Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 ShaiLeGran @ 02/14/16 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I gave a lot feedback on this very topic. I feel it needs to be different every year. It's a minor detail but it sets the tone that nothing has changed even though a ton of new things could be in the game.
Thank you, exactly my point. It makes it feel like last years game (yes, even though it is JUST a small sound sample). I didn't mean to make it into a big discussion. And I am wondering if you can really change between inning melody. Isn's SotS meant for menu music, player specific walk-on music and chants?

# 302 ShaiLeGran @ 02/14/16 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Technically, there are two different in-game themes (the playoff broadcast top theme). Anyway, I don't think they should change it, especially with the option to change it. I compare it to Fox Sports or CBS Sports theme. That's just my opinion though.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk
Yeah, but don't they juice that up a little bit ones in every year? Sure FOX and CBS don't use the same them music as they did ten of five years ago? That being said, I like the post-season intro music alot more then the regulas season intro music. More suspenceful (which should be, cause it is the post-season). Just some freshing up the regular season intro would be pretty neat imho.

# 303 SoxFan01605 @ 02/14/16 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
Thank you, exactly my point. It makes it feel like last years game (yes, even though it is JUST a small sound sample). I didn't mean to make it into a big discussion. And I am wondering if you can really change between inning melody. Isn's SotS meant for menu music, player specific walk-on music and chants?
Yes, you can change the between-inning and intro music (you can actually set the sounds for each specific inning-top and bottom). In addition to that (and the aforementioned menu music, walk-ups, and chants/yells), you can also add sounds for errors, hits, reliever/closer entry, opposing pitcher pulled, HRs, clutch plays, strikeouts, walks, SBs, runs, and maybe a couple of others I'm forgetting as well. You can do this separately for each team.

What's cool is, you can tailor your sounds to your presentation preferences, meaning you can lean broadcast or in-stadium focused, local or national, etc. For example, I used to have setups for TBS, ESPN, MLB Network, and FOX in addition to NESN, YES, CSN, and other local/regional networks. I'd switch them up to have "prime time" or big games in the schedule. I'd also make sure to have stadium specific stuff (like "Sweet Caroline" in Fenway or "Deep in the Heart of Texas" for the Astros and Rangers).

I probably spent almost as much time tweaking sounds as I do rosters. It's actually quite deep and a HUGE boost to presentation (and keeping things feeling fresh throughout the year) if you take the time to utilize it fully.

# 304 ShaiLeGran @ 02/14/16 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yes, you can change the between-inning and intro music (you can actually set the sounds for each specific inning-top and bottom). In addition to that (and the aforementioned menu music, walk-ups, and chants/yells), you can also add sounds for errors, hits, reliever/closer entry, opposing pitcher pulled, HRs, clutch plays, strikeouts, walks, SBs, runs, and maybe a couple of others I'm forgetting as well. You can do this separately for each team.

What's cool is, you can tailor your sounds to your presentation preferences, meaning you can lean broadcast or in-stadium focused, local or national, etc. For example, I used to have setups for TBS, ESPN, MLB Network, and FOX in addition to NESN, YES, CSN, and other local/regional networks. I'd switch them up to have "prime time" or big games in the schedule. I'd also make sure to have stadium specific stuff (like "Sweet Caroline" in Fenway or "Deep in the Heart of Texas" for the Astros and Rangers).

I probably spent almost as much time tweaking sounds as I do rosters. It's actually quite deep and a HUGE boost to presentation (and keeping things feeling fresh throughout the year) if you take the time to utilize it fully.
Thanks man! Sounds (no pun) great.

# 305 thaSLAB @ 02/14/16 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
No, it's for broadcast elements too... Here an example of mine from MLB11.

https://youtu.be/z4bnxY9gDFA

Also, someone asked about Y2Y saves, it should carryover since that is your own universe (roster set).

# 306 ShaiLeGran @ 02/14/16 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
No, it's for broadcast elements too... Here an example of mine from MLB11.

https://youtu.be/z4bnxY9gDFA

Also, someone asked about Y2Y saves, it should carryover since that is your own universe (roster set).

Sounds great man, way better then the standard! Also, still amazed how good The Show looked back then.

# 307 Cowboy008 @ 02/14/16 10:21 AM
I have a question about fielding. I know the devs said if the player is playing out of position they will not be able to use the same over the top animations as the average MLB player can. So what if a player is playing in his right position but has a terrible fielding rating. Will they also not be able to use the same animations?

# 308 nemesis04 @ 02/14/16 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I have a question about fielding. I know the devs said if the player is playing out of position they will not be able to use the same over the top animations as the average MLB player can. So what if a player is playing in his right position but has a terrible fielding rating. Will they also not be able to use the same animations?
Usually depending on ratings a fielder will only have a certain portfolio so to speak of animations avilable to them. Less or more depending on how good or bad they are.

# 309 NDAlum @ 02/14/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Usually depending on ratings a fielder will only have a certain portfolio so to speak of animations avilable to them. Less or more depending on how good or bad they are.
This is exactly how I want a rating/animation relationship to be!

# 310 Jr. @ 02/15/16 02:16 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
This is exactly how I want a rating/animation relationship to be!
See I'm different in this. Just because someone isn't used to playing OF, doesn't mean they can't attempt to dive for a ball, or an OF playing SS can't attempt a jump throw. It just means that they're significantly less likely for it be successful. I don't like taking away animations, just make the success rate way lower for the higher level animations.

But then again, I feel like this is an issue with the game overall. Fielders have always seemed just as likely to boot a routine grounder or Knoblach a throw than they are to boot a tough backhand or airmail a throw after diving to their backhand and popping up.

# 311 agentlaw13 @ 02/15/16 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
See I'm different in this. Just because someone isn't used to playing OF, doesn't mean they can't attempt to dive for a ball, or an OF playing SS can't attempt a jump throw. It just means that they're significantly less likely for it be successful. I don't like taking away animations, just make the success rate way lower for the higher level animations.

But then again, I feel like this is an issue with the game overall. Fielders have always seemed just as likely to boot a routine grounder or Knoblach a throw than they are to boot a tough backhand or airmail a throw after diving to their backhand and popping up.

I believe they are referring to the animations between an average/sub par fielder and the higher rated defensive guys. I expect somebody like Mike Trout to have more animations available in situations where a flashy, spectacular play can be made. Where as your average fielder will have less available animations and won't make the flashy plays due to their lack of skill/ratings. I think all the fielders have the basic animations available for catches, dives, etc., but the higher tier defenders are gonna have more/better animations tied to their ratings and also a higher chance of seeing those animations in certain fielding situations.

# 312 Factzzz @ 02/15/16 04:51 PM
Has there been any word on if the numbers on the yankees jerseys and teams alike will now be placed higher to accurately represent how their jerseys look in real life?

# 313 tnixen @ 02/15/16 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Has there been any word on if the numbers on the yankees jerseys and teams alike will now be placed higher to accurately represent how their jerseys look in real life?
My gut feeling tells me this will not be fixed until if and when we get new player models.

# 314 dran1984 @ 02/15/16 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
yea, they said it's not changing.

# 315 dran1984 @ 02/15/16 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
My gut feeling tells me this will not be fixed until if and when we get new player models.

It's due to jersey templates, not player models

# 316 tnixen @ 02/15/16 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984

It's due to jersey templates, not player models
But perhaps we will not get new jersey templates until new player models?

# 317 dran1984 @ 02/15/16 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
But perhaps we will not get new jersey templates until new player models?
I don't see how the two are related...but okay.

# 318 Jr. @ 02/15/16 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I believe they are referring to the animations between an average/sub par fielder and the higher rated defensive guys. I expect somebody like Mike Trout to have more animations available in situations where a flashy, spectacular play can be made. Where as your average fielder will have less available animations and won't make the flashy plays due to their lack of skill/ratings. I think all the fielders have the basic animations available for catches, dives, etc., but the higher tier defenders are gonna have more/better animations tied to their ratings and also a higher chance of seeing those animations in certain fielding situations.
I understand that. But just because Mike Trout is a better outfielder than me doesn't mean I can't go out and attempt a spectacular play. The difference is that Trout makes the play and I don't.

That's what I'm saying. Limiting animations isn't realistic, but lowering the effectiveness is

# 319 Sip_16 @ 02/15/16 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I understand that. But just because Mike Trout is a better outfielder than me doesn't mean I can't go out and attempt a spectacular play. The difference is that Trout makes the play and I don't.

That's what I'm saying. Limiting animations isn't realistic, but lowering the effectiveness is
I get what your saying , the only difference is I'm sure Mike Trouts dive looks way more athletic and spectacular than your dive attempt and I think that's kinda what they are trying to do

# 320 agentlaw13 @ 02/15/16 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

I think limiting animations AND lowering the effectiveness is realistic within the game though. It's obvious to say that the majority of elite defensive players are faster, more athletic, have better reaction times, and have better range/fielding ability than average defenders.

I'm not saying your average outfielder or infielder can't make the same diving attempts. I just think that when these attempts (non routine attempts) are made in the game, it isn't realistic to see someone like Marlon Byrd making the exact same diving catch animation that Mike Trout might have. Some defensive plays might look similar, but for the "wow" moments on defense, I think the game should reflect the difference in those type of fielders.

P.s. Bad comparison with ol' Marlon Byrd, but you get my drift. Lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.