Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Ramone Russell going over the new features and gameplay improvements to the game this year.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 nomo17k @ 02/24/16 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenerife10
Hi guys! First of all sorry for my English, I'm Spanish I'm a great fan of American sports, specially MLB and i have a question for you: as we all know last year the game hadn't stride in pure analog and for me it was a shock because i loved hitting form in MLB THE SHOW 14, now is there any remote possibility for the inclusion of stride this year? Otherwise you would know to say which is the best option for the hitting?

Thanks and sorry again for my English

Cheers

As mentioned in other threads, it is not likely to be in when the game ships, but the developers are working on getting the analog stride back in the game by a patch. It is a good news for analog users.

# 102 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That jersey is correct based on the style guide. I just checked.
https://twitter.com/Ramone_Russell/s...67575491182593

It changed again?

# 103 tenerife10 @ 02/24/16 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
As mentioned in other threads, it is not likely to be in when the game ships, but the developers are working on getting the analog stride back in the game by a patch. It is a good news for analog users.

Yes it is! I hope so!

Thank you very much for your answer

# 104 MrOldboy @ 02/24/16 04:05 AM
For analog players, does the stride part that was removed impact gameplay or is it just controlling the visual leg kick of the batter that was removed? If you can't tell I spend 99% of my time on zone.

# 105 bcruise @ 02/24/16 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
For analog players, does the stride part that was removed impact gameplay or is it just controlling the visual leg kick of the batter that was removed? If you can't tell I spend 99% of my time on zone.
Yes, it does affect gameplay (or rather, did). Good/Bad stride timing factored into the PCI and gave a contact boost/penalty.

# 106 MrOldboy @ 02/24/16 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yes, it does affect gameplay (or rather, did). Good/Bad stride timing factored into the PCI and gave a contact boost/penalty.
So what does it do in MLB 15? What did good or bad timing in analog affect last year?

I remember from before that if you timed the start of your analog leg kick at the right time the PCI got a bonus. Is it just basically directional in MLB 15, but you can use the analog stick instead of buttons?

That seems like a big thing to add back in and bet the balance right at the last minute. Especially with the new precision input and their heavy emphasis on online play this year. If they add it back in I hope it is balanced against the other control types, but it'll be hard to test out in such a short amount of time.

# 107 bcruise @ 02/24/16 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
So what does it do in MLB 15? What did good or bad timing in analog affect last year?

I remember from before that if you timed the start of your analog leg kick at the right time the PCI got a bonus. Is it just basically directional now, but you can use the analog stick?
No, in 15 the load-up analog was only used to determine normal/power swing. The timing skill element of it was removed and that's what people wanted back.

To take it back to the old way requires three things - Changing the load-up back to the stride timing system, re-implementing the contact/power adjustment that accompanies it (otherwise there'd be no point), and mapping the contact and power swing controls back to the face buttons you'd press/release before the windup (Square for power, circle for Contact, no button press for normal)

Quote:
That seems like a big thing to add back in and bet the balance right at the last minute. Especially with the new precision input and their heavy emphasis on online play this year. If they add it back in I hope it is balanced against the other control types, but it'll be hard to test out in such a short amount of time.
You're right, it does. It needs its own seperate controller layout from the other options because of those contact/power controls, for one thing.

# 108 buckeyedawgtribe @ 02/24/16 04:39 AM
You know this game is gonna be good when people are complaining about uniforms again

# 109 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 02:26 PM
Wouldn't it be cool with analog fielding now that you see a big arrow of the direction you're throwing that you can can correct it from the moment you push the analog stick. When throwing to second and you see your not pointing up true north that you can adjust it on the fly to get a perfect throw.

Maybe even make the direction dynamic, for instance if your second baseman fields a ball on the outfield grass line you have to point the analog stick lets say 4 a clock instead of 3 o clock.

# 110 nemesis04 @ 02/24/16 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Wouldn't it be cool with analog fielding now that you see a big arrow of the direction you're throwing that you can can correct it from the moment you push the analog stick. When throwing to second and you see your not pointing up true north that you can adjust it on the fly to get a perfect throw.

Maybe even make the direction dynamic, for instance if your second baseman fields a ball on the outfield grass line you have to point the analog stick lets say 4 a clock instead of 3 o clock.
I am not really enamored with the new OSD for the throwing feedback. I prefered it tucked under the player like they had for a cleaner look. I can understand why they did it, looks like you can be more precise with your throw velocity.

# 111 Speedy @ 02/24/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
While we're at it, his left ear should be a little lower.
What is this, 2010?

# 112 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 04:31 PM

# 113 bcruise @ 02/24/16 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
What is this, 2010?
Ugh...as one of the CD attendees that year I remember the initial flap over this ALL too well.

# 114 Impetuous65 @ 02/26/16 10:16 AM
If the community guys could answer this please do, if you know.

Batter/Pitcher Analysis is it back on the D-Pad, or is it still under the pause menu "stats"? I can never get this question answered on twitter/the streams even or from the devs here.

# 115 nemesis04 @ 02/26/16 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
If the community guys could answer this please do, if you know.

Batter/Pitcher Analysis is it back on the D-Pad, or is it still under the pause menu "stats"? I can never get this question answered on twitter/the streams even or from the devs here.
I don't have the answer but I know we asked if it could be brought back to the d-pad.

# 116 Impetuous65 @ 02/26/16 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I don't have the answer but I know we asked if it could be brought back to the d-pad.
Thanks for the reply, I hope your request didn't fall upon def ears. This feature is to convenient to not be at your finger tips.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.