Home
PES 2017 News Post

The PES 2017 embargo has been lifted and there are plenty of hands-on impressions being posted online from various websites. We'll add more throughout the day, as they come in. Check out links below and post your thoughts.

Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 KG @ 06/01/16 07:39 AM
Looks like Arsenal is fully licensed this year.

# 2 DBMcGee3 @ 06/01/16 11:22 AM
I like what I'm hearing, but I say that every year and then the legacy issues rear their heads again. I'm skeptical of the 'Adaptive AI', but that could be huge as far as finally slowing down the ridiculous amount of scoring. The supposed GK improvements would help tremendously as well.

I loved so many things about PES 2016, but the 3 or 4 most noticeable flaws were gamebreakers for me, really hoping to see them finally remedied for next year.

# 3 ShaiLeGran @ 06/01/16 02:25 PM
Surprise us all with an August release, just in time for when most competitions have started

# 4 dubcity @ 06/01/16 03:47 PM
Shocked that WENB gave it glowing reviews (NOT). The IGN one seems realistic though. Other ones seem to be raving about things that were supposed to be in last years game, ie: advanced tactics, etc. Meh.

Think I'll wait til Thu-Fri when some of my fave youtubers get a chance to play it.

# 5 stevostl @ 06/01/16 04:48 PM
this is the kind of stuff that give me some hope from the reviewers...

Quote:
The surprise is how slow this new Pro Evolution Soccer feels.
Quote:
After just over an hour's play I'm still not entirely sure it's to my taste.
Quote:
Adam Bhatti says there'll be no more 6-6 draws like we saw in last year's game - I'm too embarrassed to admit I've gone whole afternoons with the game happy with the brace of goals I'd bundled in off wayward shins.
Quote:
If you're literate in football - I'm a Chelsea fan, for heaven's sake, so I'll happily admit I'm not[...]
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...r-2017-preview

# 6 RandyBass @ 06/01/16 10:47 PM
There's only one question worth asking:

Are there any fouls in the game yet?

Strangely none of these previews seem to answer that question, though I haven't read them all.

# 7 RandyBass @ 06/01/16 10:54 PM
Okay the gamesradar article mentions fouls, but it still sounds like they aren't really a factor like they should be, and not all that different from the past few versions: too few fouls called with too many of them resulting in bookings.

# 8 RoyceDa59 @ 06/02/16 08:24 AM
Can't get excited as always I'll reserve judgment for when the final version of the game drops been burned too many times. Footy games were very disappointing for me last year so my expectations will be much more in check this year.

# 9 SilverChaosVII @ 06/03/16 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
There's only one question worth asking:

Are there any fouls in the game yet?

Strangely none of these previews seem to answer that question, though I haven't read them all.
Yes. Multiple reviewers have said that fouls and refs have been greatly improved. Some have said to the point where they feel the refs may even be TOO strict and unforgiving.

# 10 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 06/03/16 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
Yes. Multiple reviewers have said that fouls and refs have been greatly improved. Some have said to the point where they feel the refs may even be TOO strict and unforgiving.
I'll take that over too lenient. Unless, of course, we're talking NFL football-type amount of stoppages.

# 11 RoyceDa59 @ 06/03/16 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I'll take that over too lenient. Unless, of course, we're talking NFL football-type amount of stoppages.
I really hope that is true as well. Hopefully they are like Pes 5 refs, I can only wish.

# 12 PAPERNUT @ 06/04/16 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII

# 13 Zac @ 06/05/16 03:37 PM
I'll reserve any judgment until I play it myself. Its hard to take the word of any of these people. When you get the same hype from them all every year.

# 14 KG @ 06/06/16 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I'll reserve any judgment until I play it myself. Its hard to take the word of any of these people. When you get the same hype from them all every year.
Especially when they rave about how PES 2016 was a good game. It's like they forgot about the lack of fouls, summer rosters which took forever to get in, etc...

# 15 buckeyezombie @ 06/06/16 02:22 PM
Id settle for shot variety from the CPU. Almost all shots go to the lower far corner

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 16 Ermolli @ 06/07/16 09:28 PM
I don't trust PES previews anymore, the last few years they've talked how much better the game is specially keepers and when I play it I don't feel like they've improved a lot and keepers are still awful. Some things sound promising though.

# 17 KG @ 06/08/16 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I don't trust PES previews anymore, the last few years they've talked how much better the game is specially keepers and when I play it I don't feel like they've improved a lot and keepers are still awful. Some things sound promising though.
Every year since the introduction of the new engine the keepers have been trash. If you're constantly working on them then it tells me the issue is much deeper.

FIFA 15 had an issue with keepers letting in cheap near-post goals. 16 corrected that issue w/o the need for a marketing tag-line.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this year's game.

# 18 stevostl @ 06/08/16 05:44 PM
Quote:
I could certainly see that happening... lol meaning konami goes from one extreme to the other to where now fouls are to constant and ruin the flow of the match.

I wish they would just have different referees from very strict to very lenient to choose from

a scale that is as different as their speed settings range.

# 19 LingeringRegime @ 06/08/16 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
I could certainly see that happening... lol meaning konami goes from one extreme to the other to where now fouls are to constant and ruin the flow of the match.

I wish they would just have different referees from very strict to very lenient to choose from

a scale that is as different as their speed settings range.
Yes 1000X. A foul slider would be amazing.

# 20 Ermolli @ 06/08/16 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Yes 1000X. A foul slider would be amazing.
A wide variety of sliders would be even more amazing but Konami won't do it for some reason.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.