Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 screenshot, featuring Adrian Peterson. You can see the Under Armour and Adidas cleats much better here. More equipment details are coming soon.

As Clint Oldenburg and Dustin Smith have noted on Twitter, the screenshots that are released on various outlets are a WIP and equipment will get updated before launch.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 441 kehlis @ 06/26/16 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Maybe I'm misunderstanding Kane's post but it seems to me he was saying the NFL does in fact make a big deal about uniforms and such being correct, to the point where they fine for them when they are not. My overreaching point was there is a post from someone that went back to working on Madden, defending the validity of wanting even the smallest detail to be right yet this poster is getting it from all angles for seemingly doing the same thing. Not to mention the irony of Kane himself being involved in the interaction, the post seemed very relevant, imo.

My intent before the poster was banned was to offer up some support that someone actually involved with equipment and such, can likely relate to how they feel but seeing as how they were banned I'd hope maybe it could offer credence to his point. I hate to see anyone seemingly demonized or labeled when others don't agree with them.
Well the poster's point wasn't what got him banned, his point is fine and valid when discussed appropriately.

The point of my poorly worded post was that we had a post from Kane before he was a dev showing how frustrated he was with the state of Madden at the time and showing his passion for equipment.

I think it's pretty clear that there is something hindering the EA dev team and it isn't passion about what they are doing.

# 442 Kenbro_504 @ 06/27/16 11:40 AM
I remember when I thought I could help ea on the players likeness, I made a folder full of what each player (including kickers) wore in the league from head to toe and sent it to ea (guess they threw it away) but point is I at least see that Kane is trying and that's really all we can ask for because before it looked as if ea didn't even care. So baby steps are better than none at all. I'm ok with it. Next yr should be better and so-on.

# 443 cthurt @ 06/27/16 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbro_504
I remember when I thought I could help ea on the players likeness, I made a folder full of what each player (including kickers) wore in the league from head to toe and sent it to ea (guess they threw it away) but point is I at least see that Kane is trying and that's really all we can ask for because before it looked as if ea didn't even care. So baby steps are better than none at all. I'm ok with it. Next yr should be better and so-on.

This is exactly how I feel, I knew they couldn't possibly put everything we requested over the years equipment wise in one installment, my whole excitement came from them even giving equipment some attention again at all, because lets face it they could have ignored it for another year or two and just used the new Frostbite engine as a reason to wait. So label me grateful for the attention they gave to equipment this year.

# 444 PVarck31 @ 06/27/16 04:59 PM
Quote:
Not in that specific quote but Kane has posted far more critical things than that about the process and like what pat3921 posted, it shouldn't make a difference as long as it's true. The poster didn't even get in trouble for the post you're referring to, presumably because he was being honest about how he saw the situation year over year and not personally attacking anyone. The mere mention of words like "lazy", "half assed", etc in a post shouldn't matter, it's the context they are used in that should.
Actually that does matter because it's against the TOS to use those terms to describe developers. And you know this.

# 445 PVarck31 @ 06/27/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
That falls under context though and the part about not personally attacking anyone, like I stated, c'mon man. Apparently the post Price was referring to didn't seem to violate the TOS, since it didn't receive an infraction, that was my point.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you talking about a 3 year old post?

And are you saying its okay to call devs lazy as long as its in the right context?

# 446 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/27/16 06:47 PM
Can we move on? The TOS aren't hard to understand, or shouldn't be.

# 447 PVarck31 @ 06/27/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
What? No to both questions, here is the post I keep referring to, that I think Price was referring to.

Maybe that helps clarify everything, if not, I'm done with it either way because I don't see how this all could still be misunderstood and twisted. Also, why you would ask me "And are you saying its okay to call devs lazy as long as its in the right context?" after me clearly stating the premise about not personally attacking anyone, twice, is beyond me.
Dude, just relax. There was something lost in translation. It's hard to keep up with all your posts.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. I gotta sift through a million posts in here, most of them negative and try to determine what is and isn't against the TOS.

If you're done, then I'm done. That's probably for the best. Time to move on.

# 448 KANE699 @ 06/27/16 07:42 PM
Well this picked up while I was gone.

Stay tuned, blog is set to drop this week.

# 449 Cowboy008 @ 06/27/16 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

Finally...

# 450 Brooke2011 @ 06/27/16 09:27 PM
Will there be a video correlating to the equipment blog?

# 451 Kwarren3 @ 06/28/16 05:38 PM
Quote:

# 452 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/28/16 06:38 PM
Quote:

# 453 Rams_3 @ 06/29/16 06:23 AM
"Soon" lol

# 454 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/29/16 02:22 PM

# 455 Kenbro_504 @ 09/03/16 09:55 AM
Will madden update the equipment like a patch? Also will teams who wear white shoes get a patch. For instance, Dallas has the only white and team color shoe. Other teams don't.

# 456 Kenbro_504 @ 09/09/16 03:21 PM
@KANE699 Is there a chance these could get patched in the game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.