Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 video, going over the 2 new modes coming to the game this year, Battle Royale and Conquest. Watch it and post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MetsFan16 @ 03/07/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
You won't be able to complete your captain missions faster in Conquest or BR, because captain missions want you to complete a certain amount of innings with certain players. So if you play only 3 innings games, you won't complete them faster...

You'll Never Walk Alone!
I remember them saying you earn based on innings and how many players you have. So if the mission is play with guys with clutch rating higher than 75 if you have 4 players with that rating for 3 innings you'll earn more tickets than playing with 2 players with that rating for 3 innings.

# 22 Shakedowncapo @ 03/07/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Well, I doubt I would ever play it on Legend. I value my sanity.
Its only 3 innings...So a quick defeat is better than a drawn out 9 inning one on Legend.

I really like the idea of three innings. Makes things pressure packed right off the bat.

# 23 baseballsim @ 03/07/16 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Also, If I'm not mistaken, you have to "pay" a certain amount of stubbs to play Battle Royale each time you draft a new team.

I'm sure It's going to be like Arena mode in Hearthstone, where an arena run is 150 golds and a pack is 100 golds, but you are guaranteed to get a pack in every Arena run no matter how many games you have won.

If I have to guess a Battle Royale run is going to be 1500 Stubbs, while a pack is going to be 1000 stubs. Don't think that you are going to get a reward worth 500 for 2 wins, but you could break even with the 5 wins reward.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Where did you see this? I didn't see anything about having to spend stubs to play the mode.

# 24 letsgomets75 @ 03/07/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Where did you see this? I didn't see anything about having to spend stubs to play the mode.
I think he's assuming but I also think he'll be right. If you watch the video that came out today and pause at 1:00 , you can see that you are guaranteed a standard pack just for playing. I would assume this means you paid (more then 1,000 stubs since thats the price of a standard pack). It would make sense to pay stubs every time you play to have an opportunity to play with cards you can't normally afford.

# 25 ScouserHUN @ 03/07/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
For me, the word "buy in" means spend stubbs... (at 0:58 in the video)

I don't mind though, especially that you are given a guaranteed pack after every run.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

# 26 Dolenz @ 03/07/16 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgomets75
I think he's assuming but I also think he'll be right. If you watch the video that came out today and pause at 1:00 , you can see that you are guaranteed a standard pack just for playing. I would assume this means you paid (more then 1,000 stubs since thats the price of a standard pack). It would make sense to pay stubs every time you play to have an opportunity to play with cards you can't normally afford.

Yeah, good catch. My guess is you have to pay stubs to get in. Seems like it would be exploitable to be guaranteed a standard pack just for playing if there was no investment.

Wow that is some faint text in that screenshot but it does say "buy in".

# 27 metal134 @ 03/07/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Man 3 innings? This kills the hype for me with these modes. They look very well done but I don't know if I'll even touch them. I already dropped my $100 just don't like the idea of 3 inning games at all.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
Agreed. I understand why they are doing it that way, but 3 innings is just not indicative of anything.

# 28 cardinalbird5 @ 03/07/16 12:21 PM
Id rather see 5 innings for BR. 3 innings just feels like you can lose to something unlucky early on and you will not have a chance to adapt to your opponent or go through your lineup more than once.

I get the concept behind 3 innings but I think 5 would have been more ideal. It also gives more value when you draft your bottom of the order guys and bullpen. In a 3 inning game bullpen is less important.

Also I wonder what the default difficulty will be? I hope its not veteran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 Dolenz @ 03/07/16 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Id rather see 5 innings for BR. 3 innings just feels like you can lose to something unlucky early on and you will not have a chance to adapt to your opponent or go through your lineup more than once.

I get the concept behind 3 innings but I think 5 would have been more ideal. It also gives more value when you draft your bottom of the order guys and bullpen. In a 3 inning game bullpen is less important.

Also I wonder what the default difficulty will be? I hope its not veteran.

At around the :38 to :40 second mark in the video it showed All-Star Hitting and Pitching with Quick Counts and Guess pitch turned off

# 30 cardinalbird5 @ 03/07/16 12:32 PM
Quote:
At around the :38 to :40 second mark in the video it showed All-Star Hitting and Pitching with Quick Counts and Guess pitch turned off

Ok that is somewhat of a relief then

# 31 headzapp @ 03/07/16 12:36 PM
I hope there are no trophies for these modes.

# 32 ElectricAggie @ 03/07/16 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Playing Draft Champions in Madden was a lot of fun. The draft was scary because you would be given a QB in the first round and pass on him, expecting to get another QB later in the draft, but sometimes that didn't happen and you were left with a scrub QB. Also don't know nearly as much NFL players than I do MLB players.

MLB Battle Royale is looking like it will be tons of fun. The idea of drafting a new team every time is exciting where I don't have to collect the cards to play with a certain player/legend/flashback which is a appealing. Also the head to head component is cool because a stacked team playing against a CPU MLB team is like an All Star team playing the Tampa Bay Rays. I like how it is 3 innings to make it go quick and play more games with more drafts and not be so time consuming.
I agree. I'm not sure if people understand the potential for Battle Royale. Draft Champions is my favorite way of playing head-to-head games online in Madden currently. The teams are pretty balanced, so how successful you are in the mode depends on how well you draft and your skill in the game. There won't be overpowered lineups if it's anything like Draft Champions, which is really nice. The only questionable thing to me at the moment is only playing 3-inning games. I understand they want to keep the games short so that you can keep things moving, but "fast" isn't supposed to be the pace of baseball. I think just having quick counts turned on for a 9-inning game would be quick enough for me. I guess I just have to try out what 3-innings is like.

# 33 Denzel Washington @ 03/07/16 01:35 PM
I would have preferred 5 innings myself

# 34 jm2054 @ 03/07/16 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie
I agree. I'm not sure if people understand the potential for Battle Royale. Draft Champions is my favorite way of playing head-to-head games online in Madden currently. The teams are pretty balanced, so how successful you are in the mode depends on how well you draft and your skill in the game. There won't be overpowered lineups if it's anything like Draft Champions, which is really nice. The only questionable thing to me at the moment is only playing 3-inning games. I understand they want to keep the games short so that you can keep things moving, but "fast" isn't supposed to be the pace of baseball. I think just having quick counts turned on for a 9-inning game would be quick enough for me. I guess I just have to try out what 3-innings is like.
But the issue is people like me hate quick counts. It's not fair to put me in a 1-2 count when I likely wouldn't end up there playing the at bat my way

# 35 Dolenz @ 03/07/16 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
But the issue is people like me hate quick counts. It's not fair to put me in a 1-2 count when I likely wouldn't end up there playing the at bat my way

As I mentioned above. In the setup screen for the mode both Quick Counts and Guess Pitch were turned off.

# 36 jm2054 @ 03/07/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
As I mentioned above. In the setup screen for the mode both Quick Counts and Guess Pitch were turned off.
Ya I know I was just saying why alot of people and the development are against quick counts in DD and other online modes.
I can't wait for battle Royale I loved draft champions

# 37 Cowboy008 @ 03/07/16 02:02 PM
After watching the video these modes don't seem to be for me but am happy for those who like it.

# 38 ElectricAggie @ 03/07/16 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
If it were up to me, I would just have 9 inning games with no quick counts. I just mentioned quick counts because they emphasized that they wanted these games to be quick. Personally, I'd rather play a full 9 inning game with quick counts than a 3 inning game.

# 39 AceAmy @ 03/07/16 02:12 PM
knowing that theyre 3 innings it would be nice if there was hybrid presentation to make the head to head atmosphere more intense in BR. Conquest should be optional at least for presentation

# 40 LeftyShortstop @ 03/07/16 02:23 PM
If conquest is moving towards your DD team as an expansion team, will we be maybe getting a stadium creator as well? Maybe like NBA 2k16 where you need a certain amount of cards to be able to create it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.