Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 16 patch 1.05 is available now, weighing in at 42 MB. No details are available yet, but let us know what you are seeing.

When the patch notes arrive, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Patch notes are here.
  • Addressed issues with Cloud saves introduced in patch 1.04. All Cloud Saves should now work properly.
  • Fixed classic base running, affected by patch 1.04.
  • Online Action shot/card downloading now fixed.
  • Weather in RTTS now updates correctly with Advance Day.
  • Addressed an issue with lead off runners in online game-play. The batting team should now see their base runners leading off when they press L1.
  • Fixed some issues with "L2 + base icon" to control the runner in RTTS.
  • Off season free agent logic was not estimating budget room correctly because it was not accounting for staff salary. This caused teams to inaccurately set the max salary they could offer. This should now be fixed.
  • Fixed issue where the xp earned in game was showing instead of the amount of stubs earned in game when returning to the front-end menu. This created a lot of confusion with users assuming they weren't earning stubs. Stubs earned are now being shown instead of XP.
  • Fixed game settings not getting reset when exiting conquest and playing Extra Innings games. Extra Innings games should now be 9 innings in all cases, as intended.
  • The calendar start times in Show Live should now display accurately.
  • Challenge friends in online games should now apply all correct settings.
  • Fixed a Sounds of the Show crash when attempting to delete music files after trying to import 520+ files.
  • Various other bug fixes.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Bullit @ 05/16/16 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Offline is fixed? Perhaps if you don't mind seeing 75+ SP with 3+ complete games, and 20+ SP with 3+ shutouts per season. Real MLB in 2015 had 10 SP with 3+ CG, and just 3 who had at least 3 shutouts.

Totally ridiculous this hasn't been addressed for years, and no slider combo can fix it.
Yup doesn't bother me at all. Never noticed, don't care, plays great for me. Best of the series and will probably make me skip next years. Great Game!

Let me also add that while I am sorry so many of you guys are having problems or dislike this game. I, personally, have not seen most if not any of the problems you all have seen. Started my franchise day one with default rosters and have never looked back. See a weird thing once in a while. but nothing that I feel the need to complain about or stop playing.

# 22 CornHoller @ 05/16/16 11:19 AM
Played 3 games in SEASON mode and classic baserunning has been restored.

# 23 mlblover15 @ 05/16/16 11:25 AM
well cloud saves are working again for off line franchise.. i am over the moon... that is all i cared about.. if the offense is or was broken... and it is not my bad playing great... if not i need more practice.. been losing a lot lately... was doing well beore 1.04 after not so much... see what this patch brings... maybe i can break my 6 game losing streak...

thanks to the team for fixing the cloud saves... love that feature... now if we can have multiple cloud saves for spareate franchises.. now that would be awesome...

# 24 PPerfect_CJ @ 05/16/16 11:30 AM
I wish this would change the Indians home sleeves and socks to red like they gave the N.L. West their matte helmets.

# 25 tabarnes19_SDS @ 05/16/16 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas850
In franchise, upcoming FAs still expect a lower salary than they currently make. I believe this is a big factor to every team having tons of free budget space years down the line.
Just curious what roster base you are using? I have seen arbitration players get less money where they shouldn't. Free agent players typically have gotten more unless they are older.

If you use a roster base with real contacts then you will definitely see lower free agent deals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 26 Flames24Rulz @ 05/16/16 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
well cloud saves are working again for off line franchise.. i am over the moon... that is all i cared about.. if the offense is or was broken... and it is not my bad playing great... if not i need more practice.. been losing a lot lately... was doing well beore 1.04 after not so much... see what this patch brings... maybe i can break my 6 game losing streak...

thanks to the team for fixing the cloud saves... love that feature... now if we can have multiple cloud saves for spareate franchises.. now that would be awesome...

All I cared about too. Thank god that's fixed.

# 27 KBLover @ 05/16/16 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas850
In franchise, upcoming FAs still expect a lower salary than they currently make. I believe this is a big factor to every team having tons of free budget space years down the line.

We'll see. I'm in Year 7, so when it turns over to year 8, I'll see how my carryover responds. Maybe the aces that no one can afford will get jobs now.

I don't know how people are having their teams with tons of money yet all mine, include me, can't afford the top guys on the FA wire in my carryover.

# 28 HustlinOwl @ 05/16/16 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShowBaseball;n47540
Patch notes for 1.05
  • Addressed issues with Cloud saves introduced in patch 1.04. All Cloud Saves should now work properly.
  • Fixed classic base running, affected by patch 1.04.
  • Online Action shot/card downloading now fixed.
  • Weather in RTTS now updates correctly with Advance Day.
  • Addressed an issue with lead off runners in online game-play. The batting team should now see their base runners leading off when they press L1.
  • Fixed some issues with "L2 + base icon" to control the runner in RTTS.
  • Off season free agent logic was not estimating budget room correctly because it was not accounting for staff salary. This caused teams to inaccurately set the max salary they could offer. This should now be fixed.
  • Fixed issue where the xp earned in game was showing instead of the amount of stubs earned in game when returning to the front-end menu. This created a lot of confusion with users assuming they weren't earning stubs. Stubs earned are now being shown instead of XP.
  • Fixed game settings not getting reset when exiting conquest and playing Extra Innings games. Extra Innings games should now be 9 innings in all cases, as intended.
  • The calendar start times in Show Live should now display accurately.
  • Challenge friends in online games should now apply all correct settings.
  • Fixed a Sounds of the Show crash when attempting to delete music files after trying to import 520+ files.
  • Various other bug fixes.

http://forums.theshownation.com/foru...-16-patch-1-05

# 29 KBLover @ 05/16/16 11:47 AM
Quote:
Carryover saves exactly the same. It seems we'll never see a fix for these OB% errors.

Considering, at least for my carryover, they'd need to somehow get stats from 2015...I don't think it could ever be "fixed".

The stats don't exist. Where are they supposed to get them from?

Quote:
Offline is fixed? Perhaps if you don't mind seeing 75+ SP with 3+ complete games, and 20+ SP with 3+ shutouts per season. Real MLB in 2015 had 10 SP with 3+ CG, and just 3 who had at least 3 shutouts.

I care more about ERA, FIP, etc. The difference between 8 IP and 0 R and 9 IP and 0 R doesn't mean much to the stats other than CG/SHO.

Also, while I don't see this gone, I put my hook slider to 10 in my fantasy franchise and see a lot of 5 and 6 inning outings, guys with 1.40 ERAs and 1 CG/0 SHO, etc. The issue is there still, but if I'm getting solid 5-6 inning outings and 4 relievers to get through the next 3 innings, lowering stamina might drop that to 4 innings and use a bullpen per game.

The sim engine needs adjusting or we need sim engine sliders, but when I see box scores like those above, at least it may not be as prevalent. And if it is...nothing I can do about it so I just focus on team stats and overall performances.

I'll live. I wouldn't have gotten to the doorstep of 2022/Year 8 in my carryover if I couldn't.

# 30 Turbojugend @ 05/16/16 11:47 AM
Fixed a Sounds of the Show crash when attempting to delete music files after trying to import 520+ files.

# 31 Jr. @ 05/16/16 11:48 AM
Quote:
Carryover saves exactly the same. It seems we'll never see a fix for these OB% errors.
If you're talking about previous seasons stats being imported, no you won't. Walks weren't a stat that was tracked year to year in 15, so it wasn't transferred to 16.

They've said since before the game was released that season to season stats can't be fixed in carryover saves.

It would be nice if they would fix the hometown issue in carryover saves. I still have mine but it looks like I won't be messing with it anymore.

# 32 bad_philanthropy @ 05/16/16 11:52 AM
Anyone notice if the Wrigley Ivy issue in franchise is fixed?

# 33 cas850 @ 05/16/16 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Just curious what roster base you are using? I have seen arbitration players get less money where they shouldn't. Free agent players typically have gotten more unless they are older.

If you use a roster base with real contacts then you will definitely see lower free agent deals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I looked with both default and OSFM with franchises started pre-1.05 and post. No difference.

The next step is investigating how much they actually sign for now that the patch notes have a staff budget fix that should reduce ballooning budgets in the future years. I'm optimistic after reading the patch notes.

# 34 p00p1 @ 05/16/16 12:06 PM
Have they changed the fatigue indicators for ingame bullpen to match the set lineup screen at the beginning of the of the game? Hate having to walk up to my tv to see who is 200% rested.

# 35 countryboy @ 05/16/16 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Have they changed the fatigue indicators for ingame bullpen to match the set lineup screen at the beginning of the of the game? Hate having to walk up to my tv to see who is 200% rested.
I am at work and can't check, but it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

# 36 zephyr22 @ 05/16/16 12:36 PM
Still no option to turn off the ball halo in RTTS.

I feel torn over this.

I'm purely an off line RTTS SP so most of the problems other people have suffered through haven't affected me. I feel for you guys and hope you get the fixes you need.

As far as I'm concerned this year is by far the best RTTS has been and it's a real chess match pitching on Legend. I'd go so far to say it's the most fun I've ever had playing a sports sim.

Yet here we are once again with a patch and still no option to turn off ball halo.
All I'm asking for is to give us back an option that been available to us for years.

I know others feel the same way. I shouldn't have to look the other way every time the ball is hit when I'm pitching to avoid the total immersion killer that is the ball halo.

I just cannot understand what the reasoning was behind the decision to remove this option.

Please please please can we have this option back in the next patch?

# 37 TripleCrown @ 05/16/16 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am at work and can't check, but it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.

No sorry, still the same as before

# 38 ZoeK35 @ 05/16/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
I didn't notice it in offline franchisee, looks like it is still the same.

# 39 bobloblah1980 @ 05/16/16 01:27 PM
Still haven't fixed the custom pitcher camera bug either

# 40 Jaystar8083 @ 05/16/16 01:29 PM
Has the frame rate improved???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.