Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just released another NBA 2K16 video. This one features Mike Wang, Scott O’Gallagher and Jerson Sapida going over the new gameplay enhancements in the game this year.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LorenzoDC @ 09/02/15 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Agreed. Nice to see new footage and information, but it kind of felt like a lot of the generic lines I feel like I hear each year -- "New post game finally gives you control", "Foot planting", "Smart A.I. that adjusts".

That's not to say there won't be great and cool strides to be made, for instance, the foot movement really did look neat, but much of what they said felt vaguely familiar. Hopefully another in-depth blog is forthcoming. This video was certainly better than nothing, though.(EDIT: Heyyy, ask and ye shall receive, just saw there's an actual blog as well. Neato!)

Separately, I know the footage shown is from various builds (I think Stephen Curry had the Yu-Gi-Oh haircut at the start of the video then much more accurate hair at the end), and I know lighting is always being re-worked and whatnot, but I was still mildly entertained at O.J. Mayo looking like a 44-year-old Charles Oakley from the back.

OT: Oakley like, "I'll STILL kick your tail."

# 42 javicd21 @ 09/02/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLGWAR
So the first glimpse we get from the Heat is Wade being blocked by Varejao. We all know what happened when Varejao tried to block Wade.
If you look closer when the talk about post ups they show LeBron running over Winslow... Smh

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

# 43 Sundown @ 09/02/15 12:19 PM
You had me at Curry's new release.

Then PLAYOFF GAME-TO-GAME ADJUSTMENTS?! My jaw was already on the ground.

THEN FOOT PLANTING?!! No way. Just no...

THEN PHYSICS?!?!

Then when I almost calmed down, Curry's 4-point play celebration?!?!?

# 44 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/15 12:22 PM
Man, whatever 2k does that manages players facial expressions is amazing...

# 45 eko718 @ 09/02/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLGWAR
Wade and Deng are confirmed? Haven't seen anything regarding that. I'm really hoping at least Wade and Bosh were scanned.
Wade was not scanned. Bosh, Deng, Whiteside and Chalmers scans look good in the video. Winslow as with other rookies, has not had his scan implemented yet.

That Wade non-scan is a bit bothersome.

# 46 Pokes404 @ 09/02/15 12:24 PM
It all sounds great, but the toughest thing about gameplay improvements is that we really won't know how well all these things work until we get the controller in our hands. Everything they talk about always seems vague and generic when it's just shown/told to us. It's hard to judge a lot of this stuff until you get to actually feel/experience the game for yourself.

Hopefully everything works as well as they claim.

# 47 cthurt @ 09/02/15 12:27 PM
So I am guessing Rookie scans will just be a pleasant surprise when we buy the game. But its cool that everything they have shown so far is a possible older build then the game we will get and it still looks very impressive.

# 48 jayman504 @ 09/02/15 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
Why did they have to wait until Aldridge got traded to update his model?

Oh well, that trailer was amazing.
DUDE ever since LA when to the Spurs ...I CANNOT BEAT THAT TEAM. TD & LA beat the crap outta me everytime! And when I try and contain them...oh yeah Kawhi Leonard rips me a new one..

LOL 2015/16 Spurs OP

# 49 juicey79 @ 09/02/15 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Nice vid. The Living World thing is intriguing, but seems like something that is more readily experienced than explained.
EA had living worlds with their launch next gen titles and it didn't live up to it in my opinion. Hopefully the entire experience will appeal to the emotion of users and the sound replicates real life

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/15 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
So I am guessing Rookie scans will just be a pleasant surprise when we buy the game. But its cool that everything they have shown so far is a possible older build then the game we will get and it still looks very impressive.

Wondering if this video was pre lighting adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 51 Sundown @ 09/02/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man, whatever 2k does that manages players facial expressions is amazing...
My only complaint is when Steph does his 4-point count, he kind mouths what looks like "Wow." with random timing, rather than couting out his "one, two, three, four" out loud.

# 52 juicey79 @ 09/02/15 12:38 PM
Hopefully the info for the B-Ball games will be plentiful

# 53 Junior Moe @ 09/02/15 12:39 PM
Physics, post redone, adaptive AI and an evolving "storyline" element. Great, great news. That storyline bit is big for me.

# 54 swac07 @ 09/02/15 12:39 PM
Rookie scans will probably a Day one roster update....
On topic everything sounds promising I cant wait to play

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 55 WaddupCouzin @ 09/02/15 12:40 PM
This board never ceases to amaze me, 2K releases an in depth blog discussing changes to the game, footplanting, adjusting AI, physics, ect and there's 25 posts about Wade's face not being scanned! Holy-Ish Smh.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 56 swac07 @ 09/02/15 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
This board never ceases to amaze me, 2K releases an in depth blog discussing changes to the game, footplanting, adjusting AI, physics, ect and there's 25 posts about Wade's face not being scanned! Holy-Ish Smh.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
lol -in my ikc voice- yuppppppppppppppppp

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 57 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
My only complaint is when Steph does his 4-point count, he kind mouths what looks like "Wow." with random timing, rather than couting out his "one, two, three, four" out loud.

Saw that..

Even the "wow" looked great though, haha

Has he ever done it like that? I only remember that one game where he did it...

# 58 Sundown @ 09/02/15 12:46 PM
Quote:
Wondering if this video was pre lighting adjustments

I think it's mostly post. The sweat and shine looks more pronounced and not like the subdued gummy look of 2K15.

At least it's good enough that when they showed Curry's release with the wrist bounce, I freaked out. Then I mildly panicked thinking that I was just watching recorded footage and this was all a dream I'd wake up from-- because the lighting combined with the animation was so convincing from that angle.

Weirdly, I've never been more relieved to see rendering and lighting flaws in my life.

# 59 HypoLuxa13 @ 09/02/15 12:49 PM
All the advancements sound great! "Most realistic sports gaming experience ever made" But I'll believe it when I play it.

Rewriting post game from ground up, introducing dynamic player movement based on situation, physics based player contact and foot planting... A lot of points where bugs and glitches and just poor execution could be introduced.

But it sure does sound great.

# 60 Sundown @ 09/02/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Saw that..

Even the "wow" looked great though, haha

Has he ever done it like that? I only remember that one game where he did it...

Curry doesn't get many 4-point play calls, so that one time stands out in my mind. As far as I'm concerned the mouthed count is signature.

Otherwise he's more liable to just suck on his mouth guard if he's not.

I just checked and that's what he does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.