Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour May Update (1.09) is now available, just in time for Xbox One EA Access subscribers to check it out.

Below are the details on the update:
  • Various Oakmont fixes.
  • Various play now game mode fixes.
  • Added more audio lines to generic audio buckets.
  • Added more audio lines for specific licensed golfers.
  • Updated Career to have the 3 Licensed Major Tournaments rotate the course that is played in each season
    • U.S. Open will rotate between Chambers Bay and Oakmont.
    • The Open Championship will rotate between St. Andrews and Royal Troon.
    • PGA Championship will rotate between Whistling Straits and Quail Hollow.
  • Converted Oakmont to have U.S. Open structures when in Play Now.
  • Converted Royal Troon to have Open Championship structures when in Play Now.
  • Converted Quail Hollow to have PGA Championship structures when in Play Now.
In addition to these fixes and adjustments, Banff Springs is now a playable course in the game.

What do you think of the changes? Let us know in the comments!

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/26/16 02:59 PM
Still going strong with 3-Click. I won my first tournament on these setting at the Wetlands. The wind was strong the first three days, but I managed to stick around with the top of the pack. On the last day it was calm and I was able to shoot a -6 to pull away. That was my best single round using this so far. Things are coming together.

# 62 sroz39 @ 05/26/16 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Still going strong with 3-Click. I won my first tournament on these setting at the Wetlands. The wind was strong the first three days, but I managed to stick around with the top of the pack. On the last day it was calm and I was able to shoot a -6 to pull away. That was my best single round using this so far. Things are coming together.
That's really impressive, my friend. I have a hard time going low on 3 click. I don't shoot much worse or much better than even almost every round. -6 is a great score.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 63 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/26/16 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
That's really impressive, my friend. I have a hard time going low on 3 click. I don't shoot much worse or much better than even almost every round. -6 is a great score.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I shot -5, E, -4, -6 for the week.. That particular course must have just agreed with me or something. The tourney before it, I shot a +10 on the second day and ended up withdrawing lol.

# 64 TheBrothers24 @ 05/26/16 08:52 PM
Are all the courses they have added free? Also do I need to specifically download them or are they automatically unlocked in the game?

Got the game due to ea access and played one tournament last night just to get a feel of it.

# 65 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/26/16 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
Are all the courses they have added free? Also do I need to specifically download them or are they automatically unlocked in the game?

Got the game due to ea access and played one tournament last night just to get a feel of it.
They're all free. Just update the game; gottta download them.

# 66 jb12780 @ 06/15/16 08:33 AM
So I attempted to play Oakmont with Speith, with 3 click, on tour pro, with 15+ mph.

It looked like my 1st attempt to play 18 on Saturday. It was not pretty.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 67 Lieutenant Dan @ 06/15/16 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
So I attempted to play Oakmont with Speith, with 3 click, on tour pro, with 15+ mph.

It looked like my 1st attempt to play 18 on Saturday. It was not pretty.

At least the grass is nice and short on that neighboring hole's fairway you just landed on

# 68 jb12780 @ 06/15/16 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
At least the grass is nice and short on that neighboring hole's fairway you just landed on
I did that a few time at St. Andrews.

I shot a +28 with my guy in Career Mode. That's after 1 round.

# 69 karlos @ 06/20/16 09:03 AM
Quote:
I saw your first attempt on 3 click earlier in the thread so a nice improvement there !
Could I ask what other settings you have it set on ? I'm assuming Tour-Pro but is there also a swing difficulty setting - where do you have that set ?

Not played Rory for some time and fancy going back to it and giving 3 click a try. However, I like to set it so that it is a challenge to break par which seems what your settings achieve.

Cheers

# 70 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/20/16 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlos
I saw your first attempt on 3 click earlier in the thread so a nice improvement there !
Could I ask what other settings you have it set on ? I'm assuming Tour-Pro but is there also a swing difficulty setting - where do you have that set ?

Not played Rory for some time and fancy going back to it and giving 3 click a try. However, I like to set it so that it is a challenge to break par which seems what your settings achieve.

Cheers
Swing mechanic: 3-Click

Swing difficulty: Hard

Lie effect: Advanced

Wind gust: On

Spin control: Off

Zoom: Off

Green grid: On

Aiming arc: Off

Putt read line: Off

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 71 karlos @ 06/20/16 12:28 PM
Quote:

Thanks very much - will give those a try.

Been dabbling with Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf on PC but fancy going back to golf on the TV screen too.

Thanks

# 72 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/20/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlos
Thanks very much - will give those a try.

Been dabbling with Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf on PC but fancy going back to golf on the TV screen too.

Thanks
No prob. Perfect Golf sounds pretty nice. Hopefully it makes its way to PS4 one day.

# 73 sroz39 @ 06/20/16 06:12 PM
Quote:

Pretty much how I play except I have zoom on. I just feel the players and caddies have such deep knowledge of every nook and cranny of these courses that they're practically zoomed in when they're envisioning their shot.

Sent from my S7 Edge

# 74 selamon09 @ 06/20/16 06:31 PM
Zoom on for me too just not classic

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 75 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/21/16 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Pretty much how I play except I have zoom on. I just feel the players and caddies have such deep knowledge of every nook and cranny of these courses that they're practically zoomed in when they're envisioning their shot.

Sent from my S7 Edge
Not a bad way to look at it. I'm just a hack, though lol. I just haven't zoomed in for my shot in forever. In Golf Club and when I was playing on Tour Pro those things weren't enabled, so I just kept it like that.

# 76 Krebstar @ 06/21/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Not a bad way to look at it. I'm just a hack, though lol. I just haven't zoomed in for my shot in forever. In Golf Club and when I was playing on Tour Pro those things weren't enabled, so I just kept it like that.
Is there a way to view the hole overview? In TGC without zoom enabled you can at least view an overhead shot, so you can use bunkers and trees to help align your shots.

I'd love to play without zoom, but without some kind of reasonable guide I fear like I'd playing insanely horribly.

# 77 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/21/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Is there a way to view the hole overview? In TGC without zoom enabled you can at least view an overhead shot, so you can use bunkers and trees to help align your shots.

I'd love to play without zoom, but without some kind of reasonable guide I fear like I'd playing insanely horribly.
Touch pad gives you an overhead view of the hole with various distances. If not for that I'd zoom in too.

# 78 Krebstar @ 06/21/16 02:21 PM
Quote:
Touch pad gives you an overhead view of the hole with various distances. If not for that I'd zoom in too.

I figured there had to be a way that I just wasn't seeing. Fantastic! Excited to get home and try it out.

Other than that I was using the same settings you posted. One of my biggest worries when I grabbed the game was whether or not I'd be able to make it challenging—very glad that you can do just that.

# 79 Grinder12000 @ 02/06/17 10:19 AM
It's 2017 - I hope more updates are coming ?????

# 80 DivotMaker @ 02/07/17 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
It's 2017 - I hope more updates are coming ?????
I would not count on it. Not a peep out of them since May when RM went into the Vault.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.