Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new hurdle move.

If you missed the new juke moves and score bug/banner, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 mrprice33 @ 05/29/16 09:58 PM
They see everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 42 Cyborg_Jets @ 05/29/16 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Live ball physics, gap play, and modern zone technique are all more important than running animations IMO.

Hopefully they change them soon though, as they do look awkward from time to time.

While I agree that all of those new features are a priority for us this year... And I'm very happy that they added them (ball physics in particular)...
I do think that running and basic locomotion needs to be a top priority going forward.
I think running is obviously a major foundation to the game of football.. And it has gotten to be quite an eye sore.
I will show the game to people who are not into video games.. And while they are impressed with the detail and graphics.. One of the first comments is always
'Why do they run like that?'

The basic running animation in the game is very odd and awkward. I'm not sure how they got to how it is today. What happened from ps2 days to now?
They all look like they have something up their rear end, and they have a bow legged appearance to their legs. (I wonder if this has to do with the extension issue with the knee bending that ea games seem to have)
Not to mention the odd arm salute swing that seems to happen all time time.

I just think it needs to be a major priority. Not for just the sim community.. But for the game in general. For the casual fan to see a clip of the game..
Take a look at the comments from the first few clips from 'casual fans'. There is a lot of comments about how unnatural the running looks.
I just think it would do wonders for the overall aesthetic of the game.
Ea nhl overhauled the skating a few years back. Calling it 'true performance skating'. Madden should follow suit

# 43 mrprice33 @ 05/30/16 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redux1000
Could not disagree more

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gameplay/AI improvements >>>>>>>>> cosmetics

# 44 Cyborg_Jets @ 05/30/16 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Gameplay/AI improvements >>>>>>>>> cosmetics

I agree man. And I definitely understand what you are saying..

But improving the running would change everything. I guarantee every juke animation, catch, fumble, throw..etc would flow 1000 times better if it was preceded and followed by fluid and natural running animations.

I certainly understand your point. I don't think cosmetics should be ahead of AI and gameplay stuff... But running is different. It's the most important facet of the sport. People are running on a grass field.
In a way it would be like having the ball not spiral correctly..
It isn't cosmetic like a chin strap or an arm sleeve. It's a major issue with the game.
But again, I def agree with what you're saying. Just think running animations are a different monster all together

# 45 mestevo @ 05/30/16 06:32 PM
It's cosmetic. It's how they look running, not the ability to run. Even largely goes unnoticed until comparisons are used or it's specifically pointed out.

# 46 Cyborg_Jets @ 05/30/16 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It's cosmetic. It's how they look running, not the ability to run. Even largely goes unnoticed until comparisons are used or it's specifically pointed out.
Technically it's cosmetic sure. But not all cosmetic things are created equal lol

# 47 Crunky @ 05/30/16 06:51 PM
When you have players running like Forrest Gump and Woody from Toy Story than it becomes a major issue.

# 48 l8knight1 @ 05/31/16 11:33 AM
I don't really get the hype regarding the hurdle. Running in M15 was great, and had the great precision modifier for awesome stiff arms and hurdles...albeit sometimes over-powered, then it was nerfed for 16. So now it is semi un-nerfed?

# 49 mestevo @ 05/31/16 05:59 PM
It's just calling out a new ui to perform them. Making the game more accessible is all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 50 Fist Of Kings @ 05/31/16 06:25 PM
With madden I either buy it every other year, or don't have a current football game at all. I bought 15 and I was disappointed by it, didn't get 16 because to me it was 15 with annoying on screen prompts and wr/db interactions that apparently weren't rooted in realism and further promoted unrealistic, arcade highlight football.

So here for madden 17, 3 months away from it's release with little information, yet we're here discussing a mere hurdle.

I also have concerns of fatigue making rb's trucking/elusive move effectiveness, go down a level. To me, that is unrealistic, and yet another gimmick to sell a yearly version of madden.

When I think of the best rbs, like Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch(I know he's retired, but he's the beastly type of rb I'm talking about), they never 'go down a level', that's what makes them great. Adding player specific animations and tendencies would have been a much better idea imo.

Here's one I heard on a football broadcast last year. Apparently, Adrian Peterson sets himself further back than any other rb in the nfl before the snap, which apparently has something to do with his great vision as a ballcarrier.

# 51 SolidSquid @ 05/31/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
With madden I either buy it every other year, or don't have a current football game at all. I bought 15 and I was disappointed by it, didn't get 16 because to me it was 15 with annoying on screen prompts and wr/db interactions that apparently weren't rooted in realism and further promoted unrealistic, arcade highlight football.

So here for madden 17, 3 months away from it's release with little information, yet we're here discussing a mere hurdle.

I also have concerns of fatigue making rb's trucking/elusive move effectiveness, go down a level. To me, that is unrealistic, and yet another gimmick to sell a yearly version of madden.

When I think of the best rbs, like Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch(I know he's retired, but he's the beastly type of rb I'm talking about), they never 'go down a level', that's what makes them great. Adding player specific animations and tendencies would have been a much better idea imo.

Here's one I heard on a football broadcast last year. Apparently, Adrian Peterson sets himself further back than any other rb in the nfl before the snap, which apparently has something to do with his great vision as a ballcarrier.
I'm sure if AD or marshawn ran the ball 15 times in a row their effectiveness would go down. They are superior athletes but they aren't superhuman.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.