Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

They say the early bird gets the worm, but damn this is EARLY.

Not even a full month into the released of highly acclaimed NBA 2K16, or even a full week into being able to access ProAm with the new patch, the 2K crew is already hard at work on NBA 2K17 it seems. Sekou Smith and Lang Whitaker, both from NBA.com, and former player Rick Fox are pictured here after a mocap session for NBA 2K17.

What could this mean? The three personalities all have strong ties with the NBA's media. Smith and Whitaker both have NBA.com blogs, while Fox is self explanatory. I could see this adding to the MyCAREER experience with more involvement off the court when it comes to the media. No more tiresome, repetitive press conferences. @NBATV tweeted out the photo as well, giving reason to a television show similar to College Hoops 2K8's weekly segment.

What do you think the addition of the three could mean for NBA 2K17?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 2_headedmonster @ 10/15/15 05:42 PM
What does the addition mean?

It means im about to go preorder....

# 2 Junior Moe @ 10/15/15 05:43 PM
Since they are being mocapped I'm hoping for a weekly wrapup show of some sort. I have seen Sekou Smith on NBATV quite a bit lately. Rick Fox is a regular. Not sure about Lang Whitaker, though. Either way, if they are included I'm sure 2K will implement them well.

# 3 sactown_13 @ 10/15/15 06:55 PM
I hate Rick fox so hard

# 4 Quentin32 @ 10/15/15 08:09 PM
No way. My mind would explode if The current crew and the nba.com are both in 2k17. 2k why are y'all doing this to me

# 5 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/15/15 08:11 PM
I haven't even touched all the modes this year yet. This 2k17 talk hurts my head

# 6 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/15/15 09:04 PM
Leave the hype train st the station for a few more months. Please.

# 7 PopcornJones77 @ 10/15/15 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
Lakers-Kings rivalry full effect
Rivalry implies that there's parity between the two franchises. There isn't. Kings got no rings. Just dashed dreams and shattered post-seasons lol. [emoji48]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 8 NELL86 @ 10/16/15 02:03 AM
You would think they would be focused on fixing they servers and some gameplay on 2k16 before working on 2k17

# 9 ataman5 @ 10/16/15 02:21 AM
Leave us with this incredible 2k16 please 2k!! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 jackzagal @ 10/16/15 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NELL86
You would think they would be focused on fixing they servers and some gameplay on 2k16 before working on 2k17
And who says they aren't? Just because they don't post photos and captions, that doesn't mean they're not working behind the scenes. It's not like they are a small gaming studio, with a few guys who do everything; I'm sure they have dozens, even hundreds of people working both in the current and future games/features.

Also, as a yearly release, NBA 2K needs to be constantly thinking about the "next game", and MoCap is just another thing. Those guys they MoCap-ed will be constantly busy when the season starts, to it's not a bad idea to do it now.

# 11 strawberryshortcake @ 10/16/15 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Since they are being mocapped I'm hoping for a weekly wrapup show of some sort. I have seen Sekou Smith on NBATV quite a bit lately. Rick Fox is a regular. Not sure about Lang Whitaker, though. Either way, if they are included I'm sure 2K will implement them well.
Weekly wrap-up would be nice, but can 2k at least get the postgame highlights working for the PS4 ... first?? Kind of defeats the purpose if a feature doesn't even properly work.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-quarters.html

# 12 Junior Moe @ 10/16/15 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Weekly wrap-up would be nice, but can 2k at least get the postgame highlights working for the PS4 ... first?? Kind of defeats the purpose if a feature doesn't even properly work.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-quarters.html
Yeah man, that sucks! I wonder, though, if that's more on Sony or 2K. Seems I remember back in the PS3/360 days of there being screenshots instead of plays showing for highlights one year if you played on longer quarters. Either way, they need to address it or at least explain to customers what/if there are system issues so that they know before making a purchase.

# 13 sactown_13 @ 10/16/15 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornJones77
Rivalry implies that there's parity between the two franchises. There isn't. Kings got no rings. Just dashed dreams and shattered post-seasons lol. [emoji48]

And a ref who went to prison. 6 on 5

# 14 sactown_13 @ 10/16/15 10:03 PM
Quote:

Also, kings have 1.

# 15 Capitol P23 @ 10/19/15 08:00 AM
Quote:

Thats cold popcorn lol

# 16 Junior Moe @ 02/20/16 09:44 AM
After this trade deadline and seeing a lot of Sekou Smith I'm really hoping he's in game ans we get us some kind of recap show. *fingers crossed*

# 17 Junior Moe @ 02/20/16 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
You're probably right. Which makes it even more sad that they can't get simple things like skin tones, courts and uniforms the right shade/color.
It might be just time for you to put NBA 2K down. If this skin tone and color/shade thing bothers you so much that you have to shoehorn it into every thread it's time to let the game go. Not saying that it's not worthwhile to get right, but damn dude.

# 18 KingMansaMusa @ 02/20/16 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
It might be just time for you to put NBA 2K down. If this skin tone and color/shade thing bothers you so much that you have to shoehorn it into every thread it's time to let the game go. Not saying that it's not worthwhile to get right, but damn dude.
Yeah I echo the same sentiments, this dude goes OD and finds a way to put his issues in every thread, I never wanted someone to get banned so bad lol.

# 19 nickthemajin @ 02/20/16 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
You're probably right. Which makes it even more sad that they can't get simple things like skin tones, courts and uniforms the right shade/color.
You gotta just get 2k on PC man.

# 20 Junior Moe @ 04/17/17 08:00 PM
*Super bump*

I finally finished the MC story line and won the championship. I reuped with Sacramento and am now a few games into year two. My question is do these guys appear anywhere in the game in digital form? I was hoping they'd at least have a show somewhere in the MC story.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.