Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2016, 02:33 AM   #65
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

Just went the distance as GSP...even Rogan during the highlights was saying how he believes GSP won with more significant strikes landed and control....but the judges give it to Lawler?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 05:15 AM   #66
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

After about 60 fights online yesterday, I've come up with a pros and cons list:

Pros:

- GREAT graphics and character models
- You can be finished quickly if you make mistakes, and you can also win very quickly which is a part of MMA.
- Massive and varied roster
- Ground game is much more fluid
- Event Mode!
- Online play is really smooth and for the most part lag free
- The submission system is just as good as it was before, and more varied submission situations, such as in the clinch make that part of the game more significant.
- Online Championships feel more important than the old system

Cons:

- Nowhere near enough penalty for near-constant striking. I shouldn't be worse off stamina-wise for blocking 6 or 7 shots in a row than the person throwing them.

- Spinning kicks are too accurate, especially from close range, and there is no real penalty for missing them.

- Body spammers are back with a vengeance now the block has been separated into high and low. Also many body kicks arrive quicker than the time it takes to initiate your blocks.

- It takes too long to throw strikes on the ground. I don't know if that's because strikes interrupt transitions and vice-versa, but to me I should get a position and be able to strike instantly. I'm fine if that means I get transitioned on, but I'm not fine if it doesn't let me throw the strike in the first place.

- Barely ever being able to land any shots when you have the opponent rocked is the most frustrating thing, and it hasn't got any better. Even when you do the monkey arm punches, it seems like nothing goes through even if you throw 10 in a row.
My fighter should not slow to a crawl after they have rocked the opponent but I know this has been discussed here a fair bit. It does allow fights to continue longer so I suppose that's a good thing in a some respects.

- Reach is still king in a world of no accuracy rating. It can be done, but it's tough to land meaningful shots to the head with a shorter fighter. Plus the likes of Gustafsson, Jones, Holm etc seem to have a major advantage.

I know reach matters in the real UFC, but with the fighter movement being as it is, a taller opponent can just walk backwards when a shorter fighter is throwing and they will evade nearly every time.

You have to get inside with a shorter fighter to be successful and this game makes it very difficult.

This is a large improvement over UFC 1 nevertheless. I'm interested to see whether everyone else has had similar feelings so far.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2016, 05:38 AM   #67
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

the feel of the game is weird now with the last patch. I'm blocking but I feel it not blocking.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #68
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
the feel of the game is weird now with the last patch. I'm blocking but I feel it not blocking.
That's weird because I don't think the new patch tweaked blocking at all accept for removing the auto hit stun from top mount when u land one strike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Just had a 5 round online where we spent most of the fight on the ground Straw weights. At the end both girls had 95% of their permanent stamina.
You found my biggest complaint with the game. The ground game only affects temp stamina and does nothing with perm stamina.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:34 AM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I find the ground game absolutely bad. The advantage in BJJ/MMA when a good to great wrestler or BJJ practitioner has someone in a dominant position is absolutley massive. If Demian Maia grabs a dude - there's a very good chance that person is going to get tapped or at least swarmed until the next bell. In this game, in my opinion, the CPU has uncanny reflexes and can stop/reverse a lot of things with ease, despite their RL abilities. Also as a human player against the CPU I find you basically just trade positions over and over again because having the reflexes to stop every single movement and manage stamina is almost impossible. It's certainly not fun.
This happens a lot if you are only looking to transition and not block transitions. That helps you build grapple advantage. If you mix strikes and block transitions, you see this happen a lot less when u are in Dom position. On bottom, it's already difficult to trade positions because the AI is decent at blocking transitions.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Idk how I feel about this game. Only high level BJJ guys should be able to sweep from half guard bottom. In this game, it seems like everyone can do it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I want to look into this because only people with a higher level bjj sweep move set should be able to do that sweep. I actually have seen any sweeps from half guard in my games.

Now I've seen the half guard reversal more than I like because that seems like the AIs go to transition from half guard. A half guard reversal isn't that difficult to pull off in real life if a person isn't blocking. Plus I think the transition tell is easy to see so u can usually block it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 08:01 AM   #72
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
After about 60 fights online yesterday, I've come up with a pros and cons list:

Pros:

- GREAT graphics and character models
- You can be finished quickly if you make mistakes, and you can also win very quickly which is a part of MMA.
- Massive and varied roster
- Ground game is much more fluid
- Event Mode!
- Online play is really smooth and for the most part lag free
- The submission system is just as good as it was before, and more varied submission situations, such as in the clinch make that part of the game more significant.
- Online Championships feel more important than the old system

Cons:

- Nowhere near enough penalty for near-constant striking. I shouldn't be worse off stamina-wise for blocking 6 or 7 shots in a row than the person throwing them.

- Spinning kicks are too accurate, especially from close range, and there is no real penalty for missing them.

- Body spammers are back with a vengeance now the block has been separated into high and low. Also many body kicks arrive quicker than the time it takes to initiate your blocks.

- It takes too long to throw strikes on the ground. I don't know if that's because strikes interrupt transitions and vice-versa, but to me I should get a position and be able to strike instantly. I'm fine if that means I get transitioned on, but I'm not fine if it doesn't let me throw the strike in the first place.

- Barely ever being able to land any shots when you have the opponent rocked is the most frustrating thing, and it hasn't got any better. Even when you do the monkey arm punches, it seems like nothing goes through even if you throw 10 in a row.
My fighter should not slow to a crawl after they have rocked the opponent but I know this has been discussed here a fair bit. It does allow fights to continue longer so I suppose that's a good thing in a some respects.

- Reach is still king in a world of no accuracy rating. It can be done, but it's tough to land meaningful shots to the head with a shorter fighter. Plus the likes of Gustafsson, Jones, Holm etc seem to have a major advantage.

I know reach matters in the real UFC, but with the fighter movement being as it is, a taller opponent can just walk backwards when a shorter fighter is throwing and they will evade nearly every time.

You have to get inside with a shorter fighter to be successful and this game makes it very difficult.

This is a large improvement over UFC 1 nevertheless. I'm interested to see whether everyone else has had similar feelings so far.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I agree with YOu if they patch this it will be GREAT

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »