Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 Moss44 @ 02/15/16 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I think limiting animations AND lowering the effectiveness is realistic within the game though. It's obvious to say that the majority of elite defensive players are faster, more athletic, have better reaction times, and have better range/fielding ability than average defenders.

I'm not saying your average outfielder or infielder can't make the same diving attempts. I just think that when these attempts (non routine attempts) are made in the game, it isn't realistic to see someone like Marlon Byrd making the exact same diving catch animation that Mike Trout might have. Some defensive plays might look similar, but for the "wow" moments on defense, I think the game should reflect the difference in those type of fielders.

P.s. Bad comparison with ol' Marlon Byrd, but you get my drift. Lol
http://youtu.be/2nwh7_I1L5Y

You had it coming... Lol

# 322 Jr. @ 02/15/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I get what your saying , the only difference is I'm sure Mike Trouts dive looks way more athletic and spectacular than your dive attempt and I think that's kinda what they are trying to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I think limiting animations AND lowering the effectiveness is realistic within the game though. It's obvious to say that the majority of elite defensive players are faster, more athletic, have better reaction times, and have better range/fielding ability than average defenders.

I'm not saying your average outfielder or infielder can't make the same diving attempts. I just think that when these attempts (non routine attempts) are made in the game, it isn't realistic to see someone like Marlon Byrd making the exact same diving catch animation that Mike Trout might have. Some defensive plays might look similar, but for the "wow" moments on defense, I think the game should reflect the difference in those type of fielders.

P.s. Bad comparison with ol' Marlon Byrd, but you get my drift. Lol
While all of this is true, this is because everyone looks different doing everything (i.e. different batting stances/pitching motions). My ultimate point is that, just because I'm not as good as Mike Trout, it doesn't mean I can't try to rob a home run or dive for a ball. It just means that it's way less likely that I'll be successful doing it.

Maybe having different looking animations based on a player type/ability, but not fewer/more animations. I just don't like the idea of limiting what animations hit with a player because they're not as good, rather than making them just less effective at doing it.

Just a different approach. I obviously have to really see how this is going to work before completely judging it.

# 323 NAFBUC @ 02/16/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I guess no ball girls this year lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Did they say they were not in? I don't remember hearing that.
and minus the beards......

# 324 tessl @ 02/16/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I understand that. But just because Mike Trout is a better outfielder than me doesn't mean I can't go out and attempt a spectacular play. The difference is that Trout makes the play and I don't.

That's what I'm saying. Limiting animations isn't realistic, but lowering the effectiveness is
Most spectacular plays result from a fielder's reaction time and foot speed getting him to a ball most others would not get to. Of the few elite players who can get to the ball, a few of them have the athleticism to make the play. Then and only then the animation happens.

Without the great reaction time and speed there is no spectacular play or attempt.

# 325 MetsFan16 @ 02/16/16 02:27 PM
Is there a stream today or just a dev diary?

# 326 agentlaw13 @ 02/16/16 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Is there a stream today or just a dev diary?

I believe it's just the dev diary today with a DD stream scheduled for Thursday.

# 327 Jr. @ 02/16/16 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Most spectacular plays result from a fielder's reaction time and foot speed getting him to a ball most others would not get to. Of the few elite players who can get to the ball, a few of them have the athleticism to make the play. Then and only then the animation happens.

Without the great reaction time and speed there is no spectacular play or attempt.
Could be. Or it could be a horrible jump and misread of the ball flight that turns a typically routine play into a spectacular looking one. Again, just because a player is bad, doesn't mean he can't attempt to perform spectacular plays.

A tiered animation system would help, where the number of animations aren't limited, but how they look is. Maybe that's what this is, but it doesn't sound like it to me.

# 328 2ndBase @ 02/17/16 08:35 PM
Having SOTS back brings the soul back to the game. I'm hoping we are able to edit or remove the in between out music. Would hate to load all of the custom music only to have the generic music playing after outs. Overall looks like the game will have a fun factor.

# 329 Sip_16 @ 02/17/16 10:50 PM

# 330 Cowboy008 @ 02/17/16 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
Can't wait to see what everything looks like with PBR on.

# 331 headzapp @ 02/17/16 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Say for example someone on here did all the Cubs songs and walk up music. Would there be a way for me to DL that and use it?
This made me think. You know how NHL 16 has all the stadium sounds for most teams, like when the score goals? The Blues have the horn and then the ONE TWO THREE!

Imagine if The Show got the 7th inning stretch songs in the game. Take Me Out to the Ballgame for the Cubs, Here Comes the King for The Cardinals and so on.
That would be amazing.

# 332 dran1984 @ 02/18/16 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
The template is probably specifically modeled for the size of the player model, so the jersey looks in accurate proportion. This would include the template, no?

As we are not getting player models it would probably be a waste of time to model a new template for the same old character model and then do it again for the new models in 17.

But I really have no clue how it is done. I just know it needs to be changed and soon here. It's getting a little weird seeing their jerseys like that for so many years.

They are coming in 17 I reckon.
No. A jersey template his how the jersey is laid out. That's the reason the jerseys with no name on the back look so low. In reality, teams like the Yankees have no name on the back, so they have the number centered on the back of the jersey. However, in The Show there is empty space where the name goes and the number is lower then on the Yankees real jersey. Basically, they have a "one-size fits all" template. In no way does it have anything to do with player models. Two different things entirely.

The strange thing that I cant figure out is this. They have a "create a jersey" tool in DD where you can move #'s and text around. So why can't they use the same elements to design each teams jersey and not have a template system at all?

# 333 treyraq @ 02/18/16 01:52 AM
Did you watch the hit 2 batters before this one??
It seemed to be hit harder and bounced to its death at the end of the grass before the warning track. So I don't know if what you think is changed has actually changed.

The ball bounces a little bit softer than the hit you mentioned, but it still looks like it should have made it to the wall IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this:

@ about 42:40 - hit down the line that GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE WALL IN THE CORNER!!!

Not a grounder, a low liner past the first baseman. But still, that same hit would have died in the outfield before it got to the wall in previous games. Definitely a step in the right direction!!

# 334 breakfastcat @ 02/18/16 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The strange thing that I cant figure out is this. They have a "create a jersey" tool in DD where you can move #'s and text around. So why can't they use the same elements to design each teams jersey and not have a template system at all?
You can't move the numbers and text around in the DD uniform editor. I definitely wish we could though.

# 335 tnixen @ 02/18/16 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
Did you watch the hit 2 batters before this one??
It seemed to be hit harder and bounced to its death at the end of the grass before the warning track. So I don't know if what you think is changed has actually changed.

The ball bounces a little bit softer than the hit you mentioned, but it still looks like it should have made it to the wall IRL.
Shoot I was hoping that improved ball physics in 16 would have improved this issue

# 336 dran1984 @ 02/18/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
You can't move the numbers and text around in the DD uniform editor. I definitely wish we could though.
Ah, my bad. Guess I was thinking about the editor in nba2k

# 337 LastActionHero @ 02/26/16 11:44 AM
Somewhere along the line I heard they added some lines to come out of the ds4 speaker in certain situations. Is this true?

I would love this for when a runner is trying to steal on you.

# 338 tnixen @ 02/26/16 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Did they say they were not in? I don't remember hearing that.
Well looks like I was right after all No Ball Girls this year per Russell tweeter page!

No big deal 16 is still looking fantastic!

# 339 crumpled_heap @ 03/20/16 02:59 PM
When the roof at miller park is closed the window panels should also be closed but in the game the window panels are open which makes it feel like the roof is open even though its closed.

# 340 kehlis @ 03/20/16 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
When the roof at miller park is closed the window panels should also be closed but in the game the window panels are open which makes it feel like the roof is open even though its closed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.