Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K and Ronnie 2K revealed the NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER height restrictions per position, during their Twitch Livestream. If you missed it, you can watch the archive here.

Check out the height restrictions below.
  • Point Gaurd: 5'7"- 6'7"
  • Shooting Guard: 5'10" - 6'8"
  • Small Forward: 6'3" - 6'10"
  • Power Forward: 6'5" - 7'0"
  • Center: 6'8' - 7'3"
They also mentioned a few other details, we wanted to list:
  • Dependent on your style and height (both small and tall), attributes will fluctuate.
  • 6'7 PG's will be one of the slower points guards in the game
  • 3 scoring styles (inside, outside & balanced) that determine your caps, alongside height.
  • No more 7 foot small forwards that shoot like Ray Allen and dribble like Kyrie Irving.
  • Bigs will play like bigs
Plenty of other smaller details were revealed as well, so make sure you watch the archive here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Trackball @ 09/15/15 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
I get your point, but lets think of the greatest PG in the history of the Game to date,

Alot of peeps wanna be like Magic Johnson, well can't with these limitations...
What about those of us who want to be John Stockton?

All-time leader in assists AND steals.

Again, Magic was an average defender. Hall-of-Famer, but not for defense.

# 42 redsox4evur @ 09/15/15 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
What about those of us who want to be John Stockton?

All-time leader in assists AND steals.

Again, Magic was an average defender. Hall-of-Famer, but not for defense.
Y'all still can be John Stockton we can't be Magic...So I don't get what your point is there.

# 43 JUSTlFIED @ 09/15/15 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Y'all still can be John Stockton we can't be Magic...So I don't get what your point is there.
Because the whole point is to try and limit characters to the prototypical player at their specific position, and not have exceptional players with little to no weakness.

Yea it sucks there are limits (not really), but at the end of the day its still a video game, it HAS to have balance, just like every other competitive game out here

# 44 YoungOg1 @ 09/15/15 10:44 PM
So let's see if anyone remembers this. If we make any size PG 6'0 & up (me actually height 6'3) will we be forced to be a combo guard PG/SG or can we actually be just one position this year True PG ?? This is very much needed cause I dreaded being a combo guard, in real life I'm not just a true point. Doubt anyone would have info on this, but that's a good question if some of you haven't thought of that one yet.

# 45 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/15/15 10:45 PM
There were limits last year but players were so well rounded it didn't matter

For example you couldn't be as fast as John Wall at any position ratings wise because of the cap . These a necessary there's a reason why those players are exceptions to the rules

# 46 Chemthethriller @ 09/15/15 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
I get your point, but lets think of the greatest PG in the history of the Game to date,

Alot of peeps wanna be like Magic Johnson, well can't with these limitations...
I'd be ok with Magic if you could choose him as a legend to emulate, and your 3pt shot is locked at a max of 35/100 and your defense is locked at 40/100.

The problem is people want to be like Magic johnson, but with the addition of a good 3pt shot, and stellar defense... You can't have it all lol.

# 47 YungGun @ 09/15/15 10:51 PM
Gonna do something different this year and make a PG for once. Gonna be 6'3" and a boss, aka WESTBROOK-lite. Fwm!

# 48 DEEBOFIOUS @ 09/15/15 10:59 PM
Not cool at all. Magic Johnson was a 6'9 point guard. Penny Hardaway was a 6'7 point guard with great athleticism and speed. What's sad about this is the fact that these 2 players are in the game but 2k chose to limit the user. If users want to be 7ft point guards so be it. Just limit a 7ft point guard's athleticism and ball handling ability. After a few loose balls after cross over attempts, users will gladly change their height.

# 49 Chemthethriller @ 09/15/15 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEBOFIOUS
Not cool at all. Magic Johnson was a 6'9 point guard. Penny Hardaway was a 6'7 point guard with great athleticism and speed. What's sad about this is the fact that these 2 players are in the game but 2k chose to limit the user. If users want to be 7ft point guards so be it. Just limit a 7ft point guard's athleticism and ball handling ability. After a few loose balls after cross over attempts, users will gladly change their height.
Well I want to be a 9'5" Center then, I mean why not? It's what I want right?

Because it makes the game move from sim to arcade NBA Jam type of game play.

Again, the problem with Magic and Penny is they weren't all around players, they had their weaknesses, and if you could make a 7' PG that shot a 3pt shot with a 20/100 and couldn't guard on defense at all, and couldn't dribble without getting it stole... well why the hell would you want to be a 7' PG? If you want to be tall be a different position, if you want to be great at those things, be a position that fits it.

edit: wait so you give the magic johnson example then say limit ball handling, yet magic was a pretty good ball handler, so you still couldn't have your Magic clone with this example...

smh these people using 1 guy that retired 25 years as the sole reason we should have 30% of the rec/park/proam PGs all one height is crazy.

# 50 Snrubby @ 09/15/15 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEBOFIOUS
That's not sim. This isn't an mmo lol

# 51 Chemthethriller @ 09/15/15 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrubby
That's not sim. This isn't an mmo lol
Even MMOs have their roles and limitations that makes the game better because as a Warrior you feel needed, as a PF in 2k15 you are a waste of space.

# 52 nba2012 @ 09/15/15 11:12 PM
Last year SF's, PF's, and Centers were alot cheaper to upgrade than PG's and SG's... Will that still be the case? I found that to be a bit unfair..

# 53 804Scoe @ 09/15/15 11:13 PM
I think I'm gonna go ahead and do my traditional/ clichéd 6'6 210 SG modeled after Vince Carter.

After that I will probably go with a 6'8 225 SF modeled after Scottie Pippen and Grant Hill.

# 54 WaddupCouzin @ 09/15/15 11:15 PM
I was a 6-5 point guard last year, so that's not going change much!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 55 Trackball @ 09/15/15 11:18 PM
Finally, I can be a 6'11" center and NOT be punished for it!

Now if only I can raise my free-throw shooting without also raising 3-pointer skill...

# 56 allBthere @ 09/15/15 11:28 PM
I had fun last year making a relatively short PF (6'8") but big and strong like barkley and I maxed out my shot blocking ability and basically made and angry strong big man that rebounded, swatted shots and dunked with authority with my fav player growing up being Shawn Kemp you can see why.

I focused on all of that first starting with either an athletic base or defensive I can't remember, and added other attributes to round it out a little like an average mid range game, and speed and some handles, but nothing crazy.

I found it worked alright, but could have been a lot better, so I wonder if these changes will reflect that. I really hope I can swat shots/layups this year instead of the norm being very anticlimactic bumps before anything is even jumping the ball is loose and that's a 'block' ... it was insanely hard to get a satisfying swat - love sending it sailing into the crowd a la Kemp!

It would also be cool to do MyCareer with your fav legend. I've wanted that for a while... Like a be a jordan mode but for absolutely anyone in the NBA past or present - choose your team and start the season - simple. With something like player lock, you're not subbing out and it's just not the same.

# 57 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/15/15 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
I'd be ok with Magic if you could choose him as a legend to emulate, and your 3pt shot is locked at a max of 35/100 and your defense is locked at 40/100.

The problem is people want to be like Magic johnson, but with the addition of a good 3pt shot, and stellar defense... You can't have it all lol.
yup, looking for an excuse to cheese.

# 58 nba2012 @ 09/15/15 11:43 PM
Im curious to see how these caps will work. Will a 6'8 SF be faster than a 6'7 PG?

# 59 Tunechid @ 09/15/15 11:45 PM
Now I can finally make a dominate center with great post moves since they redone the post, now I can't be guarded by 6'2 point guards in the post

# 60 Wolf Ticket @ 09/15/15 11:46 PM
In a perfect world I'll create my point forward but in order for me to do that I need 2k to bring back the play initiator option on the MYPlayer creation.

Option #2 is SG/SF but that depends on how effective my team mates are this year I just hope it's one or the other so I don't have to create a PG...again, ugh.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.