Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Swing For The Fences and Primetime Performers Diamond Dynasty packs are available now, and throughout the weekend for MLB The Show 16, costing 5,000 stubs per pack.

Check out the details below and if you purchase any packs, let us know what you received.

Swing For The Fences Pack

3 Player Cards, More than double the chance for Gold and Diamond, Best chance to get the following newly introduced players
  • Rookie Prince Fielder
  • Rookie Jose Bautista
  • Rookie Giancarlo Stanton
  • Prime Adrian Gonzalez
  • Prime Andre Ether
Primetime Performers Pack

3 Player Cards, More than double the chance for Gold and Diamond, Best chance to get the following newly introduced players
  • Rookie Max Scherzer
  • Rookie Corey Kluber
  • Prime Joaquin Benoit
  • Prime Miguel Cabrera
  • Legend Luis Tiant
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 freedz @ 04/22/16 02:51 PM
How much are they?

# 2 FloorGeneral @ 04/22/16 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedz
How much are they?
5,000. I think I'm gonna pass. That's a lot for 3 cards, regardless of who you get.

# 3 STB Bodam @ 04/22/16 03:17 PM
I just bought two packs, one of each kind...

The best card out of each pack was Mike Napoli and AJ Pierzynski. Yeah, these packs suck.

Then again, I bought a 20-pack deal right after and all I got was some crappy Gold equipment cards, Yasiel Puig and Luke Gregerson (oh, and like my 80th Ian Desmond card).

# 4 p00p1 @ 04/22/16 03:21 PM
Are all players bronze or better? Or did you get commons too?

# 5 STB Bodam @ 04/22/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Are all players bronze or better? Or did you get commons too?
Come to think of it, yeah every player was Bronze. So, at least there are no commons but at a price like that you should be guaranteed one Silver or better per pack.

# 6 Ruffychu @ 04/22/16 03:39 PM
I bought 2 packs just cuz... And I got a Matt Holiday silver and 2 bronze and a David Murphy silver and 2 bronze. Well spent 10k 👍

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 7 yankeesgiants @ 04/22/16 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB Bodam
I just bought two packs, one of each kind...

The best card out of each pack was Mike Napoli and AJ Pierzynski. Yeah, these packs suck.

Then again, I bought a 20-pack deal right after and all I got was some crappy Gold equipment cards, Yasiel Puig and Luke Gregerson (oh, and like my 80th Ian Desmond card).

# 8 Shakedowncapo @ 04/22/16 04:02 PM
Bought 5 packs. Pulled Correa twice and Cano. I'll hold on to them...values are about to tank and then they'll go back up when the packs go away.

# 9 Brandwin @ 04/22/16 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Not worth it.
Nope, bought some and didn't get crap... don't know why I keep fooling with packs.

# 10 Dolenz @ 04/22/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffychu
More than double the chance for Gold and Diamond

Doubling the chance of something that is 1/100 or 1/1000 (whatever the actual odds are) still gives you crappy odds.

Not worth the extra 4,000 stubs over a standard pack in my opinion.

# 11 Mercury112491 @ 04/22/16 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Doubling the chance of something that is 1/100 or 1/1000 (whatever the actual odds are) still gives you crappy odds.

Was just about to post this. The odds are so minuscule of pulling a diamond or gold that doubling doesn't really do much.

# 12 Ruffychu @ 04/22/16 04:17 PM
Quote:

Lol those aren't my words 😁. Digital deluxe plus about at least 150 packs opened not one diamond and 2 golds and 1 diamond equipment... Ironically I've gotten 2 gold reward cards (Dee Gordon and Brantley) after online franchise games. Flipping is profitable. I just felt like maybe the RNG gods would bless me... WRONG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Nope, bought some and didn't get crap... don't know why I keep fooling with packs.

# 13 Dolenz @ 04/22/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffychu
Lol those aren't my words 😁. Digital deluxe plus about at least 150 packs opened not one diamond and 2 golds and 1 diamond equipment... Ironically I've gotten 2 gold reward cards (Dee Gordon and Brantley) after online franchise games. Flipping is profitable. I just felt like maybe the RNG gods would bless me... WRONG

Yeah, know those are just the marketing hype for those packs. I just pulled them out of your post.

# 14 Ruffychu @ 04/22/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Yeah, know those are just the marketing hype for those packs. I just pulled them out of your post.
I'll be sitting on weekend watching these prices drop

# 15 braves3526 @ 04/22/16 04:31 PM
I sold a ton of stuff and used 35k for these packs. I got 2 silvers and the rest were bronze

Honestly I'd have to say it feels like I said, "Hey SDS I heard you guys were doing something fun, I'd like to participate!"
And then they spit in my face...
And then they sh!t on me...

# 16 CSUFresnoClassof2011 @ 04/22/16 04:34 PM
Bought one of each hoping to pull the two players I need to complete the Mariners & Brewers. Ended up with JD Martinez & Matt Holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 17 cttooch @ 04/22/16 04:36 PM
are you able to pull these new cards out of the usual standard packs?

# 18 Sethward79 @ 04/22/16 06:17 PM
Forgot who I pulled out of one pack but it was two bronze and a low silver that was IE'd to 72/73. I opened that pack and just sat there thinking "I should ask for my stubs back, what a rip".

Doubling our odds for a diamond is not beneficial when you cut the number of cards given by more than 50%.

# 19 longolongoria3 @ 04/22/16 07:13 PM
I see that prices are down big across the board. Will they go back up? I have a Syndergaard card that I wanted to hold on to if/when he goes diamond along with a few other gold cards. Is this a temporary dip due to the packs being avalible and a good time to buy or a new normal prices since new gold and diamond card are hitting the market and a time to sell before they drop more? Thanks for any feedback, I'm not familiar with how prices fluctuate so soon after release.

# 20 Syce @ 04/22/16 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethward79
Forgot who I pulled out of one pack but it was two bronze and a low silver that was IE'd to 72/73. I opened that pack and just sat there thinking "I should ask for my stubs back, what a rip".

Doubling our odds for a diamond is not beneficial when you cut the number of cards given by more than 50%.
the new packs just have to be a gimmick, all they are there for is for stub sinks

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.