Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has detailed new additions to this year's franchise mode on their website.

The first blog post EA detailed a faster way to play franchise and new gameplanning features.

Play The Moments: Experience Franchise faster than ever. Jump into game-defining plays, drives and situations that matter to you, speeding up your experience and delivering more fun. For players who want to span their career the entire 30 years but are limited in time, Play the Moment will be your new way to play.

Quote:
"How does it work?

Before heading down to the field, choose between Play the Moments, Offense Only, Defense Only, or the Full Game. When you choose Play the Moments, the game will be simulated until it detects a key moment and then prompts you to jump right into the action. If you don’t want to play that particular moment, you can easily skip it. Choosing Offense Only or Defense Only before loading into the game allows you to easily play just one side of the ball.

You’ll be able to switch in and out of all the modes easily as you play your game. For example, you can start by playing the Full Game and then switch to Play the Moments at half-time once you have a sizable lead. It’s up to you on how you use it."
There will be different times you are called to 'play a moment'.

EA says that sometimes you will be prompted to play a full drive at the beginning of a game in order to get a lead early. In the last two minutes of a half you may be called upon to drive down the field and manage the clock and perhaps on defense you'll be called in on 3rd downs to get the ball back for your team. Really any 'big' moment of a game you can be called in on.

There will be a new sim speed feature which allows you to slow the game down and watch it unfold in real time during super-sim and during moments. This is an oft requested feature that is now being fulfilled.

Another big addition is that super-sim will now take into account quarter speed in order to try to deliver a game as close as possible to the 120 play-per-game NFL average as well.

Check out all of the new additions to 'Play the Moment' and Super-Sim on EA's site!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 LacedGod @ 06/12/16 04:40 PM
No new neat relocation customization options

2k16's is out of this world amazing. You can customize just about everything.

# 22 jmurphy31 @ 06/12/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
This also means supersim has finally been re-worked. Just amazing.

That would be nice. Never thought about superSim being fixed with that feature.

# 23 Toupal @ 06/12/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I'm guessing you can edit everything except for names.
"You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players"

I saw nothing about name editing.... If that is the case, then I am thoroughly disappointed.

# 24 mrprice33 @ 06/12/16 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
"You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players"

I saw nothing about name editing.... If that is the case, then I am thoroughly disappointed.

For rookies or current players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 noplace @ 06/12/16 04:41 PM
Wow! EA has really stepped their game up. PS, full editing, game planning and better presentation has me completely impressed. Nice job EA

# 26 Toupal @ 06/12/16 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
You'll see

That smiley face gives me optimism again.... Do you really know the answer Mrprice??

# 27 stooge 1010 @ 06/12/16 04:42 PM
Holy crap, practice squadscant wait. been waiting for this for long time.

# 28 eastcoast49ers @ 06/12/16 04:42 PM
fixed supersim, in game ticker, practice squads, full editing, dynamic development trait, fixed Free Agency (big names sign earlier), new gameplanning. I'm in love.

# 29 Toupal @ 06/12/16 04:42 PM
Quote:
For rookies or current players?

Either. But I was looking for rookies or players that I have drafted

# 30 J ROCK 05 @ 06/12/16 04:42 PM
So pumped, Madden 17 pre-ordered today! #ingameticker

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

# 31 kse79x @ 06/12/16 04:43 PM
Anything on exhibition games within cfm with other league members?

# 32 frankrizzo380 @ 06/12/16 04:44 PM
Dynamic dev traits... game changer

# 33 Cowboy008 @ 06/12/16 04:44 PM
Only watched the video in the first link and can't wait. Looks like the in game ticker will update during the game.

# 34 XtremeDunkz @ 06/12/16 04:44 PM
Was expecting more, disappointed.

# 35 mrprice33 @ 06/12/16 04:44 PM
Quote:
Either. But I was looking for rookies or players that I have drafted

Current NFL players can't have their name changed. I'll let you find out the rest

# 36 Datninja619 @ 06/12/16 04:44 PM
I'd also like to note that I personally think this new menu interface for franchise mode is sexy. Necessary information is visible. Seeing your current depth chart during free agency is huge in its self.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

# 37 Sphinx @ 06/12/16 04:45 PM
Everything looks pretty good but I am a little disappointed that there was no mention of the nfl draft. It's such a huge part of the nfl off season and it's been beyond boring in the game for years.

# 38 TheGentlemanGhost @ 06/12/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
They show that you can edit stats and all of that, but I didn't read anything about editing players build, physical features or names.
"As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players. You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players."

Oh this is great news! I've been crying about having a practice squad for years. I hate risking completely cutting a good draft pick and losing him in the mix later if I need him due to injury or other depth chart issues. So great to finally have these things!

"Each team now has a 10-man Practice Squad that they can control week-to-week. It all starts in week 4 of the preseason. Instead of cutting players, you can now easily move eligible players to the Practice Squad where they will develop as you train the various position groups during weekly training. These Practice Squad players are available in Free Practice so you can test them out down on the field. At any point during the season, you can pull up a player from the Practice Squad to your active roster or vice versa. Only players with less than 2 full years of NFL experience are available to move to the Practice Squad so you won’t be able to stash your veterans on it. The Practice Squad is the place to develop younger players into guys that can have an impact on your team during gameday. Just like in the real-world, your Practice Squad players are free agents and can be poached by other teams for their active roster."

Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Time to Pre-order!

# 39 Toupal @ 06/12/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Current NFL players can't have their name changed. I'll let you find out the rest

Outstanding!

# 40 ginix @ 06/12/16 04:47 PM
Really happy with the new tendencies and the change to game prep. Although, these blogs have honestly left me with more questions than answers.

Also, on a side note I can't wait for them to redo the current UI. It's always so clunky and that 'Big Decision' screen doesn't look any better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.