryant, and Agholor are insanely fast and big so I rotate between them, throwing to whoever gets open.
4. Marriota's ridiculously inflated stats haha
Fair enough. I use the Broncos book and to me it seems its more of a grinding playbook then a run and gun type of book, so my drives take a little more time.

# 203 Bull_Market @ 08/26/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You have no idea what you are talking about. LOL. If you knew my history here, you would know how stupid that ****ing statement is.

Look at my post history. I have tons of posts here calling CFM the worst franchise mode in sports gaming history. I've bashed EA for not adding formation subs. I was leading the charge against EA when CFM didnt have 32 team control.

Also dont attack me personally again or you will be gone.

Yet you can't get your point across without resorting to swearing? Yeah, ok.

# 204 hawkfantn @ 08/26/15 05:23 PM
Freebies!!! Hand 'em over, EA.

# 205 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
This is why it is pointless to buy this game at release any year. These things should be expected because they happen EVERY YEAR
Did you buy the game this year?

# 206 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
Yet you can't get your point across without resorting to swearing? Yeah, ok.
LOL. I can but I choose not to. Especially when someone makes an idiotic statement.

# 207 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFranz33
So, a game releases and the developers tell you not to play a particular mode until a patch comes out, and that's ok? I'm sorry, but, that's not good...
I dont think a single person in this thread called this situation "OK". Some of us are willing to wait and see how long it takes for the patch to come out before we flip out. Some arent willing to wait and see and are complaining about it now.

# 208 Bull_Market @ 08/26/15 05:33 PM
Quote:
So, a game releases and the developers tell you not to play a particular mode until a patch comes out, and that's ok? I'm sorry, but, that's not good...

It's amazing how that dynamic works. Dudes are actually lauding EA for "being forthcoming and transparent and working hard to get this fixed", GIVE. ME. A. BREAK. Reminds me of a dysfunctional relationship I had, she would do something, yet, somehow, she was the victim and I was the villain. But thats another story for another day.

# 209 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 05:37 PM
Quote:
I can give plenty of examples if you'd like.
Please do. Please provide me an example of multiple people (or anyone) saying that this bug was "OK".

Ive seen plenty of people state that the bug doesnt affect them. Some saying that they were going to move forward without the patch. Some saying that they were willing to wait a few weeks and will just play other modes.

Thats not saying that the situation is "OK". Its adjusting to a bad situation instead of complaining.

Now, I'm not saying people cant or shouldnt complain. They bought the game and that is their right. But people also have the right to choose not complain and wait for the patch. They also have the right to understand how and why situations like this happen.

# 210 Sphinx @ 08/26/15 05:37 PM
Quote:
It's amazing how that dynamic works. Dudes are actually lauding EA for "being forthcoming and transparent and working hard to get this fixed", GIVE. ME. A. BREAK. Reminds me of a dysfunctional relationship I had, she would do something, yet, somehow, she was the victim and I was the villain. But thats another story for another day.

I think many of us are happy that the issues are being acknowledged rather then years past when we were stuck guessing if an issue was being worked on. The issues are frustrating but knowing they are being worked on is something that can pacify many of us for a couple weeks. Hopefully they can patch it soon but of course no one knows how long it will take. Being negative about it really serves no purpose. It's not as though one of our complaints is going to make a developer suddenly change their process.

# 211 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I think many of us are happy that the issues are being acknowledged rather then years past when we were stuck guessing if an issue was being worked on. The issues are frustrating but knowing they are being worked on is something that can pacify many of us for a couple weeks. Hopefully they can patch it soon but of course no one knows how long it will take. Being negative about it really serves no purpose. It's not as though one of our complaints is going to make a developer suddenly change their process.
Exactly. Look if 3 weeks from now this isnt patched. I'll be right with the rest of them complaining about EA. I'm just willing to give them a few weeks to figure this out.

# 212 Walbeb @ 08/26/15 05:40 PM
What about how annoying it is to try and re-sign depth players.

I'm in year 5 (I sim all the games and only play the playoffs) and any player rated near the 70's and lower will not sign a contract no matter what.

I offered a 72 OVR LG almost 5 mil a year when he was asking for 1 and he still said no.

I hope EA is aware of that as well.

# 213 ChaseB @ 08/26/15 05:41 PM
We have updated the original post with more info and turned this into a news story.

# 214 Bull_Market @ 08/26/15 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Please do. Please provide me an example of multiple people (or anyone) saying that this bug was "OK".

Ive seen plenty of people state that the bug doesnt affect them. Some saying that they were going to move forward without the patch. Some saying that they were willing to wait a few weeks and will just play other modes.

Thats not saying that the situation is "OK". Its adjusting to a bad situation instead of complaining.

Now, I'm not saying people cant or shouldnt complain. They bought the game and that is their right. But people also have the right to choose not complain and wait for the patch. They also have the right to understand how and why situations like this happen.

Here's the rub, why does the consumer routinely "have to adjust to the bad situation"? To me, that reads, its OK. I get your point, but still. EA (maybe other production studios as well) is either unwilling or incapable of making a solid game. Their "either/or" game producing strategy is getting old. Sure, the gameplay works great, but some of the modes are totally useless.

# 215 gabs485 @ 08/26/15 05:44 PM
If you think about it, there are only four things a good Franchise Mode needs to be fun and immersive.

1. Realistic Stats
2. Realistic Progression/Regression
3. Custom draft classes (Not necessarily shareable)
4. Ability to edit players

If those 4 things work most players will be happy.

It would work like this:

Load the game.
Start a Franchise
Auto generate draft class.
Do you want to edit this years class? Yes
Edit a few prospects here and there, some people will recreate real life prospects, some will edit equipment and ratings, some won't edit anything.
Start your season
Play pre season
Scout a few prospects
Play a few regular season
Make a few trades
Sim some games
Play a few more games
Check the stat leaders
Check award races
Play some more
Made the playoffs? No?
Review your results
Advance to off season
Repeat - include draft for 2nd season and on.

If we could do that and get realistic results, we would be extremely happy.

All of the extra stuff is just bells and whistles.

Playing Franchise is about m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 216 ajk49er @ 08/26/15 05:47 PM
thanks for putting this together

not sure if there is an active list or not on that OP, but I think the coach packages not working is something that should be on there. you can spend the points, but once you click out of the staff screen and back in, you see that your points were not actually spent(or saved if you will). so I had 15k to spend, I spent the 15, then came back to the staff screen and still have 15k and none of the packages I bought are actually purchased.

I know its probably on the long list

# 217 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 05:51 PM
Quote:
Here's the rub, why does the consumer routinely "have to adjust to the bad situation"? To me, that reads, its OK. I get your point, but still. EA (maybe other production studios as well) is either unwilling or incapable of making a solid game. Their "either/or" game producing strategy is getting old. Sure, the gameplay works great, but some of the modes are totally useless.
It may "read" that way to you but that doesnt make it the case. No one is calling this situation OK.

There is not a single game that I have played recently that I havent had to "adjust to" because of a bug. The Show has come close but there are always bugs that pop up. Now if bugs around release bothered me as much as it does many people in this thread.....I WOULD WAIT.

I would never buy a game release week. I would wait a week or two and see if anyone has found any major game killing bugs.

Now if what people are saying is true and EA always release games with game killing bugs and everybody knows that....When does some of the responsibility rest with you?

To use your dysfunctional relationship analogy, why do you keep going back when you know the game is going to frustrate and disappoint you because of bugs?

# 218 roadman @ 08/26/15 05:51 PM
Quote:
Out of the box, absolutely, I agree, however, and I've said this many times before, there isn't a sports game that I've bought that I don't mess around with sliders until I get the game playing the way I want.

And, sometimes, this takes a lot of time, depending on the game itself and what issues come out of the box.

So, I don't see anything different here. I'll be slider testing till opening day and hopefully that is when the patch comes out.

# 219 gabs485 @ 08/26/15 05:58 PM
Quote:

The reality is that most people complaint on these Forums. This is a very small corner of the internet, with basically no exposure.

People need to be more active on social media. Meaning complaining on Madden Social Media pages, complaining on other people's YouTube video, etc. go write an Amazon review.

When you do that, management will start noticing. Complaining here won't accomplish that because most madden players don't even visit these forums.

It's all about PR.

This is a great community and it's good to support OS and keep the community alive but if you want change you gotta make your voices be heard loud and clear. This part of product right now is not acceptable.

Let me be clear, I don't support a protest or anything but If everything that's being said here would be said over at Madden's Facebook or Youtube more people will eventually acknowledge these issues and the product might be better in the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 220 CleveCluby @ 08/26/15 05:58 PM
I don't mind waiting for the patch. I'll just play a franchise now to learn the touches, adjust the settings and sliders. Besides, Don't really want to start until the actual rosters are ready and released. Then start my real chise. I would really hope that they would also adjust the FG issue, There is never any hope of a cpu team missing.. And I would pray they would simply unlock the control in franchise so that we could just watch it play Cpu, Vs CPU.. I just don't understand why it can't be done. You can do it in exhibition games. So why not franchise. Don't make any sense at all. But i know it will never happen. BUT if there any CPU grues out there. I would pay 100.00 dollars if you could make that work. hint, hint...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.