Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K and Ronnie 2K revealed the NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER height restrictions per position, during their Twitch Livestream. If you missed it, you can watch the archive here.

Check out the height restrictions below.
  • Point Gaurd: 5'7"- 6'7"
  • Shooting Guard: 5'10" - 6'8"
  • Small Forward: 6'3" - 6'10"
  • Power Forward: 6'5" - 7'0"
  • Center: 6'8' - 7'3"
They also mentioned a few other details, we wanted to list:
  • Dependent on your style and height (both small and tall), attributes will fluctuate.
  • 6'7 PG's will be one of the slower points guards in the game
  • 3 scoring styles (inside, outside & balanced) that determine your caps, alongside height.
  • No more 7 foot small forwards that shoot like Ray Allen and dribble like Kyrie Irving.
  • Bigs will play like bigs
Plenty of other smaller details were revealed as well, so make sure you watch the archive here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/15/15 09:45 PM
This is awesome news tho !!

# 22 Td1984 @ 09/15/15 09:48 PM
So, leaning towards 6'8 SF. Definitely balanced scoring style.

# 23 doublek @ 09/15/15 09:50 PM
I guess they want to cut...

# 24 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/15/15 09:51 PM
finally I take pride in making a big man without chasing 7 footers around the 3 point line every game

# 25 lakers24 @ 09/15/15 09:51 PM
Always have to start with my usual ever since PS2 days, 6'6" SG scorer modeled after Jordan/Kobe. Then a 7' or 7'1" C (hopefully I can play like a dominant C now) in the mold of all the 90's greats. Lastly, I'm deciding between a KG/AD type PF or a 6'9" beast of a SF.

# 26 Carboncoms @ 09/15/15 09:55 PM
This sounds awesome. With the new defense implementations I think I'm going to make a 6'11" or 7' Inside Scoring center. Concentrate mainly on playing good D and cleaning up the glass like Dwight does.

# 27 Tybudd @ 09/15/15 09:57 PM
Once again, we can't make a
Manute Bol
Yao Ming
George Muresan

with these height, limitations, the question is why.

# 28 Chemthethriller @ 09/15/15 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
Once again, we can't make a
Manute Bol
Yao Ming
George Muresan

with these height, limitations, the question is why.

Because man, you listed 4 players in the history of the NBA, they are ultra rare type players, let's not see 25 of them out of 40 players in a ProAm.

# 29 LM1213 @ 09/15/15 10:04 PM
guess we're gonna start seeing a lot of 6-7 pg's

# 30 doublek @ 09/15/15 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Because man, you listed 4 players in the history of the NBA, they are ultra rare type players, let's not see 25 of them out of 40 players in a ProAm.
I feel like they are taking the right direction. I'd say you should still be able to make a overly tall player, but maybe make it so each extra inch taller your player is, you lose extra attribute cap by doing it. So you can have a 6'11" PG but the penalty will be extremely severe.

# 31 Goffs @ 09/15/15 10:07 PM
Can I create a power forward that actually looks like a power forward? I hate how EVERYBODY has a SG body.

# 32 lilteapot @ 09/15/15 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Can I create a power forward that actually looks like a power forward? I hate how EVERYBODY has a SG body.
I hope so.

# 33 Chemthethriller @ 09/15/15 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
guess we're gonna start seeing a lot of 6-7 pg's
I doubt it honestly, if you are playing PG if a 6'2 PG burns you non stop you'll get frustrated and probably lower your height, make your PG 6'5 or something...

People like speed, they will find the best combo of height and speed which I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 6'4" where you can keep a high speed and a decent height.

# 34 joosegoose @ 09/15/15 10:15 PM
Quote:
It's really unfortunate for those of us who just want to play offline and sort of sandbox with the game though. I have zero interest in playing online or in competitive ProAms, but I have restrictions on what I can and can't do because of it anyways.

# 35 Chemthethriller @ 09/15/15 10:19 PM
Well 2k never said Create a player wouldnt be able to do this... So if you just solely want to sandbox there could be that option. Now if your goal is a 7'9 PG in MyCareer, sorry I guess... They are catering to a large majority of people that watched a game get ruined by 1 position with 1 height.

# 36 XxSpiritHunterX @ 09/15/15 10:23 PM
Thank you very much. I just now hope the demigod epidemic doesn't attack again this year.

No more 7ft SFs or close to it !!

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 37 Panicshade @ 09/15/15 10:31 PM
will probably make a 6'4" SG or SF...around 210-220 lbs (or whatever the weight restrictions give)...balanced

I don't want to make some 7 foot basketball god considering my lack of skills in these games...would be on PC if I pick this up

# 38 Ray Vibes @ 09/15/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
finally I take pride in making a big man without chasing 7 footers around the 3 point line every game
Preach brotha Preach!

# 39 Tybudd @ 09/15/15 10:35 PM
Quote:
I get your point, but lets think of the greatest PG in the history of the Game to date,

Alot of peeps wanna be like Magic Johnson, well can't with these limitations...

# 40 JUSTlFIED @ 09/15/15 10:36 PM
Yes So Happy. Almost exactly what I propose 5 months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
- First teammate grade should be the badge, not rank. (its some garbage Legends out here)

- There should be a negative hit for holding the ball to long (time can be adjusted based on position)

- Shooting % should effect teammate grade also to cut down on the jacking

- Holding the charge for longer than 4 seconds should invoke a bad spacing hit (alternatively if someone is trying to post you in the paint, the charge button should function as the post up button also)

- Allow you to join teams with friends of different parks outside of the Stage (Once Park Championship is over, if it comes back)

- Get Rid of that Legend 3 VIP got next spot hijack

- Skills should be put into 3 Great, Good, and Average rating system (One selection per). Im talking your online character So even if the demigod glitch returns it would be hard capped off from making a difference (offline should have no limits)

Outside Offense (midrange-3point range) (with ball), Inside Offense (from the post up to the elbow)(offense with ball), Defense (and offense without ball) should be the 3 Main categories. Stat rate depends on height, weight, position. Certain badges should be hard locked to certain postions (Centers, P. Fowards shouldnt be able to have Dead Eye, Killer Crossover. PGs SGs shouldnt be able to get Tenacious Rebound, and Posterizer)

At the creation point you have to choose to be great in one thing, good in one, and average in the last.

The great category attributes can be raised to 90-95 (again depend on H,W,P)

The good category attributes can be raised to 84-89 (again depend on H,W,P)

The Average category attributes can be raised to 73-79 (again depend on H,W,P)

This way you cant have a All Around Beast (In the My Park, JRC modes), and it forces team roles, cooperation.

Lets say you choose Great for defense (offense with out ball) but Average for outside offense, and your team has the ball:

You will have a player that can move around the court fast, get in position faster, have the hands to catch flashy passes (deep passes), set great picks,etc, however with the ball in their hands, they are not ideal to bring the ball up the court, they are slower when dribbling because their ball handling is low (kills the zig zag crap), and the 3 point shot is sub-par, etc.

- And Lastly FIX PS4 MYPARK VOICE CHAT. Like Jordan, Kobe, KG, etc. I want to get into the head of my opponents. In 2K14 is was too easy and a lot of fun to get a someone playing hero ball to shoot their team out of the game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.