Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

The EA Sports UFC 2 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers (queue it up here), a day earlier than expected, which is typically the case nowadays. Subscribers of the Xbox One exclusive service, can play the full game for 10 hours.

Quote:
The ten-hour clock only ticks when the game is open, so if you want to conserve your time, make sure you close the game when you're finished playing. If you continue the fight once UFC 2 releases on March 15 - all the progress you make carries over, including Career Mode advancement and UFC Ultimate Team. EA Access members also save 10% when they buy UFC 2 digitally, just like with all EA digital purchases.

If you're a subscriber, download it and post your impressions!

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 aholbert32 @ 03/10/16 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I didn't see that in the beta. Wonder if it's an Xbox thing.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
It could be. I never found striking to be unresponsive but I have seen issues with attempting takedowns in both the beta and final version.

# 22 DrMac5 @ 03/10/16 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
Been blowing through some career mode as a Lightweight. Tearing through undefeated, I fought Ross Pearson as my first actual real life opponent. He was ranked 32nd, knocked him out in round 1, and advanced.

Then a video package of Rafael Dos Anjos starts to play. Apparently he's free fallen all the way to #25 in the rankings. That's the only option I have in the "choose opponent" selection screen. So I get stuck fighting RDA in the undercard of UFC 198. and get knocked out

edit: Man the rankings get crazy. Next fight I have options to either fight #28 Gilbert Milendez (91), #31 Michael Chiesa (89), or random generated fighter (85). Take the random fighter, win move on.

next batch of selections? #27 Diego Sanchez (87), #28 Gilbert Milendez (91), #29 Eddie Alverez (94).

Absolutely brutal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Did you have the option to refuse the RDA fight? And if so, what consequences, if any, would have a followed that refusal?

BTW, great impressions!
Had the same thing happen to me last night, only the #29 fighter that I had to face was Nate Diaz.

There was no way that I could see to refuse the fight, so I went ahead and hit accept fight.

Ended up having a WAR with him and won in a split decision.

# 23 Paletero @ 03/10/16 01:17 PM
This game definitley feels smoother on PS4. I played the beta and am now playing it on XB1...its crazy how much different it feels. A little unresponsive and clunky on XB1.

# 24 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/10/16 01:49 PM
I find the AI to be too easy on Normal. Knocked McGregor and Overeem out in the 1st round half way in the round. Going to up the difficulty level.

# 25 DaveDQ @ 03/10/16 02:23 PM
What makes it seem slower to me is the weight classes. It's not that it's unresponsive, it's more that a big guy takes longer. That's about it for me. I don't feel like the game lags or anything.

# 26 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/10/16 02:34 PM
Tried Pro, much better. But it is still way too easy to KO somebody with the top 5 fighters in the division. Got subbed by Rousey in the 1st. KO'ed Van Zant in the 1st. So out of 4 fights. 3 KO's in the 1st round, 1 submission lost in the 1st round.

I don't know, maybe they need a difficulty higher then Pro I guess. Tag somebody clean, the fight is basically over within the next 10 seconds. It's like you push the pace, the AI will push back but yet they don't protect their face which leads to a KO every time. So they need to fix that. Small sample size, but so far only Rousey was good at protecting her face.

# 27 zmcman1 @ 03/10/16 05:48 PM
Quote:
Did you have the option to refuse the RDA fight? And if so, what consequences, if any, would have a followed that refusal?

BTW, great impressions!
There's no option to refuse a fight. Generally you're given three opponents to choose from unless a certain event triggers. I was forced to fight RDA in that fight and later Nate Diaz in a "Fighter Challenge". The fighter challenge gave you an opportunity to earn more fans during the fight if you pulled off three specific goals....one of them was to taunt Nate five times during the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
When given the options of opponents is there an easy way to pull up a full listing of their stats before your fight to see what their strengths truly are or are you just given the basic standup, submission, ground ratings?

Also are you left to figure out your own gameplans or do your coaches suggest an approach against opponents?

I may have overlooked it, but I think you only see your opponents basic stats (Stand Up, Clinch, Ground ratings).

And you have to figure out your own gameplan. You may get events to trigger going into your training camp like "your teammate flew out of the country to train, so you get more time to work with your wrestling coach. You'll get added boosts to all Ground training." But nothing in the way of the game suggesting strategies for each fighter.

# 28 Thetruth9012 @ 03/10/16 06:24 PM
So nobody talking about GNP finish animation?

Figthers looks like dead man but they should be scramble to save their life what is this?

# 29 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/11/16 12:44 AM
Had no idea Daniel Cormier could do this.....completely caught me off guard.

# 30 Freakywwe @ 03/11/16 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Had no idea Daniel Cormier could do this.....completely caught me off guard.

Yeah got caght in one of these earlier. Got out at the last second.

On another note I'm finding hard to be a lot better then Pro. On pro I was dominating everyone within a round. On hard I've had some good 4/5 round brawls and decisions. Seems odd that the CPU would preform better on hard then pro?

# 31 SgtDillznick @ 03/11/16 09:19 AM
A quick question for you lucky folks with the early access:

In event mode, do you have to play all of the fights? Or can you fight one and simulate the other fights in the card? Asking because I'm thinking of running the universe mode with the spreadsheets you guys have provided and I really don't want to fight every fight. Thanks in advance.

# 32 aholbert32 @ 03/11/16 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Yeah got caght in one of these earlier. Got out at the last second.

On another note I'm finding hard to be a lot better then Pro. On pro I was dominating everyone within a round. On hard I've had some good 4/5 round brawls and decisions. Seems odd that the CPU would preform better on hard then pro?
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I thought I was going crazy for a minute.

# 33 aholbert32 @ 03/11/16 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDillznick
A quick question for you lucky folks with the early access:

In event mode, do you have to play all of the fights? Or can you fight one and simulate the other fights in the card? Asking because I'm thinking of running the universe mode with the spreadsheets you guys have provided and I really don't want to fight every fight. Thanks in advance.
No simulations and thats disappointing because I think you could sim a fight in UFC 3.

# 34 Money99 @ 03/11/16 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No simulations and thats disappointing because I think you could sim a fight in UFC 3.
That's too bad. I'd love to have this option as well.
I was going to only partake in 1 or 2 fights per card and sim the rest.

Hopefully they add this in the next UFC 3.

# 35 aholbert32 @ 03/11/16 09:28 AM
Quote:
That's too bad. I'd love to have this option as well.
I was going to only partake in 1 or 2 fights per card and sim the rest.

Hopefully they add this in the next UFC 3.
Hopefully its part of a Universe Mode. FYI, I mentioned Universe mode to the devs again so they are very aware of it. Fingers crossed that they try to develop it.

# 36 Thetruth9012 @ 03/11/16 11:38 AM
Quote:
Hopefully its part of a Universe Mode. FYI, I mentioned Universe mode to the devs again so they are very aware of it. Fingers crossed that they try to develop it.
Universe mode for ufc 2 or ufc 3? I hope it will be on ufc 2.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 37 aholbert32 @ 03/11/16 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Universe mode for ufc 2 or ufc 3? I hope it will be on ufc 2.

I seriously doubt that it will be added as a patch or DLC for UFC 2. That mode is too big to just throw into a patch.

# 38 Thetruth9012 @ 03/11/16 11:51 AM
Quote:
I seriously doubt that it will be added as a patch or DLC for UFC 2. That mode is too big to just throw into a patch.
And you kill the dream.

# 39 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/11/16 11:52 AM
Loving the game, downloaded through EA access, looks beautiful and plays great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 40 jeremym480 @ 03/11/16 11:56 AM
I played quite a few fights last night and it was a blast. I destroyed Aldo with McGregor a couple of times on Normal so I decided to go up to Hard and start my "Universe". I got blasted by the CPU 6-2 in my first card.

I have to get better at stopping takedowns and I was getting killed by ground and pound. I need to practice a little more, but once I do I should have some good and competitive fights ahead of me.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.