Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

A new content update has arrived today for NBA Live 16, adding Christmas Uniforms and Stance socks. The update weighs in at 2.6GB for Xbox One and 4GB for PlayStation 4 users.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tedus @ 12/20/15 09:58 PM
This game is worth to play. The big moment and rewind game are back!!

I really enjoy these modes in live 15, However, as you known, these modes were dead for a long time.

Now it's back!!

Can't wait to play the big moment!!

# 62 KG#5beantown @ 12/21/15 01:38 AM
I also have to say, that the game is way better. I bought it on day 1 and was very disappointed...so I sold it. After I read all the comments about the updated game I decided to play the demo of 1.05 and I was impressed. I played a lot of 2k16 and I haven't had that much fun. Had a nailbiter in the first game and won it 103:99 on the road in Chicago with the Cavs. I had such so much fun. I'm almost 30 now and I played a lot of live back in the days, so I want this game to succeed. 2k gets a little old and I have to be honest, it is too realistic. I'm working almost 10 hours a day, have my own little family and in my spare time I want to have fun and don't want to set up hedge options so that I can survive on defense against teams like the 76ers. Live 16 is a lot of fun now so I purchased it again in the PSN store. It is really enjoyable and it understands itself as a GAME and not as the reality. I hope that EA will develop the game from this point on and will make it even better. Post game and animations are still an issue but the overall fun is so great! Looking forward to the next patch AND of course Live 17!

# 63 The 24th Letter @ 12/21/15 06:35 AM
I like the spacing here but is there a way to pass more quickly? The passing can be painfully slow sometimes....seems like it was a lot snappier before

https://vid.me/rgCE

# 64 Justonepost @ 12/21/15 08:10 AM
Really? You're not going to get passing much quicker than that in real life.

I think the passing in Live is very responsive and most animations allow quick movement.

It's the lack of controllable bounce and lobs that hurt it (as another member here mentioned, that control was in 14...).

# 65 The 24th Letter @ 12/21/15 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justonepost
Really? You're not going to get passing much quicker than that in real life.

I think the passing in Live is very responsive and most animations allow quick movement.

It's the lack of controllable bounce and lobs that hurt it (as another member here mentioned, that control was in 14...).

There's faster passing than that in the game itself tbh, I just don't know how to do it consistently....probably not the best example I could've posted but shows that long draw before releasing. For example, Look at how fast the ball travels when you do a jump pass...that's how all passes a lot the perimeter should be IMO

It's a bit worse in motion where it can be a full second and half before making the pass....I feel like open opportunities are missed b/c of it

# 66 seanhazz1 @ 12/21/15 08:33 AM
Is that happening with good or bad passers? ....or both? I tend to stay vanilla with regards to passing with certain players.(76ers).

One of the things I've noticed is that the battles for the loose ball are happening more often, like sliding on the floor/diving for loose balls, and multiple rebounds and put back attempts /misses for CPU (with good defensive position) and user.

# 67 The 24th Letter @ 12/21/15 09:03 AM
Seems like it happens across the board...I can post a better example when I get home..

I mean I actually had a pretty good game this morning, and like I said the spacing was nice, especially after pick and rolls...the passing just felt so slow it was bothersome...I feel like I missed out on a lot of cool hockey assist moment because by the time it got to the man he wasn't open anymore.

I'm just doing a quick press of the X button...is there a better way to go about it?

I agree on the loose balls, brings some unpredictability to the game I felt was lacking before.

# 68 Tonyattia @ 12/21/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I like the spacing here but is there a way to pass more quickly? The passing can be painfully slow sometimes....seems like it was a lot snappier before

https://vid.me/rgCE

They have touch passing. Just press X/A while ball is in air. It's actually pretty functional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 beezy80 @ 12/22/15 10:42 AM
Operationsports team,
Can you please ask the NBA Live developers if there will be a fix for the arena sounds glitch that effects all the arenas for example, sometimes the arena music plays and it doesn't play at all for the Lakers, Knicks, and Magic are just to name a few where you hear little to no arena music in the background at all. There are no defense chants, boos etc for hardly any of the arenas. Can you please ask the developers if this will be fixed in a future patch? Thanks if you look at this topic.

# 70 The 24th Letter @ 12/22/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
They have touch passing. Just press X/A while ball is in air. It's actually pretty functional

Yeah, I was testing it out a bit yesterday... I guess its just not going to be as 'snappy' as I would like....I'm assuming its designed that way to keep everything under control....similar to not being able to swat on command....It's cool though, just annoying.

# 71 TecmoZack @ 12/22/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG#5beantown
I also have to say, that the game is way better. I bought it on day 1 and was very disappointed...so I sold it. After I read all the comments about the updated game I decided to play the demo of 1.05 and I was impressed. I played a lot of 2k16 and I haven't had that much fun. Had a nailbiter in the first game and won it 103:99 on the road in Chicago with the Cavs. I had such so much fun. I'm almost 30 now and I played a lot of live back in the days, so I want this game to succeed. 2k gets a little old and I have to be honest, it is too realistic. I'm working almost 10 hours a day, have my own little family and in my spare time I want to have fun and don't want to set up hedge options so that I can survive on defense against teams like the 76ers. Live 16 is a lot of fun now so I purchased it again in the PSN store. It is really enjoyable and it understands itself as a GAME and not as the reality. I hope that EA will develop the game from this point on and will make it even better. Post game and animations are still an issue but the overall fun is so great! Looking forward to the next patch AND of course Live 17!

I agree completely. I have fun when I pop in Live. I enjoy the gameplay and feel. With the other game I get bored with it after 2 weeks every year.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

GT - TecmoZach

# 72 rudyjuly2 @ 12/22/15 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah, I was testing it out a bit yesterday... I guess its just not going to be as 'snappy' as I would like....I'm assuming its designed that way to keep everything under control....similar to not being able to swat on command....It's cool though, just annoying.
I found some passes in 2k were unrealistically fast - mainly in multi-pass combos. But some passes in Live are too floaty for no good reason as well. I wish a longer press was a harder pass.

# 73 The 24th Letter @ 12/22/15 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I found some passes in 2k were unrealistically fast - mainly in multi-pass combos. But some passes in Live are too floaty for no good reason as well. I wish a longer press was a harder pass.

Honestly I don't even want it to be like 2k, just the pass/receipt/shot process to be a little quicker and consistent....I feel like this sequence should've happened before Rose even got back in the picture....look where he came from...

https://vid.me/3E1A

# 74 chisportsfan23 @ 12/22/15 07:14 PM
This latest patch also fixed the weird issue where rookie's that had facescans added recently still displayed the generic faces at halftime or postgame. Really solid update overall.

# 75 GisherJohn24 @ 12/22/15 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Repurchased Live 16 last night and to my surprise the update came this morning. Can't deny that the game has made huge strides since release. Im truly shocked

There's a deep game of bball under the hood. At times it's very good. I'm excited about the future of this game. Just needs some tweaks and modes need a fixin

# 76 zrohman @ 12/23/15 09:33 PM
To my surprise, I downloaded the patch and got the ea access trial, and it played pretty well.

I played on release and input lag was crazy. The one thing I hated was the fact that live used to play so free, but at release it was playing like 2k as far as movement.

Live feels like live 15 but much more solid gameplay. Driving to the rim did not seem to be as bad as I thought. Cpu played a balanced game. Shooting percentages were fair, people were getting open on their own. It was pretty good.

They need to add more signature shots, more animations, and they need to touch up the post. The post game needs a big revamp. They need to add tip off that can go any direction, and touch up how people drive to the hole and the contact that is there.

Also graphics look terrible from a distance, faces look really bad from a distance

They need to add more depth to franchise and add in editing. If they did those things this game will be great

I like how the speed is. 2k sacrifices realistic speeds at times to look good. People dunk in slow motion. Live has great movement, a great crowd atmosphere, and great graphics up close.

Those are my thoughts. Worth buying for $20 if it's a physical copy. For sure, since you could get 9o% of your money back later if you sold it, But it should be coming o. Ea access soon. Last Christmas it got as low as $9 and the next week it was on ea access

# 77 uforce @ 01/03/16 02:34 AM
sub'd for great info

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.