Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 roster update is available now, so fire up those consoles and download them. If EA releases a blog with the details and spreadsheet of all the changes, we will update this post.

Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mixxx01 @ 09/12/15 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
I noticed that guys on the PUP list or IR to return aren't injured on the roster? Is this normal? Cause it kills the immersion of my CFM to see Jordy Nelson on the IR but Geno Smith is starting at QB, Jeremy Lane is starting at CB, Kevin White is starting at WR (isn't he on the IR?), etc.

No Kevin white is on PUP. These guys will return at some point this season. They are not in IR. If it bothers u don't allow Geno to play in your cfm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 102 mixxx01 @ 09/12/15 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Seriously? Wtf. I didn't notice that. How could they leave him off? He's the 3rd rb with ajayi injured and the primary kick/punt returner. Ugh. I take back my earlier compliment if that's true.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

He's in the game under Lamike James. On Dolphins depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 103 d23x @ 09/12/15 02:51 AM
To get the most accurate 53 man roster are you guys cutting players that are on IR irl? Just seems weird to have to cut Orlando Scandrick.

# 104 dallas72 @ 09/12/15 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
To get the most accurate 53 man roster are you guys cutting players that are on IR irl? Just seems weird to have to cut Orlando Scandrick.
No IR players can't be traded, or cut I believe..they don't count against your 53 as long as you put them on IR

# 105 HozAndMoose @ 09/12/15 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
You cant cut IR players and you shouldnt need to. A player on IR doesnt count against the roster limit. But there is an issue with that in pre season apparently. Once you get to the regular season it is fine. So if you can cut enough guys to get to the 53 man limit in pre season you can resign some guys from FA afterwards without having to cut anyone.

# 106 BCJMU99 @ 09/12/15 08:41 AM
How are you are stopping the computer from auto reordering the rosters. I took control of Bills, Skins, Texans, etc to get their QB updated and then I'd "retire" and the rosters would go right back. ANGERS ME! Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon going to the top of the depth chart (Blackmon has 10 rec, 171 yds week 1 &#128545.

Are you all just taking over all teams and putting them on auto pilot? Will they still make moves, trades, etc.?

# 107 BCJMU99 @ 09/12/15 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I think those overall totals are based on how players fit in the coaches scheme. So if Cam is a 93 then Rivera's coaching scheme for QB is probably "mobile." I would assume the Colts personnel doesn't fit Pagano's scheme's in game. It doesn't mean the players are bad
Wish you could just turn this off and use the same ratings as the rosters in Play Now. It can be a mess...

# 108 BCJMU99 @ 09/12/15 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
This is why I run all teams. Might take time, but makes is fun for a few years
Can you explain how you go about it? I've never done it. Thanks!

# 109 Shadymamba @ 09/12/15 09:08 AM
update looks good - i haven't gotten around to scour for missing players - but starters are on point

# 110 RunRunPass @ 09/12/15 10:15 AM
Well, we created our CCM today after the new roster was issued.

There seem to be a lot of players injured with ACL tears and out for the whole season. Nearly every team is affected.

Has anyone else had this problem because some teams have 6-7 players out for the season?

# 111 fballturkey @ 09/12/15 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
Wish you could just turn this off and use the same ratings as the rosters in Play Now. It can be a mess...
They do have the same ratings, it's just that OVR is calculated differently.

For example, for a RB in a power running offense strength might be 15% of the OVR, but in a speed run offense it might only be 10%. He has the same ratings and plays the same either way, he just has a different OVR.

What the game doesn't get is that coaches tailor game plan to personnel, not only the other way around. If a team had a shot at Andrew Luck and they've run a mobile QB offense in the past they're going to change their offense, not choose Geno Smith instead.

# 112 BCJMU99 @ 09/12/15 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
They do have the same ratings, it's just that OVR is calculated differently.

For example, for a RB in a power running offense strength might be 15% of the OVR, but in a speed run offense it might only be 10%. He has the same ratings and plays the same either way, he just has a different OVR.

What the game doesn't get is that coaches tailor game plan to personnel, not only the other way around. If a team had a shot at Andrew Luck and they've run a mobile QB offense in the past they're going to change their offense, not choose Geno Smith instead.
I understand. I'm just an old school Madden player and don't like that aspect of the franchise mode.

# 113 camo @ 09/12/15 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRunPass
Well, we created our CCM today after the new roster was issued.

There seem to be a lot of players injured with ACL tears and out for the whole season. Nearly every team is affected.

Has anyone else had this problem because some teams have 6-7 players out for the season?
If using pre existing injuries, all player on i.r. in real life will be listed as acl and out for 35+ weeks.

Also note that the i.r. does work in pre season finally. You will have to cut down to 53 non i.r. players and have the required minimums. But unlike pre patch and last year the cpu will recognize the i.r. separate and not cut and sign. Players at the end of week 4 in the pre season.

I have not fully tested this issue but in my online cfm it worked. Currently testing in my offline 32 team with positive results.

One note, when starting with pre existing injuries and players on i.r. you must make sure your active players meet the required amounts for cut down day. The main menu (main tasks ) will say cut x players. If you have the correct amount of active (non i.r.) players You don't need to cut. Am going to verify possible menu to roster cut screen mixed messages.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

# 114 CavsOnTheWarpath @ 09/12/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz and skins 202
No rashad Ross for the Redskins that's messed up
I don't understand why he's not there. Most of the players that are missing are free agents or on the PS, but he's on the active 53 man roseter.

# 115 Last Gunfighter @ 09/12/15 02:03 PM
If you use these rosters to start a new CFM and they are the 53 man rosters why is the CPU cutting anyone during preseason?

# 116 noplace @ 09/12/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsOnTheWarpath
I don't understand why he's not there. Most of the players that are missing are free agents or on the PS, but he's on the active 53 man roseter.
Exactly.. I don't see how they missed that. He probably wont be active but still..

# 117 PioneerRaptor @ 09/12/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
If you use these rosters to start a new CFM and they are the 53 man rosters why is the CPU cutting anyone during preseason?
While the rosters are technically "53 man rosters" they actually have more than 53 players. Some of the practice squad players are on the rosters. As the HUMAN player I actually had to cut 10 people off of my own rosters during the preseason as well.

# 118 Last Gunfighter @ 09/12/15 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
While the rosters are technically "53 man rosters" they actually have more than 53 players. Some of the practice squad players are on the rosters. As the HUMAN player I actually had to cut 10 people off of my own rosters during the preseason as well.
Thanks, so there is no practice squad in the game right?

# 119 Hobbes217 @ 09/12/15 04:13 PM
Can anyone tell me what Vick's rating is as the Steelers back up QB?

# 120 kevlar_pso @ 09/12/15 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I was hoping that by waiting for the 53 man roster update, I would be able to use that roster to start the regular season. I was surprised to see that the game was simulating the preseason and making cuts. I guess I will be going with restarting my CFM, using the 53 man roster update, and starting with pre-season play. This should give everyone in my league a chance to get familiar with how M16 plays at any rate.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.