Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2016, 08:45 AM   #33
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

Anyone else finding the ground and pound a bit too easy? I'm finishing fights within a minute because I get top Mount and just ground and pound till I get the TKO

Is it just me? Or are others finding this to be a bit easy as well?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #34
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

My problem is it seems like the cpu never loses stamina , I've had bouts go into the 5th round and i would have half of a stamina bar and the cpu would still have a good amount, its like the stamina bar didn't move much for the cpu from the 2nd round to the 5th round. And this is on normal.

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Old 03-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
My problem is it seems like the cpu never loses stamina , I've had bouts go into the 5th round and i would have half of a stamina bar and the cpu would still have a good amount, its like the stamina bar didn't move much for the cpu from the 2nd round to the 5th round. And this is on normal.
Its likely your strike output is higher than the CPU's. Your opponent stamina stats, the number of strikes you throw and miss and where you strikes are landing (body kicks take more stamina than leg kicks) all play into perm stamina.

With that said, EA has made a decision not to make perm stamina uber realistic so unless you are fighting LHW/HW, you wont likely see people gassing much in the late rounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its likely your strike output is higher than the CPU's. Your opponent stamina stats, the number of strikes you throw and miss and where you strikes are landing (body kicks take more stamina than leg kicks) all play into perm stamina.

With that said, EA has made a decision not to make perm stamina uber realistic so unless you are fighting LHW/HW, you wont likely see people gassing much in the late rounds.
I don't have the game, but is there a way to adjust stamina to make it more realistic?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #37
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

So correct me if i'm wrong in this thinking, EA wants the cpu to always have a advantage in stamina in the later rounds? Regardless if i'm not missing a lot of shots and i'm landing a lot of shots and working the body? Except for two weight classes? If so that sucks, not a game breaker but disappointing tho.

( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Old 03-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #38
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillmattic
I don't have the game, but is there a way to adjust stamina to make it more realistic?
Nope, no sliders. Ea would have to patch it.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #39

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

I really like the gameplay, but I hate career mode. It's probably the worst career mode I've ever played, in any game. There's literally ZERO interaction between your fighter and the world around him. I can't see my fight history, I can't really know what's going on (the news section with 1 liners is simply not enough), all the fights look the same, doesn't matter if it's an undercard or a main event title fight. I had a 23-3 score and was a reigning middleweight champion when I was forced to retire because "I wasn't entertaining enough" and I was quickly losing popularity, even though my popularity meter was filling up. Also, 22 of the 23 wins were by knockout so I really don't know how to be entertaining. I only had one KO of the night and zero fights of the night, even though multiple fights went into the 3rd/5th round and still ended with a KO. Also, when you retire the game just says you retired. There's no ceremony, no hall of fame, no real end to you career, just the "choose fight" option turns into "retired".

I honestly can't even describe how disappointed I am with career mode. It sucks even more because the gameplay is incredibly fun and I absolutely love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 03-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
So correct me if i'm wrong in this thinking, EA wants the cpu to always have a advantage in stamina in the later rounds? Regardless if i'm not missing a lot of shots and i'm landing a lot of shots and working the body? Except for two weight classes? If so that sucks, not a game breaker but disappointing tho.
No, EA doesnt want the CPU to have an advantage in perm stamina everytime. Like I said, it depends on a number of factors.

For example if the AI is using Mark Hunt (who has low stamina) and I have Cain Velasquez (who has high stamina) and we do the same number of moves and movements...the AI will have lower stamina. If I'm working the body and landing shots....the Ai will have lower stamina. If I hurt Hunt and causse health events...the AI will have lower stamina.

Now if I'm constantly moving, throwing more than the AI and missing more than the AI, I will likely have lower stamina.

The reason I said LHW/HW are the weight classes you will see it more often is because those classes have a lower stamina ceiling. So fighters in those classes are more likely to gas out and it will be more noticeable.

My point about EA's position on perm stamina is to say if you are expecting Flyweights or Lightweights to gas, you arent likely to see it. You will see them gas if their temp stamina is low (temp stamina is pretty good imo) but you will rarely see low perm stamina for the lower weight classes. The reason behind this is an appeal to casual fans.

Casual fans are more likely to button spam and if perm stamina was too harsh they would find the game unresponsive and not enjoyable. I've suggested to EA that they should include a stamina slider for offline and add it by patch so that people who want realistic perm stamina can get it. I'm hoping that this can happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »