Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 16 patch 1.05 is available now, weighing in at 42 MB. No details are available yet, but let us know what you are seeing.

When the patch notes arrive, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Patch notes are here.
  • Addressed issues with Cloud saves introduced in patch 1.04. All Cloud Saves should now work properly.
  • Fixed classic base running, affected by patch 1.04.
  • Online Action shot/card downloading now fixed.
  • Weather in RTTS now updates correctly with Advance Day.
  • Addressed an issue with lead off runners in online game-play. The batting team should now see their base runners leading off when they press L1.
  • Fixed some issues with "L2 + base icon" to control the runner in RTTS.
  • Off season free agent logic was not estimating budget room correctly because it was not accounting for staff salary. This caused teams to inaccurately set the max salary they could offer. This should now be fixed.
  • Fixed issue where the xp earned in game was showing instead of the amount of stubs earned in game when returning to the front-end menu. This created a lot of confusion with users assuming they weren't earning stubs. Stubs earned are now being shown instead of XP.
  • Fixed game settings not getting reset when exiting conquest and playing Extra Innings games. Extra Innings games should now be 9 innings in all cases, as intended.
  • The calendar start times in Show Live should now display accurately.
  • Challenge friends in online games should now apply all correct settings.
  • Fixed a Sounds of the Show crash when attempting to delete music files after trying to import 520+ files.
  • Various other bug fixes.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 geisterhome @ 05/16/16 01:43 PM
Seem like still lots of bugs remain untouched, now how many more patches will we get?

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

# 42 Bullit @ 05/16/16 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Seem like still lots of bugs remain untouched, now how many more patches will we get?

My guess is maybe one more, maybe.

# 43 countryboy @ 05/16/16 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I would be surprised if we saw another one. Just my opinion though.

# 44 Unlucky 13 @ 05/16/16 02:46 PM
One game in post patch, and I'm happy to say that everything seems back to normal for me in offline franchise.

# 45 bkrich83 @ 05/16/16 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
Still haven't fixed the custom pitcher camera bug either

What is that ?

# 46 dalger21 @ 05/16/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Yea generally by the middle of May, they are on to the next game and fix any issues with that one. I would be surprised if there is another one for '16 unless some game breaking bug develops, a la the crash to XMB from '09.

# 47 Stolm @ 05/16/16 03:03 PM
No fixes for any of the RTTS/Showtime gameplay issues.

Pretty sad if they leave such big issues untouched. Especially considering they assured everyone pre-release that no such issue would even exist.

# 48 bcruise @ 05/16/16 03:08 PM
Not listed specifically , but I think the graphical "hitch" at the moment a strikeout happens is gone. I saw that plenty before today and haven't seen it yet after the patch dropped.

Busch wall dimension in CF is still wrong

CPU vs CPU camera still locks to the broadcast cam regardless of setting

Framerate seems the same, which is to say that if you noticed it before, you probably still will. As I've mentioned many times, it doesn't happen in all parks and situations and even when it does, I don't find it unplayable by any means.

I feel like it doesn't hurt to point this stuff out since it's not really clear what "various bug fixes" means.

Glad for the classic baserunning guys that it's working again.

# 49 p00p1 @ 05/16/16 03:39 PM
Ugh, added a bug report for the fatigue meter:
http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/14659

# 50 torpidbeaver @ 05/16/16 03:52 PM
Had hoped to see some more tweaks with AI bullpen usage and starters going too long in Franchise, and maybe budgets. Darn.

Guess it's time to start my Franchise. Looks like this'll be it.

# 51 LowerWolf @ 05/16/16 03:55 PM
I'll be surprised if we don't get one more patch. Without looking it up, it seems like we always get one in June/July. I know for MLB 14, we got one in July, although that game didn't come out until May.

I'm pretty happy with the game as is though.

# 52 bcruise @ 05/16/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Had hoped to see some more tweaks with AI bullpen usage and starters going too long in Franchise, and maybe budgets. Darn.

Guess it's time to start my Franchise. Looks like this'll be it.
Worth pointing out that none of Brian_SCEA's bullpen tweaks in the last patch were listed specifically in the patch notes - the first we heard about them was in a thread he started later. So there's no guarantee that nothing changed.

# 53 Factzzz @ 05/16/16 04:04 PM
I love that they fixed the weather when using the "play next game" feature in RTTS, that was the only thing holding me back from using that feature.

# 54 Mike Lowe @ 05/16/16 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Considering, at least for my carryover, they'd need to somehow get stats from 2015...I don't think it could ever be "fixed".

The stats don't exist. Where are they supposed to get them from?
OBP = (H + BB + HBP) / (AB + BB + HBP + SF)

In the player stats screen in MLB The Show 15 we have everything we need right there to "reverse engineer" any missing stat.

If someone has a game save from the end of the 2015 season, there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be importing those stats. It's a feature that's not working, plain and simple, and this is exactly the sort of thing a strong QA checks for. Why is a player's jersey number, or hair style, or skin color importing? It's the same exact process.

Quote:
I care more about ERA, FIP, etc. The difference between 8 IP and 0 R and 9 IP and 0 R doesn't mean much to the stats other than CG/SHO.
Me too, but we're just making excuses by accepting it.

# 55 Mike Lowe @ 05/16/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
If you're talking about previous seasons stats being imported, no you won't. Walks weren't a stat that was tracked year to year in 15, so it wasn't transferred to 16.

They've said since before the game was released that season to season stats can't be fixed in carryover saves.

It would be nice if they would fix the hometown issue in carryover saves. I still have mine but it looks like I won't be messing with it anymore.
Yeah, the hometown thing is odd. Also, I wasn't talking about a multi-year carryover, just a one year carry over. Ain't got time for more than one season per year ha!

# 56 johnnydangerously @ 05/16/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
Still haven't fixed the custom pitcher camera bug either
Or the fact that — when choosing a preset for a custom camera — “BAL BROADCAST” is listed twice, once for Arizona and once for Baltimore.

# 57 KBLover @ 05/16/16 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
OBP = (H + BB + HBP) / (AB + BB + HBP + SF)

In the player stats screen in MLB The Show 15 we have everything we need right there to "reverse engineer" any missing stat.

If someone has a game save from the end of the 2015 season, there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be importing those stats.

Okay, so how are they going to do that for 2014-2021?

My player's career numbers will still be WAY off. What's the fix for that? Not all carryovers are just completing one year.

# 58 bobloblah1980 @ 05/16/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What is that ?
I don't have the pics rt now , but if you do a custom camera from pitcher view. Then zoom it in when you save it in that stage it saves but once you back out to the main pitcher screen it goes to something completely different.. I submitted a bug report ages ago about it

# 59 Stolm @ 05/16/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
I don't have the pics rt now , but if you do a custom camera from pitcher view. Then zoom it in when you save it in that stage it saves but once you back out to the main pitcher screen it goes to something completely different.. I submitted a bug report ages ago about it
Ya, when you edit cameras a certain way, the view will shift considerably when you save them.

Just another glitch.

# 60 Mike Lowe @ 05/16/16 04:36 PM
Don't the player cards have OBP year to year at least? They could use simple algebra to figure out how many BB would make up the difference between AVG and OBP. It might not be exact (HBP, sacrifice, fielder's choice, etc.) but I'd equate it to being about as accurate as the OSFM rosters w some guys having wrong career stats.

It'd be manageable at least.
Quote:
Okay, so how are they going to do that for 2014-2021?

My player's career numbers will still be WAY off. What's the fix for that? Not all carryovers are just completing one year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.