Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Complex recently interviewed Mike Wang, Gameplay Director of the NBA 2K series, as he explains the art of perfecting your jumper in NBA 2K16. Definitely worth a quick read.

Quote:
We were just trying to have the players understand what’s happening under the hood better,” Wang says. "We didn’t really change the fundamental way the shot system worked. The shot meter was just a better way to visualize what was [already] happening."

"The shot meter was meant to open the game up to a broad range of people who are more casual or new to the series,” Wang says, “and don’t want to spend all the time learning all the shot [timings]."

Currently, in 2K16, the shot meter stops at the midpoint. Most likely, according to Wang, 2K17 will have a meter that moves from left to right or right to left.​

"The best players are the ones who don’t stare at the meter,” Wang says. “When you stare at the meter, you’re going to lose sight of the context around you, and you’re going to be overthinking the game. If you can get down to the point where shooting is second nature and it’s got a feel to it, you’re going to find that rhythm."

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DatGD12guage @ 02/12/16 04:41 PM
Hey Mike maybe you should put the shot meter on the backboard so like most shooters we are more focused on looking at the basket.

# 82 jeebs9 @ 02/12/16 05:31 PM
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Hey Mike maybe you should put the shot meter on the backboard so like most shooters we are more focused on looking at the basket.
Wait... What? lol

# 83 strawberryshortcake @ 02/12/16 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranny
I couldn't make a thing in pro am today. How can I get in rhythm if I'm bricking left and right?

I don't play pro am and have no clue if the follow works whatsoever, simply a theory considering it does possibly help in real life.

Get a couple easy buckets, layups, get to the foul line, and get a little "confidence" seeing the ball go through the basket. Then, hopefully that should help your outside shot. Again, have no clue if this works. Just a thought.

# 84 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 02/12/16 08:00 PM
My team keeps missing the game winning open shot in park why 2k ???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.