Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

NBA Live 16 is available today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Today Electronic Arts Inc. launched NBA LIVE 16 on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. NBA LIVE 16 highlights the brand-new LIVE PRO-AM mode, as well as the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players can express themselves both on and off the court with new gameplay mechanics, fresh gear and kicks, plus new ways to play.

LIVE PRO-AM provides players the chance to rise together with online team-play mode LIVE Run and the new cooperative Summer Circuit mode. In LIVE Run up to 10 players can compete in online games to 21 points on iconic courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Terminal 23 and more. Summer Circuit allows up to five players to travel around North America challenging all-star teams as they try to become the true kings of the court. Those who have played the NBA LIVE 16 demo on Xbox One or PS4 will be able to carry over created player progress and unlocked gear, getting a leg up on the competition.

Players can find the perfect gear to express their personality, with hundreds of shirts, shoes, sneakers, and more available from top brands. Players can also get themselves in the game with the official NBA LIVE Companion (available on the App Store and Google Play) featuring GameFaceHD. This exclusive mobile scanning technology allows fans to quickly and easily scan their face and upload it to their in-game character.

Created characters can also be used in Rising Star career mode (retaining all progression across modes), and aspiring GMs can try their hand at running a NBA franchise in Dynasty mode. Players looking to build an unbeatable crew of both modern stars and past greats can jump into LIVE Ultimate Team, and those hoping to either relive or rewrite history can check out LIVE Rewind and Big Moments. Newcomers or players looking to build their skill base can jump into Learn LIVE, with multiple options for drills and practice sessions.

Fans will also be treated to enhanced gameplay in NBA LIVE 16 thanks to the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players move with purpose and react intelligently to try and get open with cuts and off-ball screens. Plus, new mechanics like touch passing and dribble handoffs make it easier than ever to orchestrate the offense and make the big play. In addition to all these features, new shot mechanics, shot meter and feedback give players instant information to help them learn exactly when to release the ball. With the variety of modes, options and gameplay upgrades, there’s something in NBA LIVE 16 for everyone.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Quentin32 @ 10/06/15 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man, me and the same guy just matched up 3 times in a row in OH2H... where is everyone? wasn't even this bad last year...

Could be server issues....for the NBAPD error 2 out of those 3 matchup's and 2 times out of 5 PRO AM games...

EA is usually strong on the server side so I'm assuming there are some blips going on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol how is that possible.

# 142 Playmakers @ 10/06/15 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
517 viewing 2k
8 viewing Live

Is it that bad?
LOL!

I'm enjoying the game this year but must admit that is bad

But hey EA has to blame themsleves because i said it before when you release the DEMO no way you should release it with all the problems or glitches they had in it

Remember 1st impressions can sometimes lead to bad memory...

EA left some bad memories in the eye's of many who tested that demo out and they might not be willing to purchase the game because of that demo now....

It's a solid game with the patches and sliders but hey that's just my 2-cents

Not everyone is going to wait around for patches....

# 143 Calvenn @ 10/06/15 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
LOL!

But hey EA has to blame themsleves because i said it before when you release the DEMO no way you should release it with all the problems or glitches they had in it

EA left some bad memories in the eye's of many who tested that demo out and they might not be willing to purchase the game because of that demo now....

I agree with this viewpoint and have stated the same. It was a risky move. Though typically a demo is not a finished product in this case there was a lot at stake. The demo had to be compelling enough! I personally knew a patch was ensuing and tinkered enough with the sliders to know what was capable. Not sure about some others. There has to be a better way to advertise this game, especially after patching and slider adjustments/coaching strategies. Unless they just don't care about sales again this year. It just seems like this game is being underrepresented and I'm not taking away from the steadfast efforts from folks like WTF and Mrprice33.

# 144 benefactor @ 10/06/15 04:19 AM
Quote:
LOL!

Totally disagree.

That really had no other choice. If the game was bad and it had no demo... I mean, look what just happened with the new Tony Hawk game.

They stood behind their product, didn't give anyone an excuse to say they'd been ripped off by a blind purchase and have said they will keep the demo playable for good.

What they really need to do (and something they were poor in last year) is communicate all the changes they are making. None of this 'minor bug fixes' nonsense. Tell the fans and fencesitters what changes you are making and don't leave it up to people to post comments after every random game they have (there's already a post in this thread where someone has seen a few different things and immediately assumed there was a patch/change).

Tweet out the improved face scans and accessories when they arrive. Show before and after clips, list the bug fixes, updates etc.

# 145 Calvenn @ 10/06/15 07:06 AM
More effective communication of these changes will certainly go a long way IMO. I recently asked WTF and Mrprice33 a question on this forum about the possibility of Live16 devs visiting the board this year. The main driver behind that inquiry was to facilitate open discussion and to ultimately enlighten the community about the myriad of improvements that have been implemented, etc, Obviously there are other methods of disseminating this sort of information to the public but it would be helpful to hear from them on this board if at all feasible.

# 146 The 24th Letter @ 10/06/15 07:56 AM
The demo was the right move.

Some of the coverage the demo got was unfair though...I don't know if that's why it has gotten off to slow start or not...but perception is reality. When I saw the people online numbers last night it was a bit shocking.

Thankfully a lot of the reviews were a fair assessment on the improvements and may draw some more people to check it out. Biggest thing they need to do right now is stay involved and ENGAGE with the community. I feel like the community would be so much further a long than it is now had they done this from the beginning..

# 147 Walt Frazier @ 10/06/15 09:51 AM
I don't know what has happened, but the last three games I have played the CPU has taken about 3 mid rage jumpers in TOTAL.

The midrange game is completely gone again after synergy updates.

# 148 ezio @ 10/06/15 10:28 AM
I have a question about the demo on the PS4. I downloaded the demo and it installed 25 gig or so and I can play exhibiton games with all the teams plus the pro-am. I know I saw something about a trial version for Playstation plus so my question is the trial the same as the full game?

Thank you.

# 149 rudyjuly2 @ 10/06/15 10:49 AM
Won a free game at TGT and just got the game yesterday. I am the definition of a casual fan.

Played two games yesterday. First game was the Pistons against the CPU Bulls on Pro. I lost a fun game in OT. Lots of points in the paint - about 60% vs a normal 40%. I shot horrible from downtown. Some nice blocks in this game. Almost no fouls although I don't want too many as those slow downs drive me nuts IRL. Not sure the auto subs is smart enough. In my first game with the Pistons the cpu put Brandon Jennings in at SF at one point. He might be the smallest guy that sees the floor.

Second game I took the Clippers against the Mavs. I smoked them by 30. I shot great and switched to all Star for the fourth. Points in the paint was better. Not many turnovers from what I've seen.

Just did a couple practice drills. Understand now you can spin the r-stick to spin/drop step. Not many other moves in the post but that will help. Why does the practice mode back out after every successful attempt? If you want to try something a few times in a row you have to keep exiting and going back in. It only repeats if you fail. I should choose when I back out.

Harden was a beast when I used him this morning in a game against GS. Put up 31. Steph was good for the Warriors too but no Harden! That was a very close and fun victory this morning.

Lastly, I do understand that it can be too easy to get into the paint. I put the jostle/blow by down to 0 and could still get into the paint. It didn't seem to be that responsive of a slider although the end result didn't feel bad.

# 150 Calvenn @ 10/06/15 12:07 PM
Hopefully my post was clear enough or not misconstrued. As I have mentioned before, even though there was some risk associated with the demo in its state at the time, ultimately the positives should have outweighed the negatives especially with the inclusion of Pro Am which has been a success judging by everyone's reaction. The major areas of weakness in that demo were shored up with the patches so yes, it would be beneficial if there was some type of communication or involvement with the community at this juncture. I have also expected that common sense would prevail (except for in instances where folks judge by first appearance and don't return based on that encounter) and others will return afterwards. Don't forget, some folks are waiting for the price to drop as well before making the purchase. I hope there are plans to make community interaction happen!

# 151 Calvenn @ 10/06/15 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Won a free game at TGT and just got the game yesterday. I am the definition of a casual fan.

Played two games yesterday. First game was the Pistons against the CPU Bulls on Pro. I lost a fun game in OT. Lots of points in the paint - about 60% vs a normal 40%. I shot horrible from downtown. Some nice blocks in this game. Almost no fouls although I don't want too many as those slow downs drive me nuts IRL. Not sure the auto subs is smart enough. In my first game with the Pistons the cpu put Brandon Jennings in at SF at one point. He might be the smallest guy that sees the floor.

Second game I took the Clippers against the Mavs. I smoked them by 30. I shot great and switched to all Star for the fourth. Points in the paint was better. Not many turnovers from what I've seen.

Just did a couple practice drills. Understand now you can spin the r-stick to spin/drop step. Not many other moves in the post but that will help. Why does the practice mode back out after every successful attempt? If you want to try something a few times in a row you have to keep exiting and going back in. It only repeats if you fail. I should choose when I back out.

Harden was a beast when I used him this morning in a game against GS. Put up 31. Steph was good for the Warriors too but no Harden! That was a very close and fun victory this morning.

Lastly, I do understand that it can be too easy to get into the paint. I put the jostle/blow by down to 0 and could still get into the paint. It didn't seem to be that responsive of a slider although the end result didn't feel bad.

Jostle/blow by must be incremented to see the effectiveness. You essentially reduced its.effectiveness even more unfortunately.

# 152 rudyjuly2 @ 10/06/15 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
Jostle/blow by must be incremented to see the effectiveness. You essentially reduced its.effectiveness even more unfortunately.
So if you want to make it harder to drive by people I have to put it to 100?

The one post here with dev quotes may be wrong (post 12):
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...game-play.html

"Jostle vs Blow By - Lowering the bar increases how often defensive player will jostle/impede the ball handler vs raising the bar which will increase how often they are blown by."

# 153 Calvenn @ 10/06/15 12:56 PM
After testing the sliders that has been my experience. I am assuming that was a mistake by the devs. Try it and let us know your results.

# 154 rudyjuly2 @ 10/06/15 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
After testing the sliders that has been my experience. I am assuming that was a mistake by the devs. Try it and let us know your results.
Will do tonight! Wouldn't be the first time an EA dev got the sliders messed up.

# 155 The 24th Letter @ 10/06/15 01:21 PM
If this is not allowed mods, you can delete...

but I'm likely going to have another Live 16 PS4 copy soon...ill let it go for $45, PM me

# 156 blackceasar @ 10/06/15 02:33 PM
After playing this game extensively, if I could get my money back I would. Not I don't mean get it back and not have the game. More like get half my money back I'd feel better about this purchase.

I do believe its a better game than last year but the improvements are still "relative". I want improvements that are absolute and until that happens I think this will be the last time I drop a full 60.00 on this game as long as I have other options.

# 157 Playmakers @ 10/06/15 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
After playing this game extensively, if I could get my money back I would. Not I don't mean get it back and not have the game. More like get half my money back I'd feel better about this purchase.

I do believe its a better game than last year but the improvements are still "relative". I want improvements that are absolute and until that happens I think this will be the last time I drop a full 60.00 on this game as long as I have other options.
mentioned this before you can get the game from Toys R Us for like $34 bucks if purcahse another EA game with it.

NHL 16 or Fifa 16 are both worth the money so i would suggest making one them your 2nd choice and Live would be half price which is basically what EA should have sold the game for anyway IMO.

# 158 blackceasar @ 10/06/15 04:09 PM
Quote:
mentioned this before you can get the game from Toys R Us for like $34 bucks if purcahse another EA game with it.

NHL 16 or Fifa 16 are both worth the money so i would suggest making one them your 2nd choice and Live would be half price which is basically what EA should have sold the game for anyway IMO.
Dam.. wish I would have known. I would have picked up Live for 34.00 and Fifa was a must buy for me this year (but bought it already )

Oh well. I live and I learn I guess lol

# 159 bran9413 @ 10/06/15 10:16 PM
Having fun with this game again. I was cooking in Live Run, finally beating the Kezar Pavilon and unlocking the red Lillard 1's. I also finally beat the final game in Rucker Park I just have to go back and complete two more objectives for the park and I get the Infrared 6's!

Side note, I'm trying to do Rising Star but every time I do the mode the game tells me "can't create file for the mode" so I'll basically play the mode and the game never saves my progress even if I try to manually save the game. Anyone know a way of solving this problem?

# 160 Calvenn @ 10/06/15 10:31 PM
Is this game running much slower for anyone or is it just me? I also had this same problem with 15. Not sure if they've made changes to game speed via synergy updates.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.