Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

In celebration of the upcoming release of NBA 2K16, 2K has released their annual Momentous Trailer featuring some of the NBA's best and brightest in the league, including this year's trio of cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis. The footage features a close look at some of the pulse-pounding action and emotions in this year’s title.

Watch it and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Perry_West @ 09/24/15 02:21 PM
no one noticed LeVines arm
go through the backboard..?
(still preordered digitally)

# 82 Cripterion @ 09/24/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Dude, if you have the game, why are you here again??? *crickets* Trust and Believe, if I had the game, *right now*, I would not be on this forum!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I meant I already have preordered my game (Steam) but it's definitely not this trailer that made me want it lol.

I like the increased player emotions and photobomb but someone in this thread linked 2K14 and 2K15 trailers and honestly with this new trailer, they all could pass as the very same game.

Nothing will ever beat this imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfjrh12L38 (until next gen 2K maybe)

# 83 TalenT @ 09/24/15 02:31 PM
That Anthony Davis poster though!!! #Dope

# 84 YeOldTonk @ 09/24/15 02:34 PM
My pants just got tight.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

# 85 lakers24 @ 09/24/15 02:50 PM
Man, the contact animations on dunks. That player emotion.....bruh

# 86 tha_show256 @ 09/24/15 02:54 PM
All I can say after watching this trailer...is it midnight yet?? 👀

# 87 RyanJS08 @ 09/24/15 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjordan23
Didn't like seeing zach lavine hands go thru the rim or am I the only one who saw that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_West
no one noticed LeVines arm
go through the backboard..?
(still preordered digitally)
His arm definitely went through the backboard, someone also mentioned that Kyrie's arms went through his legs while doing the reverse.

# 88 magicman32 @ 09/24/15 03:04 PM
There's going to be clipping. It's a video game

I enjoyed the trailer. The music fit really well.

# 89 Sundown @ 09/24/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina

Awww yeah. Curry Thizz face.

Just for you Delly. Just for you.

Finger to the sky, shimmy shake, thizz face, 4 count, flex scream, lifting the crowd --- they really did get almost every one of Curry's celebrations.

I really kind of wish I saw none of these and went HOLY CRAP like six times in the next couple days.

# 90 MaSTA SoLIDUS @ 09/24/15 03:13 PM

# 91 23 @ 09/24/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Awww yeah. Curry Thizz face.

Just for you Delly. Just for you.

Finger to the sky, shimmy shake, thizz face, 4 count, flex scream, lifting the crowd --- they really did get almost every one of Curry's celebrations.

I really kind of wish I saw none of these and went HOLY CRAP like six times in the next couple days.
Cancelling my pre order if they forgot to put this in

# 92 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 09/24/15 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

That would be hilarious if it was in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 93 Perry_West @ 09/24/15 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJS08
His arm definitely went through the backboard, someone also mentioned that Kyrie's arms went through his legs while doing the reverse.
i have to remember it's a videogame
and i don't know how to make a better
one but 2k set this standard for us demanding
more each game. still gonna play it at 1am

# 94 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/24/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Or this

# 95 Sundown @ 09/24/15 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

It's in. It's the shimmy shake. Or are you talking about an extended one where he ignores Green?

Lol that's almost like a bugged two man celebration where one player is playing a high five and the second something else.

# 96 Sundown @ 09/24/15 03:44 PM
I just want that Curry screaming celebration to have a wider open mouth, like the celebrations of other players after. Dude's jaws distend like an Aliens Xenomorph.

I really hope there's at least one super-open-mouthed Curry hype celebration.

# 97 solofx7 @ 09/24/15 03:57 PM
This trailer is still my favorite, mostly because of composition and such. Also the music because I am old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Ck_PGEQqo

# 98 lakers24 @ 09/24/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7
This trailer is still my favorite, mostly because of composition and such. Also the music because I am old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Ck_PGEQqo
I just think that was our first legit look at next gen so it was really a OMG moment that sticks with us. I can't even imagine what things would look like on a new console generation after this one.

# 99 ©roke @ 09/24/15 04:04 PM
Joakim Noah gives me goosebumps everytime

# 100 Sundown @ 09/24/15 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7

You can see how the sweat shaders look so much better on 2K14 than on 15 and 16 for some, maybe most players. The highlights on Kobe's head look extremely realistic with bumpy rough falloffs while he kind of looks plasticky and generically oily in 16.

The overall ambient lighting in 16 seems better overall than 14's weird cinematic lighting, the highlights are more realistically pronounced, and the skin tones are more even, but we did lose something here.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.