Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

GameInformer has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video with Ramone Russell. They discuss many of the new features in the game, including franchise, player morale and much more. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Thanks for the tip, Grant Thomas!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 hhayes81 @ 02/22/16 10:46 PM
@BatmanRulez1 @MLBTheShow Won't be on the disc for lack of time to test. However, planning to patch it in, hopefully day 1. Stay tuned.

Thats a tweet from Nick Livingston

# 162 hhayes81 @ 02/22/16 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Did The Stride make it?
Forgot to quote you

# 163 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/22/16 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
In case that went over anyone's heads, I was making a lame joke about how thorough they were being with bug fixes. Internet though, I know.
Ah, yes. Yet another perfect example of the need for a special "sarcasm" font or tag.

# 164 Stolm @ 02/22/16 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhayes81
@BatmanRulez1 @MLBTheShow Won't be on the disc for lack of time to test. However, planning to patch it in, hopefully day 1. Stay tuned.

Thats a tweet from Nick Livingston
Nice, as long as it makes it in, I am happy.

Wonder if any changes have been made to it?

Hopefully a Dev can chime in when they have some free time.

# 165 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/22/16 11:13 PM
Quote:
In case that went over anyone's heads, I was making a lame joke about how thorough they were being with bug fixes. Internet though, I know.
I figured as much, but it was more fun to pretend you had missed Ramone's post about bug fixes that was like 2 posts before yours. Some are actually that dense, unfortunately.

# 166 giants665 @ 02/23/16 02:39 PM
The player cards are perfect !!! I have wanted expanded stat tracking for so long!!! Couldn't be more excited!

# 167 Starducket Moon @ 02/23/16 04:50 PM
Anyone ask or notice if editing the coaches are added this year or looked at to be added in the future? Honestly it's the only thing I haven't read about so far. Deal breaker? No of course not, but when playing the Mets the generic 1B coach has always bugged me, especially if any trades are made where he's wearing the same number as a player. This year Goodwin changed his number from 26 to 22 and sometimes that takes longer for the powers that be to reflect that, or any coaching changes, in the game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 168 seanjeezy @ 02/23/16 04:53 PM
So is WAR the only new stat added this year? Based on the screencap from Mr Oldboy it looks like all of the weird stats that can only be found here are still in the game, and I haven't seen anything like wOBA, wRC+, xFIP, etc.

Guess we'll find out for sure when the franchise info drops!

Edit:

Oh yeah, regarding stat-based progression - I really don't think that its a good idea, simply for the fact that the ratings provide a wide range of statistical outcomes. There are far too many factors to say, "oh player X hit 30 hr's this year but he only has 55 power, he needs a boost!" If he can already hit 30 homeruns with 55 power, why change it? As Knight and Tbarnes said, it only leads to a slippery slope.

Now the only caveat is if there is some mechanical change, but its not like the game is designed to handle that kind of thing on its own...

# 169 BrianU @ 02/23/16 06:06 PM
Listening to the Q&A stream they mentioned more about player morale. The strong majority of players are 'Satisfied' and the extremes are much more rare.

The attribute changes don't affect any physical attributes, only mental ones. Players will not gain/lose speed on pitches or run speed.

Also my favorite thing, they mentioned the sim stats last year for pitchers were a bit overpowered and they reworked them. I'll be checking the complete games/shutouts/saves as the first thing when I get the game hope to see it better this year.

# 170 Cowboy008 @ 02/23/16 06:24 PM
After hearing a little more on player morale I'm excited for the franchise stream next week.

# 171 Kalkano @ 02/23/16 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Listening to the Q&A stream they mentioned more about player morale. The strong majority of players are 'Satisfied' and the extremes are much more rare.

The attribute changes don't affect any physical attributes, only mental ones. Players will not gain/lose speed on pitches or run speed.

Also my favorite thing, they mentioned the sim stats last year for pitchers were a bit overpowered and they reworked them. I'll be checking the complete games/shutouts/saves as the first thing when I get the game hope to see it better this year.

What stream are you talking about? GIMME!!!

Nevermind, found it. I think there are so many different stream/video threads that I mistake them for old ones, when they're new.

# 172 MrOldboy @ 02/24/16 04:40 AM
Quote:
Am I being too unrealistic here?
Not unrealistic, maybe just redundant with agents. If they can flesh out the contracts more I think what you want would be added to the game without needing agents. Some players would be willing to sign extensions and others wouldn't even consider and go to FA. You don't need agents, just a more robust and diverse set of traits a player has when it comes to negotiating the financials of contracts, not just total money. When they do expand on contracts I bet this is something they will consider as it's been requested often. More financial options for contracts, extensions and more diverse financial/contract requirements to sign players. They're adding in some of that with morale this year.

# 173 MetsFanInPA @ 02/24/16 01:53 PM
I suppose it would be disappointing if Jose Bautista was willing to re-sign easily.

# 174 Bobhead @ 02/24/16 07:09 PM
Quote:
Am I being too unrealistic here?
It's theoretically achievable in the PS4, BUT, I think there are some legal issues. SCEA wouldn't have the likeness rights to actual agents or companies, and it would become a constant matter of not making the representation "too close".

For example, if Bryce Harper's imaginary agent acted too similarly to Scott Boras, Scott Boras and co could file a claim.

It's not like with the fake umpires where each umpire is completely random, everyone already knows who Bryce Harper's agent is in real life, so if Bryce Harper gets an agent in The Show, lawyers are already going to be watching.

Kinda like the fake players of old. EA got in trouble just because Fake Barry Bonds produced similar numbers to real Barry Bonds. They didn't look alike or anything. But since everyone knew Fake Barry Bonds was supposed to be real Barry Bonds, EA had a lot less "wiggle room" to argue it was a coincidence.

# 175 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/24/16 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Kinda like the fake players of old. EA got in trouble just because Fake Barry Bonds produced similar numbers to real Barry Bonds. They didn't look alike or anything.
That's Reggie Stocker to you! Or was it John Dowd?

# 176 Speedy @ 02/24/16 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
That's Reggie Stocker to you! Or was it John Dowd?
John Dowd.

Hey, I had to deal with "Roster Player" instead of MJ on the NBA Live PS1/sega days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.