Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

The EA Sports UFC 2 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers (queue it up here), a day earlier than expected, which is typically the case nowadays. Subscribers of the Xbox One exclusive service, can play the full game for 10 hours.

Quote:
The ten-hour clock only ticks when the game is open, so if you want to conserve your time, make sure you close the game when you're finished playing. If you continue the fight once UFC 2 releases on March 15 - all the progress you make carries over, including Career Mode advancement and UFC Ultimate Team. EA Access members also save 10% when they buy UFC 2 digitally, just like with all EA digital purchases.

If you're a subscriber, download it and post your impressions!

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CujoMatty @ 03/11/16 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I played quite a few fights last night and it was a blast. I destroyed Aldo with McGregor a couple of times on Normal so I decided to go up to Hard and start my "Universe". I got blasted by the CPU 6-2 in my first card.

I have to get better at stopping takedowns and I was getting killed by ground and pound. I need to practice a little more, but once I do I should have some good and competitive fights ahead of me.
I was thinking of staying away from this. Ufc games for me have been too hard and that's not the games fault, I just suck. Having EA access figured I'd try anyways. Glad I did. The games not easier it just makes more sense and the on screen info helps a lot. I actually almost submitted a guy in a rear naked choke and I probably would've but I panicked being that I have never been that close to getting a submission before.
Ill be picking this up.

One thing I still don't understand. It says counter ground transitions with right trigger and right stick. How do you know which direction to move the right stick?

# 42 fballturkey @ 03/11/16 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I was thinking of staying away from this. Ufc games for me have been too hard and that's not the games fault, I just suck. Having EA access figured I'd try anyways. Glad I did. The games not easier it just makes more sense and the on screen info helps a lot. I actually almost submitted a guy in a rear naked choke and I probably would've but I panicked being that I have never been that close to getting a submission before.
Ill be picking this up.

One thing I still don't understand. It says counter ground transitions with right trigger and right stick. How do you know which direction to move the right stick?
You have to read it from which direction the fighter is moving. If you go in to practice mode it'll tell you which direction when you hold down the trigger and the CPU is transitioning.

# 43 Flightwhite24 @ 03/11/16 09:30 PM
Never been really decent at any of the UFC titles but I will definitely be picking this one up digitally Monday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 44 didi1 @ 03/11/16 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Ill be picking this up.

It can be tricky sometimes, but like fballturkey said, you have to read the opponent's movement. Practice mode should be able to help a lot. I'm very glad to hear that people are able to pick up and just play the game and not be completely clueless.

# 45 RUFFNREADY @ 03/12/16 12:38 AM
This game rocks! Knockout mode is good, for a quick in and out game.

-Video brought to you by Xboxdvr.com-

# 46 kingsofthevalley @ 03/12/16 05:05 AM
Is anyone familiar with a way to the get the trial hours doubled under the same save slot? I don't mind if its a monetary thing (another access download) I would just like it to be so that I can still utilize the same created fighters and keep the progress I have under my original gamertag.

# 47 aholbert32 @ 03/12/16 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Is anyone familiar with a way to the get the trial hours doubled under the same save slot? I don't mind if its a monetary thing (another access download) I would just like it to be so that I can still utilize the same created fighters and keep the progress I have under my original gamertag.
No way to do it. you have to use another profile.

# 48 dazzelle @ 03/12/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No simulations and thats disappointing because I think you could sim a fight in UFC 3.
Can you set it on CPU vs CPU and let it run/watch it ?

# 49 aholbert32 @ 03/12/16 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
Can you set it on CPU vs CPU and let it run/watch it ?

Yes u can.

# 50 kingsofthevalley @ 03/12/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Damn, that sucks. It says I have less than 3 hours left and I still have the WHOLE weekend ahead of me. Devs should allow more trial time to be bought under your profile.

# 51 fballturkey @ 03/12/16 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Damn, that sucks. It says I have less than 3 hours left and I still have the WHOLE weekend ahead of me. Devs should allow more trial time to be bought under your profile.
Or put in some sort of check where if you already bought the game you can just keep playing.

# 52 CaliDude916 @ 03/13/16 12:50 AM
Submissions are ridiculously hard to pull off.

# 53 woody2goody @ 03/13/16 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
They're not that bad once you get the hang of it, after a few attempts you will see what others are doing and also get the movements programmed into your own brain if that makes sense.

At least that was the case on the last game, I haven't tried this one yet.

What I will say though is don't give up on them, you never know when it will be vital to pull one off

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 54 urlacher51 @ 03/13/16 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
I've spent just an hour on my trial in the submissions tutorial and its really hard for me. I wish they would have made some kind of controls like they did in ufc 3, they had pro controls and amateur controls, i think thats what they were called , the pro controls were for the hardcore guys and the amateur controls were for the new and casual ufc 3 players. It sucks but when i play this game i have realized i can't use submissions, so i don't even bother playing with guys like Royce Gracie and so on. I just try to win with Stand up and ground and pound.

# 55 aholbert32 @ 03/13/16 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
I've spent just an hour on my trial in the submissions tutorial and its really hard for me. I wish they would have made some kind of controls like they did in ufc 3, they had pro controls and amateur controls, i think thats what they were called , the pro controls were for the hardcore guys and the amateur controls were for the new and casual ufc 3 players. It sucks but when i play this game i have realized i can't use submissions, so i don't even bother playing with guys like Royce Gracie and so on. I just try to win with Stand up and ground and pound.
You need to practice or lower the difficulty. You cant expect to pull off submissions regularly from 3 days of having the game. Also who you are using, what sub you are attempting and your opponent's stamina all play a role in pulling off a sub. Keep at it and you will eventually get it.

# 56 urlacher51 @ 03/13/16 02:46 PM
Quote:
You need to practice or lower the difficulty. You cant expect to pull off submissions regularly from 3 days of having the game. Also who you are using, what sub you are attempting and your opponent's stamina all play a role in pulling off a sub. Keep at it and you will eventually get it.

i play on normal , also i had a hard time with subs on ufc 1. When the game comes out on tuesday i will practice more and i do like the game i just wish they had a control layout that was more casual friendly when your were doing submissions. I am 42 and i know i don't have the stick skills as with alot of the younger guys.

# 57 Thetruth9012 @ 03/13/16 03:30 PM
Sports games should be in 60fps it would be much better than now

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 58 Flightwhite24 @ 03/13/16 05:28 PM
Well Pre-Order is payed and downloaded. I am really enjoying the EA Access trial. I'm not very good but I'm getting better[emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 theEDGE5 @ 03/13/16 05:59 PM
Not liking the game at all to be honest...same key problem as the last one, it's just way too fast paced and arcade for me. Grappling seems good, if you can get the hang of the controls, and there are a few other things which I liked such as the KO physics, but ultimately just not for me...

# 60 CujoMatty @ 03/13/16 08:49 PM
Quote:
In madden, FIFA and nhl if you created a new profile and bought another ea accesss subscription you could still continúe your Progress. madden I ended up getting 30 hours of trials. Is that not the case with ufc?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.