Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just announced, on the GameStop Twitch livestream, they have added the '04-'05 Phoenix Suns and '05-'06 Miami Heat to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.

There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 10 of them have now been confirmed.

Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
  • '04-'05 Phoenix Suns
  • '05-'06 Miami Heat
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers
The last two teams will be revealed next Thursday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 QB1N @ 09/03/15 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
That is so wrong.

Firstly, the 06 Heat wouldnt have beaten the 06 Mavericks if the games were called fairly.

Secondly, a team as stagnant couldnt succeed in today's league.
Spoken like a true Mavericks fan lol...

I do agree that Wade got alot of calls but thats probably because Im not that big a Wade fan anyway lmao...

But if you dont think Shaq would destroy Golden State then you're being ridiculous...

Noone on Golden State can guard Shaquille O'Neal... And "The Glove" on Curry would be very intriguing...

And thats assuming Alonzo Mourning wasnt in the game as part of a power lineup..

# 122 SaruAqua @ 09/03/15 06:58 AM
Quote:
That is so wrong.

Firstly, the 06 Heat wouldnt have beaten the 06 Mavericks if the games were called fairly.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=19

Also, are you seriously going to just ignore how the superstars played in the last 4 games of that series?

Wade - 39.2 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 3.5 apg on 51.3%FG
Dirk - 23.7 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.7 apg on 36.7%FG

Secondly, you probably didn't know this but your own beloved Mark Cuban was a big contributor to the handcheck rule changes that happened right before the 2004-05 season http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...47&postcount=2

Lastly, by your own logic, the Mavs shouldn't have even gotten to the Finals since Dirk had homecooking and took a ****load of FT's vs the Spurs including that game 3 where he scored 27 points on just 3 made FG's just to win by one point. Lol, what a joke.

# 123 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/03/15 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua

Lastly, by your own logic, the Mavs shouldn't have even gotten to the Finals since Dirk had homecooking and took a ****load of FT's vs the Spurs including that game 3 where he scored 27 points on just 3 made FG's just to win by one point. Lol, what a joke.

Well if Manu didn't foul a driving Dirk while down 3 with seconds left they wouldn't have made it.

2k has to add a spurs team. I want the 05 spurs team but that requires different models(i.e Manu with hair) and they won't do that sadly. 07 spurs is most likely but that sucks because they are the least appealing spurs championship team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 124 Real2KInsider @ 09/03/15 07:55 AM
Quote:
Not exactly an accurate sentiment.

Gm1: Spurs +2
Gm2: Mavs +22
Gm3: Mavs +1
Gm4: Mavs +5
Gm5: Spurs +1
Gm6: Spurs +5
Gm7: Mavs +8

Mavs were +28 in the series.

Dirk abused old Horry (4 fouls in 11 mins in game 3) and the Spurs started Bruce Bowen at PF the rest of the series.

# 125 noodlebombz @ 09/03/15 08:10 AM
Really wanna take the Pistons and crush all the classic Laker teams

# 126 midwestking100 @ 09/03/15 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I fell like they should just add the 92 Suns and call it a day. If people want the 93 Suns just create Barkley. Or they could go the old NBA Live route and have the classic Pacers and Suns with Roster Player at those positions and just make them white or something lol.
I say they should add the 1990 suns. At least that team went to the wcf but just lost to the portland trail blazers.

# 127 eko718 @ 09/03/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
That is so wrong.

This a common excuse from the losing side.

And today's league is obviously irrelevant, as the NBA 10 years ago and the NBA today are different. One could say there's no way in hell the Golden State Warriors this year would have won a championship in the NBA of yesteryear. It's all conjecture.

# 128 VDusen04 @ 09/03/15 09:12 AM
Quote:
That is so wrong.

Respectfully, I still think the right stagnant team could win a championship in today's league. I mean, that Cavaliers squad that made an appearance in the NBA Finals this past year may have been one of the most stagnant of all-time in their final form (it was essentially LeBron James playing basketball by himself). He took the 67-win Warriors to six games.

Basketball always seems to have its trends, but there's also always a fair share of outliers who buck those trends and prove there's multiple, if not endless, paths to success. It's interesting to observe as time goes by. In 2006, it was widely believed a team like the Suns could never win a championship with such pace. Now the pendulum seems to have swung quite far in the other direction.

# 129 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/03/15 09:34 AM
I really don't know who to expect I mean they got all the legend teams I want lol. I'm thinking they are holding something special for the last 2.

# 130 H3LLGWAR @ 09/03/15 09:35 AM
Those who think that 06 finals was won by the Heat because Wade got all the calls. A simple YouTube search there is a coach that goes through some of the games and key plays on that final and while there are a some calls Wade did get superstar treatment (like every superstar in the league), he also got a lot of bad calls and he even explains how the Mavs failed to make the big plays that would have won them the championship.

# 131 TheVinylHippo @ 09/03/15 10:30 AM
I'm thinking the 2002-2003/2004-2005 Spurs and the 2003-2004 Timberwolves. I don't think we're going to get anything special unless it's tied to the commentary team, i.e. the addition of Reggie or C-Webb.

# 132 Jordanmike6 @ 09/03/15 10:51 AM
Franchement ça fait plaisir de voir les heat 06 bordel !!!

Merci 2k!!

Ouh!!!! YES!!!!!!!

# 133 SaruAqua @ 09/03/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Not exactly an accurate sentiment.

Gm1: Spurs +2
Gm2: Mavs +22
Gm3: Mavs +1
Gm4: Mavs +5
Gm5: Spurs +1
Gm6: Spurs +5
Gm7: Mavs +8

Mavs were +28 in the series.

Dirk abused old Horry (4 fouls in 11 mins in game 3) and the Spurs started Bruce Bowen at PF the rest of the series.
Fair point. However, do you think the Finals in 2006 was rigged? I don't and I already provided why.

# 134 VDusen04 @ 09/03/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
I'm thinking the 2002-2003/2004-2005 Spurs and the 2003-2004 Timberwolves. I don't think we're going to get anything special unless it's tied to the commentary team, i.e. the addition of Reggie or C-Webb.
I'd like to see the Wolves, but I have a hard time seeing them being one of the two final reveals. I think the Spurs are an accurate presumption though. I'm still thinking it's going to be another Lakers team, though I'm personally pulling for the 2007 Warriors (more historically exciting and prominent than the '04 Wolves) or the 2002 or 2003 Nets (NBA Finalists).

# 135 Mauer4MVP @ 09/03/15 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'd like to see the Wolves, but I have a hard time seeing them being one of the two final reveals. I think the Spurs are an accurate presumption though. I'm still thinking it's going to be another Lakers team, though I'm personally pulling for the 2007 Warriors (more historically exciting and prominent than the '04 Wolves) or the 2002 or 2003 Nets (NBA Finalists).
Woah woah woah woah. Historically prominent? Maybe. Exciting?

I do think you're right that a Spurs team is likely. My hope would be Wolves and Spurs or Pacers. I just don't think the 07 Warriors team would be that much fun to play with.

And the Lakers. No. Please no. No one cares about Pau or Bynum. And I'd rather have young prime Kobe than older prime Kobe.

# 136 SaruAqua @ 09/03/15 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Well if Manu didn't foul a driving Dirk while down 3 with seconds left they wouldn't have made it.

2k has to add a spurs team. I want the 05 spurs team but that requires different models(i.e Manu with hair) and they won't do that sadly. 07 spurs is most likely but that sucks because they are the least appealing spurs championship team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I'm looking forward to the '05 or '07 Spurs team but PLEASE 2K, no '03 Spurs. That team was a one man wrecking crew with good to great defensive players on a top 5 defensive team anchored by Prime Timmy who WAS the system and carried that team to a title with inconsistent help from a young Parker/Ginobili.

# 137 ZB9 @ 09/03/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
fyi fwiw the Spurs shot more free throws than Dallas did in that series, and Tim Duncan shot more free throws than Dirk did in that series...

As far as the '06 Finals, DWade set the all time record for free throw attempts in a finals series and that is a record that is probably not going to be broken any time soon.

# 138 VDusen04 @ 09/03/15 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Woah woah woah woah. Historically prominent? Maybe. Exciting?

I do think you're right that a Spurs team is likely. My hope would be Wolves and Spurs or Pacers. I just don't think the 07 Warriors team would be that much fun to play with.

And the Lakers. No. Please no. No one cares about Pau or Bynum. And I'd rather have young prime Kobe than older prime Kobe.
Haha, I forgot there was a Minnesota lifer roaming about these classic threads. My apologies for being a little vague. I was trying to speak from a broad point of view. If I were 2K, I might save some two teams that were/are perceived as legendary, popular, and/or quite notable for their unique style of play or character as my last selections. I don't know if folks would find that '04 Wolves team as fitting that mold.

We touched on Sam Cassell earlier. He was great that year, but in a pretty unexciting fashion to anyone who wasn't a Timberwolves fan. Latrell Sprewell wasn't dunking on people quite like he was in Golden State and New York. That kind of left Kevin Garnett as the lone source of legit exciting appeal.

Had the Wolves been NBA Finalists, that probably would have helped their lore (I sometimes imagine how easily those Pistons teams would be written off by people if they never got past the conference finals). But as it stands, I think the 2007 Warriors and 2003 Nets might check off more boxes when it comes to historic team reception. Moreover, I respect your opinion, but I think that '07 Warriors team could be a blast to play with - high tempo, many gunners, Baron Davis' swagger and still exciting hops, golded out Oakland atmosphere, etc.

I'm with you on the Lakers though. I have little to no interest in seeing, say, the 2009 team being one of the final two. However, knowing the 2008 Celtics, 2008 Rockets, and 2013 Heat all made the list of new clubs, their inclusion would seem to make sense. It'd be a letdown of a final choice, but it seems realistic.

Edit: On second thought, Kevin Garnett's career winding down could work in the favor of the possibility of a Wolves addition. Offering up a team with prime KG could be a nice homage.

# 139 CookNBA03 @ 09/03/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
fyi fwiw the Spurs shot more free throws than Dallas did in that series, and Tim Duncan shot more free throws than Dirk did in that series...

As far as the '06 Finals, DWade set the all time record for free throw attempts in a finals series and that is a record that is probably not going to be broken any time soon.
Why would it when nobody else in the league attacks the basket like he did?

# 140 VinnyVegas28 @ 09/03/15 12:31 PM
I feel that it may be the 2000 pacers since it will be 2 teams in last 15 years. Hard to imagine Reggie Miller not being in this game with Spike Lee directing. If Reggie isn't in for classic team, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the new announcer

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.