Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 is available today in stores! We are currently working on a first impressions piece and our review (which should be live late tonight or tomorrow!).

This year's game features a plethora of improvements, including dynamic grappling, a new Ultimate Team mode, and new game modes.

Want to learn how to play EA Sports UFC 2? EA Sports created several gameplay tutorial videos, which you can find here.

Make sure you get some fights in, try out the other features in the game and post your impressions here!

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 JoeMimic @ 03/17/16 12:47 AM
Computer seems to still rely on parries way too much in my opinion. Also the simulation stuff in career mode is pretty much unchanged it feels like. Some people fight all the time (Ronda is 17-7 now in 2018) or not at all Ashlee Evans Smith is (6-3 in 2018) Oddly enough the champ is showing as Holm still at 11-0 and all the other champs are the current ones in real life with the exception of my division (170) where Gastelum is now champ.

# 62 Hiro1 @ 03/17/16 12:58 AM
Just had a 5 round online where we spent most of the fight on the ground Straw weights. At the end both girls had 95% of their permanent stamina.

# 63 RLebron12 @ 03/17/16 02:33 AM
Just went the distance as GSP...even Rogan during the highlights was saying how he believes GSP won with more significant strikes landed and control....but the judges give it to Lawler?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 64 woody2goody @ 03/17/16 05:15 AM
After about 60 fights online yesterday, I've come up with a pros and cons list:

Pros:

- GREAT graphics and character models
- You can be finished quickly if you make mistakes, and you can also win very quickly which is a part of MMA.
- Massive and varied roster
- Ground game is much more fluid
- Event Mode!
- Online play is really smooth and for the most part lag free
- The submission system is just as good as it was before, and more varied submission situations, such as in the clinch make that part of the game more significant.
- Online Championships feel more important than the old system

Cons:

- Nowhere near enough penalty for near-constant striking. I shouldn't be worse off stamina-wise for blocking 6 or 7 shots in a row than the person throwing them.

- Spinning kicks are too accurate, especially from close range, and there is no real penalty for missing them.

- Body spammers are back with a vengeance now the block has been separated into high and low. Also many body kicks arrive quicker than the time it takes to initiate your blocks.

- It takes too long to throw strikes on the ground. I don't know if that's because strikes interrupt transitions and vice-versa, but to me I should get a position and be able to strike instantly. I'm fine if that means I get transitioned on, but I'm not fine if it doesn't let me throw the strike in the first place.

- Barely ever being able to land any shots when you have the opponent rocked is the most frustrating thing, and it hasn't got any better. Even when you do the monkey arm punches, it seems like nothing goes through even if you throw 10 in a row.
My fighter should not slow to a crawl after they have rocked the opponent but I know this has been discussed here a fair bit. It does allow fights to continue longer so I suppose that's a good thing in a some respects.

- Reach is still king in a world of no accuracy rating. It can be done, but it's tough to land meaningful shots to the head with a shorter fighter. Plus the likes of Gustafsson, Jones, Holm etc seem to have a major advantage.

I know reach matters in the real UFC, but with the fighter movement being as it is, a taller opponent can just walk backwards when a shorter fighter is throwing and they will evade nearly every time.

You have to get inside with a shorter fighter to be successful and this game makes it very difficult.

This is a large improvement over UFC 1 nevertheless. I'm interested to see whether everyone else has had similar feelings so far.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 65 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 03/17/16 05:38 AM
the feel of the game is weird now with the last patch. I'm blocking but I feel it not blocking.

# 66 aholbert32 @ 03/17/16 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
the feel of the game is weird now with the last patch. I'm blocking but I feel it not blocking.
That's weird because I don't think the new patch tweaked blocking at all accept for removing the auto hit stun from top mount when u land one strike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 67 aholbert32 @ 03/17/16 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Just had a 5 round online where we spent most of the fight on the ground Straw weights. At the end both girls had 95% of their permanent stamina.
You found my biggest complaint with the game. The ground game only affects temp stamina and does nothing with perm stamina.

# 68 aholbert32 @ 03/17/16 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I find the ground game absolutely bad. The advantage in BJJ/MMA when a good to great wrestler or BJJ practitioner has someone in a dominant position is absolutley massive. If Demian Maia grabs a dude - there's a very good chance that person is going to get tapped or at least swarmed until the next bell. In this game, in my opinion, the CPU has uncanny reflexes and can stop/reverse a lot of things with ease, despite their RL abilities. Also as a human player against the CPU I find you basically just trade positions over and over again because having the reflexes to stop every single movement and manage stamina is almost impossible. It's certainly not fun.
This happens a lot if you are only looking to transition and not block transitions. That helps you build grapple advantage. If you mix strikes and block transitions, you see this happen a lot less when u are in Dom position. On bottom, it's already difficult to trade positions because the AI is decent at blocking transitions.

# 69 aholbert32 @ 03/17/16 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Idk how I feel about this game. Only high level BJJ guys should be able to sweep from half guard bottom. In this game, it seems like everyone can do it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I want to look into this because only people with a higher level bjj sweep move set should be able to do that sweep. I actually have seen any sweeps from half guard in my games.

Now I've seen the half guard reversal more than I like because that seems like the AIs go to transition from half guard. A half guard reversal isn't that difficult to pull off in real life if a person isn't blocking. Plus I think the transition tell is easy to see so u can usually block it.

# 70 Thetruth9012 @ 03/17/16 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
After about 60 fights online yesterday, I've come up with a pros and cons list:

Pros:

- GREAT graphics and character models
- You can be finished quickly if you make mistakes, and you can also win very quickly which is a part of MMA.
- Massive and varied roster
- Ground game is much more fluid
- Event Mode!
- Online play is really smooth and for the most part lag free
- The submission system is just as good as it was before, and more varied submission situations, such as in the clinch make that part of the game more significant.
- Online Championships feel more important than the old system

Cons:

- Nowhere near enough penalty for near-constant striking. I shouldn't be worse off stamina-wise for blocking 6 or 7 shots in a row than the person throwing them.

- Spinning kicks are too accurate, especially from close range, and there is no real penalty for missing them.

- Body spammers are back with a vengeance now the block has been separated into high and low. Also many body kicks arrive quicker than the time it takes to initiate your blocks.

- It takes too long to throw strikes on the ground. I don't know if that's because strikes interrupt transitions and vice-versa, but to me I should get a position and be able to strike instantly. I'm fine if that means I get transitioned on, but I'm not fine if it doesn't let me throw the strike in the first place.

- Barely ever being able to land any shots when you have the opponent rocked is the most frustrating thing, and it hasn't got any better. Even when you do the monkey arm punches, it seems like nothing goes through even if you throw 10 in a row.
My fighter should not slow to a crawl after they have rocked the opponent but I know this has been discussed here a fair bit. It does allow fights to continue longer so I suppose that's a good thing in a some respects.

- Reach is still king in a world of no accuracy rating. It can be done, but it's tough to land meaningful shots to the head with a shorter fighter. Plus the likes of Gustafsson, Jones, Holm etc seem to have a major advantage.

I know reach matters in the real UFC, but with the fighter movement being as it is, a taller opponent can just walk backwards when a shorter fighter is throwing and they will evade nearly every time.

You have to get inside with a shorter fighter to be successful and this game makes it very difficult.

This is a large improvement over UFC 1 nevertheless. I'm interested to see whether everyone else has had similar feelings so far.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I agree with YOu if they patch this it will be GREAT

# 71 DaveDQ @ 03/17/16 08:20 AM
I feel like in the presentation dept., this is another EA Sports game that relies heavily on the brand name and then drops off. Parts of the game have good presentation style, others feel dull. In between rounds, where both fighters do that tired sigh animation really wears thin. It appears to often. Even at the end of a fight, with replays and commentary, it's very bland and lifeless.

So while it's great to have the UFC brand, commentators and lifelike fighters, it would be nice if those things went deeper and added more meaning to the experience.

# 72 rafaelpaolo84 @ 03/17/16 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I feel like in the presentation dept., this is another EA Sports game that relies heavily on the brand name and then drops off. Parts of the game have good presentation style, others feel dull. In between rounds, where both fighters do that tired sigh animation really wears thin. It appears to often. Even at the end of a fight, with replays and commentary, it's very bland and lifeless.

So while it's great to have the UFC brand, commentators and lifelike fighters, it would be nice if those things went deeper and added more meaning to the experience.
Agreed, it's very underwhelming. A lot of areas in this game are.

Btw, anyone else hate the half-guard position in this game? And I don't mean gameplay wise, but just the look of it, with both hands of the top fighter resting on the bottom fighter's chest. It's just a weird position to see, esp since the ground game here is not as "active" as let's say UFC3. Even EA MMA had a better looking half-guard imo. Minor thing but it just really annoys me.

I also don't like the single-leg takedown animations. It's like they're trying to be cool with the animation, but it just gets old quickly. I'd like to see more of the simple, driving forward and down single and double leg takedowns.

I have so many annoyances with this game. For the amount of time that they worked on it and the history of MMA games that came before it, this just feels like an underwhelming product.

That said, I do enjoy playing it.

# 73 BDKiiing @ 03/17/16 12:21 PM
I already hate playing randoms online. Last night had a guy playing as Max Holloway, I was Dillashaw. I was able to take him down at will and get submission attempts. But he kept calling me a ***** for not standing and trading, then when I took him down and postured up and finished him with ground and pound he quit on me before it was over. I guess I know now why I rarely play games online.

# 74 Phobia @ 03/17/16 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I already hate playing randoms online. Last night had a guy playing as Max Holloway, I was Dillashaw. I was able to take him down at will and get submission attempts. But he kept calling me a ***** for not standing and trading, then when I took him down and postured up and finished him with ground and pound he quit on me before it was over. I guess I know now why I rarely play games online.
I tend to just laugh at them.....don't let it work you up.

This guy was saying before the match started "I'm going to whoop your mother******* ***". so I faked a touch gloves and took him down for the win lol.
https://www.twitch.tv/phobiaos/v/54957791

This one spammed special moves and when I beat him did the same thing.....quit.
https://www.twitch.tv/phobiaos/v/54957890

# 75 pdandy @ 03/17/16 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I always mute when playing random people. If I don't, I start feeling sad for humanity.

# 76 TarHeelPhenom @ 03/17/16 01:24 PM
I must say that i am really enjoying this game. I love the unknown...that KO dynamic. I like the fact that different figbters have different strengths. I also love the on-screen commands...especially for dudes like myself who is a fan but not hardcore and may not have a full understanding of what to do in certain situations. All i have played so far is ranked online and its really been enjoyable believe it or not. As a guy who was a hardcore Fight Night dude, it makes me wonder what they could do with boxing.

# 77 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/17/16 01:44 PM
EA made Daniel Cormier a submission god. Since when was he able to do chain submissions in real life ? In the game he can do them with ease. I seen him go from a rear naked choke to an arm bar.

I feel the window for take down reversals and take down counter submissions is too damn small. Seem like the CPU at times can take you down INSTANTLY with no delay. At least that is how it felt when I fought against Frankie Edgar with BJ Penn.

Leg kicks need to be taken back to how it was in the beta. Now they are too weak and feel like they are cosmetic only. I haven't seen a leg kick TKO in the retail version of the game at all, even with landing over 50 hard leg kicks with people with high powerful leg kicks in real life.

Lunges needs to be re-worked or something. Seem like the human USER is always moving slower then the CPU. The CPU back pedal speed is quicker then the human speed moving forward, even when the CPU is stunned. Almost feels like weight doesn't matter or every fighter can move at the same speed. Big fat dudes move faster then slimmer dudes around the octagon.

The score card judging at times makes no sense at all. The game is awesome but these little things annoy the hell out of me.

# 78 Hiro1 @ 03/17/16 04:35 PM
Made it to division 4 in Title chase online. With a great record. Now I win a fight maybe every 6 fights lo. Talk about humble pie. Smh I want to go back to Div 3

# 79 The JareBear @ 03/17/16 06:13 PM
I only got the game today, and have only fought twice against the CPU on hard. Right now I have mixed feelings, not gonna lie.

I need to get a lot more time before I jump to any conclusions though.

# 80 Thetruth9012 @ 03/17/16 07:27 PM
Quick question

When opponent is hurt can i submit him ? (talking about recover mode on the ground)

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.