Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

WWE 2K16 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, check out the launch trailer here.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ckarlic @ 10/27/15 05:04 PM
Definitely like the way 16 plays. Much better than 15 IMO. It is challenging to win a match on normal this year which is a great thing. Out of the 3 matches I played in 16, I only won 1. Last year I would win the match more often than not and that became boring as I knew the person I was controlling will come out on top.

The pacing of the matches are great too. I had a play now match between Rollins (Me) and Lesnar and I ended up loosing. The match took about 12 minutes to finish. We each dished out 2 finishers to each other and both kicked out of a number of pins before Lesnar finally put me away. He also have Heyman at ringside who offered and provided some good distractions that caused Rollins the match.

Submission system is something I need to figure out as I really have no clue how to do it. Hoping with time I can get that figured out.

All in all, the game looks and plays great.

# 42 PVarck31 @ 10/27/15 05:24 PM
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the cue to do your special or finisher doesn't pop up even when you are in the right position? Happened to me multiple times so far.

I also agree about the sound. It needs work. Crowd needs to be a lot better.

Also, does anyone know how to buy the accelerator. When I go to PSN store in the game it says nothing is available.

# 43 franch1se @ 10/27/15 05:33 PM
I rarely ever lost last year and the previous years, so far in 2k16 I'm 3-3. Much more challenging, which is a good thing. Have to be careful on when you use reversals now. Not sure if I'm a fan of the new pinning/submission system yet, will need to play more to get the hang and feel of it.

# 44 ckarlic @ 10/27/15 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the cue to do your special or finisher doesn't pop up even when you are in the right position? Happened to me multiple times so far.
I did notice this as well. I thought it depended on how much stamina/energy you had left. If your stamina was too low, you wouldn't be able to perform a finisher. I could be wrong though and it may be bug/glitch.

# 45 BDKiiing @ 10/27/15 05:34 PM
Quote:

Also, does anyone know how to buy the accelerator. When I go to PSN store in the game it says nothing is available.
Having both of those issues right now. The finisher doesn't come up. Not sure why. Might be with hitting R1 cause that switches between the Signature and Finisher.

Also not having the accelerator show up.

# 46 Stormyhog @ 10/27/15 05:39 PM
Quote:

Go to the store from the xmb, go to games, new & choose WWE 2K16 game & it will have the add-ons you can buy. It's also part of the season pass just to let you know if case your unaware which makes it free.

# 47 DTX3 @ 10/27/15 05:44 PM
Does anyone know how much VC the my career kickstarter gives you for your character? ended up picking it up because im a week man. loving the gameplay so far

# 48 PVarck31 @ 10/27/15 05:48 PM
I'm starting to get pretty frustrated now. Even when I'm able to hit my special and finisher it never puts away the AI. You have to do multiple finishers to win a match, which is just stupid imo. I just played as Paige vs Nikki and I dominated her pretty much the whole match. Had her in the red and hit my special and finisher and she still kicked out. I ended up losing on a random pin because the space to kick out was so small there was no way of hitting it.

I even turned finisher strength all the way up.

This is a frustrating issue for me right now.

# 49 Mercury112491 @ 10/27/15 05:52 PM
If you're in position to hit a special or finisher and the button prompt doesn't show up its because you don't have enough stamina to do the move. Most require at least half the bar.

Also I love Wrestling someone online, seeing their out of reversals and knowing I can safely hit whatever move I want

# 50 livinitup921 @ 10/27/15 06:05 PM
Quote:
I'm starting to get pretty frustrated now. Even when I'm able to hit my special and finisher it never puts away the AI. You have to do multiple finishers to win a match, which is just stupid imo. I just played as Paige vs Nikki and I dominated her pretty much the whole match. Had her in the red and hit my special and finisher and she still kicked out. I ended up losing on a random pin because the space to kick out was so small there was no way of hitting it.

I even turned finisher strength all the way up.

This is a frustrating issue for me right now.
I have the same problem

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

# 51 MLB Bob @ 10/27/15 06:06 PM
Ya I cant connect to servers...Im logged in. Wasnt there a issue or situation last year too? anyone know a fix?

# 52 pmurray20 @ 10/27/15 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Ya I cant connect to servers...Im logged in. Wasnt there a issue or situation last year too? anyone know a fix?

lol story of my life never connected much last year haven't played this one yet but NBA is same way connecting to 2k servers is random

# 53 PVarck31 @ 10/27/15 06:28 PM
I feel a little better now. I was Brock against Kane and basically dominated him till I got my special, hit that then hit the F5 and pinned him easily.

I'm thinking this might be an issue for guys who are rated similarly.

# 54 nate1986 @ 10/27/15 06:34 PM
After playing a few matches i gotta say the AI on this game is the best I've seen in a long time, the pacing of the matches are balanced and i can say even on the default difficulty i played roughly 7 matches and won 3 whereas last year i could win every single match without much of a challenge the submission system is gonna take some time to get the hang of

I would rate the game a 8.9/10 mainly due to the fact you cant have title matches in universe mode at the moment

# 55 jvalverde88 @ 10/27/15 06:55 PM
Small gripe, as nate said the AI is the best in awhile unfortunately the computer still does some head scratching things. The AI still does the stupid tear apart the announcer's table for no reason thing. Thankfully it only happened to me once so hopefully its a rarity.

# 56 PVarck31 @ 10/27/15 06:59 PM
Yeah, the AI is great. Almost too good. I just had an incredible match as Balor vs Itami and I ended up winning with the Coup De Grace at the end. And was able to kick out of Itami's finisher somehow. My only issue I had with the match was Itami seemed to be able to reverse at will. But I fought through them with some well timed reversals of my own.

I still think finishers are under-powered. Hopefully this is something 2K can patch?

I also hope someone comes up with some good sliders because I think there needs to be a tweak here and there, but in the end, this game is awesome.

I have never felt more rewarded winning a match in a wrestling game than I just did with Balor. I jumped up and screamed when the ref hit 3.

# 57 redsox4evur @ 10/27/15 07:07 PM
Quote:
Yeah, the AI is great. Almost too good. I just had an incredible match as Balor vs Itami and I ended up winning with the Coup De Grace at the end. And was able to kick out of Itami's finisher somehow. My only issue I had with the match was Itami seemed to be able to reverse at will. But I fought through them with some well timed reversals of my own.

I still think finishers are under-powered. Hopefully this is something 2K can patch?

I also hope someone comes up with some good sliders because I think there needs to be a tweak here and there, but in the end, this game is awesome.

I have never felt more rewarded winning a match in a wrestling game than I just did with Balor. I jumped up and screamed when the ref hit 3.
I am basing this off of other sports games but they should be able to. I mean NBA can tune shooting patches and Madden and NHL each have tuner sets. So I would think they can patch this in.

# 58 UMhester04 @ 10/27/15 07:13 PM
Does someone want to try turning finisher strength up in the sliders and see if that works and report back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 PVarck31 @ 10/27/15 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Does someone want to try turning finisher strength up in the sliders and see if that works and report back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I turned it all the way up. Still have to use multiple finishers most of the time.

# 60 Reed1417 @ 10/27/15 07:20 PM
From what I've played so far of this game I love it. The pacing of matches is really good and I'm struggling to win on normal. But I'm just trying to put on good matches.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.