Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 address all three phases of the game on offense, defense, and special teams.

Quote:
Let's start with offense and the new Ball Carrier Controls. We’ve added a tiered system to the types of special moves different players are able to pull off – depending on their attributes, ratings and speed. So now, expect your bigger bruising backs to be more effective with truck moves and stiff arms, while smaller, shiftier backs have more effective jukes and spins. Now don't worry if you’re not a magician yet on the sticks. New Ball Carrier UI Prompts help teach moves available to you, while the new Path Assist helps you navigate and anticipate down field. Additionally on lower skill levels, you can put the work on us and we will pick the appropriate moves for you, unlocking the fun for all of our players. Now, onto the defensive side of the ball.

While the new tools on offense make you a better, more creative ball carrier, the New Defensive AI System is built on up to date NFL Strategies – such as Gap Play, Force Defenders and improved Zone Coverages. It’s time to force your opponents to stop being so one dimensional. New Gap Play AI brings a new level of NFL authenticity and strategy to your defensive teammates. Each of your teammates has a gap assignment on run defense that puts them in position to better defend the run. Force defenders protect the outside of the field, pushing the ball carrier back inside allowing cut back defenders to make the big play. Finally Zone Coverage has been completely overhauled, with the addition of 8 new zone concepts never before seen in Madden. Defenders have more awareness of threats to each zone and can pattern match receivers, creating defensive counters to stop virtually every passing concept. It's our most realistic AI to date and it's across the entire field.

Special Teams, the 3rd phase of football, is where big games are often won and lost. For the first time years we’re bringing the excitement back to special teams. A New Kick Meter is designed to increase the challenge of the kicking game like we see in today’s NFL. Additionally, the ability to ice the kicker allows you to turn up the pressure on those late game winning field goal attempts. New trick plays and a new block kick mechanic add new elements to the risk and reward of Special Teams.

Some features...

GROUND GAME
All-New on Both Sides of The Ball - Experience the most balanced gameplay to date on offense making you a better, more creative ball carrier, while new defensive AI puts your teammates into position to stop the run or passing game.

FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever - Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.

PRESENTATION
See It and Hear It to Believe It - Feel and experience the game from a new perspective - focused on you.

MADDEN 365
Never Miss a Beat - If it happens in the NFL, it happens in Madden. Experience fresh content daily for your football fix.

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 221 N51_rob @ 05/14/16 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
So...I was just given clearance to talk about the game. I've played probably 40 hours of madden over the last month. I was told specifically that I CANNOT GIVE IMPRESSIONS and that I must limit my answers to stuff they've announced. That being said...ask me almost anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the changes to zone will be see blown coverages from either or both low zone/low awareness players?

# 222 mrprice33 @ 05/14/16 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
With the changes to zone will be see blown coverages from either or both low zone/low awareness players?

Do you mind posting this in this thread: I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=881224

# 223 ajra21 @ 05/14/16 01:10 PM
gap play? just, so, cool.

also kinda hoping they ditch the scheme in player profiles. they're unnecessary. keep player types.

# 224 roadman @ 05/14/16 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
If this crap is still in the game I am not buying 17. Why can't offensive linemen in this game move their feet and extend their arms? It's unacceptable to have this type stuff in 2016! The Madden 17 hype gave me the urge to go back and play this game after months of not even touching it, it wasn't even installed, and now I remember why I stopped playing it's because of this crap! This is why I keep asking about pass blocking in Madden 17, its one of the biggest weaknesses in Madden.

I know it's in there based on the video evidence, but I haven't seen errors like this with the sliders I use in CFM.

CFM is much different than play now games and the sliders + penalty sliders have effects on game play.

Out of the box, this is probably what happens.

# 225 roadman @ 05/14/16 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Can you point me towards the sliders you use? Though I only play Play Now games and DC sometimes.
Yeah, slider testers will tell you it's a difference between night and day between play now and CFM.

Plus, you need to use the 75 man preseason roster because these rosters play close to their traits.

You must follow the instructions in the OP to get the game playing as sim as it can.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...6-sliders.html

# 226 Bmore Irish @ 05/14/16 03:21 PM
I wonder if the new Gap Play AI means we'll finally have 2-gap nose tackles that eat up double teams and stuff runs up the middle. Would make using a 3-4 defense more effective.

# 227 jpdavis82 @ 05/14/16 03:29 PM
Franchise info coming next week[emoji91]

# 228 DeuceDouglas @ 05/14/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

# 229 jfsolo @ 05/14/16 03:56 PM
I have to laugh at that tweet where after being ignored by John, the guy expects Rex or Clint to give up the info. Despite our love/hate relationship with the game, Madden can still turn most of us(myself included) into impatient 10 year olds at Christmas.

# 230 Cowboy008 @ 05/14/16 04:02 PM
Quote:

# 231 ednaaard @ 05/14/16 04:54 PM
From Rex's interview at the end of the week...I'm pumped.

# 232 jpdavis82 @ 05/14/16 06:16 PM
Ugh bummer Clint made a mistake

# 233 RyanLaFalce @ 05/14/16 06:18 PM
Quote:

Gameplay is better than nothing

# 234 jpdavis82 @ 05/14/16 07:32 PM
Clint is going to have a ton of gameplay info for us next week guys

# 235 Cowboy008 @ 05/14/16 08:20 PM
Quote:

Well that's a bummer.. At least we will be getting something next week.

# 236 Mattanite @ 05/14/16 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
Something from Franchise mode that was shared with me.. Notice the 40 yard time. No backs ever came out of the draft that fast. I also don't remember seeing any "speed backs" either.

Does this mean they are sticking with the same scouting system as from M16?

# 237 SolidSquid @ 05/14/16 10:19 PM
Quote:
Yes, but I've been told that the draft classes have been reworked.. Fewer QB's with superhuman speed, RB's with speed along with the bruisers, WR's who are more varied.. And I've been told the safety positions have been redone where you'll see guys actually come in with good speed, instead of them being an 82 speed with 88 acceleration
Nice guess that rules out custom classes though

# 238 DeuceDouglas @ 05/14/16 10:31 PM
Quote:
Yes
That's somewhat disappointing but I guess it's better than them spending more time messing with scouting. Hopefully they've made draft classes bigger so it can add more to scouting and drafting as well.

# 239 Mattanite @ 05/14/16 10:51 PM
Quote:
Yes, but I've been told that the draft classes have been reworked.. Fewer QB's with superhuman speed, RB's with speed along with the bruisers, WR's who are more varied.. And I've been told the safety positions have been redone where you'll see guys actually come in with good speed, instead of them being an 82 speed with 88 acceleration
Good to hear some things have been reworked... some more variation would be nice, it was far too easy still to spot the gems in the later rounds as everyone else around them had terrible scouted attributes. Also, it would be nice to see the occasional freak... there are no Cam Newton style quarterbacks or Laron Landry style safeties and certain archetypes were just not worth drafting (Speed DEs with super-low strength... urgh...).

# 240 Grey_Osprey @ 05/15/16 07:05 AM
Disappointing to hear that they are sticking with the 3 attribute scouting system. At the very least I'd like to see them make all attributes available (like Madden 15) and allow us to decide which 3 we want to see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.