Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page over the past few days. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • AI will now perform takedowns after catch kicks
  • Improvements to AI stamina management. AI now more likely to take time between combos to regen stamina if low.
  • Tuned AI fighter tendencies for fighters who should throw more/less kicks
  • Improved judges scoring logic
  • And to top things off, there is a brand new move coming
UPDATE 6-27: EA Sports UFC 2 game update 1.08 and content update #5 are available now, below are some additional details.

This update adds three fighters, additional moves to Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter, and AI Tuning.
  • Josh Samman - Men's Middleweight
  • Lorenz Larkin - Men's Welterweight
  • Leonardo Santos - Men's Lightweight
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Added Stockton Slap and Imanari Roll Takedown moves to both UFC Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter
  • Adjusted AI tendencies regarding Stamina Management and Kicking for specific fighters.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Morgan Monkman @ 06/28/16 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep but thats what happens when you pressure fight the AI. It doesnt back off or run. It doesnt adjust to the pressure well.
The CPU had every advantage in that fight, should have been a war for me.

I am used to playing Civ 5, in that game they literally give the AI cheats to boost their chance to beat you, no AI can adapt as fast as a human. Maybe we should just give the AI cheat codes and make higher levels of difficulty?

# 142 Bigg Cee @ 06/28/16 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Thanks man, really the only thing that kept the AI alive that long was parry and the block being impenetrable.

I am not quite sure the answer. But if we had a AI that adapted as the fight went on it might help.

Like if you land the same combo several times he will now be more ready to block it or time a takedown.
You were actually playing how I play against the AI. I rather have a cheating AI then something so easy and not even fun. It really does kill offline for me.

# 143 aholbert32 @ 06/28/16 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
It doesn't do anything well. I really do hate house rules when playing against this typ of dum AI. It's better don't get me wrong but it needs so much work still.
I dont agree with that. I have really no issues with AI on the ground. Stand up is where the issues are.

With that said, I'm not making an excuse but I've played EVERY MMA game ever created and I need house rules for all of them. Some more drastic than others but I need them for everyone. The more you play, the more you are going to improve and you will hit a point with every MMA game where an aspect of the AI or the entire AI as a whole is too easy.

No excuses for some of the issues the AI has but house rules are always necessary.

# 144 aholbert32 @ 06/28/16 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
The CPU had every advantage in that fight, should have been a war for me.

I am used to playing Civ 5, in that game they literally give the AI cheats to boost their chance to beat you, no AI can adapt as fast as a human. Maybe we should just give the AI cheat codes and make higher levels of difficulty?
It had every advantage but it didnt have your skill set and thats what matters most.

I would agree with this. I've talked to the devs about giving the CPU power boosts but as with most things...its not as easy to implement as it would appear.

# 145 Bigg Cee @ 06/28/16 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont agree with that. I have really no issues with AI on the ground. Stand up is where the issues are.

With that said, I'm not making an excuse but I've played EVERY MMA game ever created and I need house rules for all of them. Some more drastic than others but I need them for everyone. The more you play, the more you are going to improve and you will hit a point with every MMA game where an aspect of the AI or the entire AI as a whole is too easy.

No excuses for some of the issues the AI has but house rules are always necessary.
I think I'm just to ADD to just sit back and watch something so dum pick me apart because I have to let it have a chance. Also the clinch is decent but the ground is kinda easy to be honest. If you do a lot of fakes and just have a fast pace flow to you game then the AI as a whole cant keep up.

I think my problem is i just can't stand waiting around for action to start, I wanna get to it and fight. Owell I tried and tried, back to online for me then.

I'm sure a lot of ppl enjoy and have a good time, so don't let me sway anyone with anything I said. It's just my thoughts and my experience.

# 146 Bigg Cee @ 06/28/16 08:44 PM
The next difficultly for UFC 3 needs to be ULTIMATE

# 147 rob3563 @ 06/29/16 01:27 AM
just had 11 fights in event mode and lost them all and i am pressuring them and this is only on HARD, this has never happened to me before, i may have to go back to NORMAL

Why was i winning easily before and cannot win now,if i pressure too much i run out of stamina,also the ground game is really hard now i can't even get a submission finished on HARD let alone PRO.

PS - yes i do back off to regain stamina.

# 148 woody2goody @ 06/29/16 03:42 AM
Brock was in the last game so why not this one? They are probably just rushing to get his model done in time.

So far the DLC has been very good, I'm hoping for Dunham as well, hopefully Camozzi too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

# 149 pdandy @ 06/29/16 05:19 AM
Played 4 games: Bisping vs. Pro Rockhold
No Fighter HUD
5 Rounds

Match 1 and 2: Ended the same way. In round 2, Rockhold transitioned from single collar all the way to back clinch standing. Standing RNC win.
Note that this is different from my original back clinch complaint. Seems like if the AI has a goal in mind, they'll do something with back clinch. However if you transition to back clinch submissive from the back-side ground submissive, the AI will always let go of the dominant position. This is a nice to have fix; not a huge deal.

Match 3: Rocked Rockhold in round 2 but he was able to recover. TKOed Rockhold in round 3.

Match 4: This was my favorite match as I got swept 50-45. Rockhold used a kick heavy gameplan. Then he started sprinkling TDs, GNP and countless submission attempts, a few of which he almost completed. I was able to rock Rockhold standing in the 4th round and tried to steal the match; however, Rockhold backed away and defended nicely.

So far, I'm pleased with the improvements; great job SkyNet!
I still would LOVE to see that improved AI Takedown Defense though; I still feel it's a big problem if I can consistently takedown a full stamina PRO Werdum with a no stamina Mark Hunt...

# 150 LeonVegaSuarez @ 06/29/16 06:54 AM
I won like 18 of 20 fights Ive played on pro last night. The AI is definitely more challenging now and more patient it seems. Lots of decisions. I didnt notice the AI gassing themselves out really. I love it.

# 151 Boiler569 @ 06/29/16 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
The next difficultly for UFC 3 needs to be ULTIMATE
the problem is they'll just ramp up the computer's reflexes to superhuman speed; it won't have better logic or tactics, just crazy parrying skills, for example

# 152 cernac @ 06/29/16 12:34 PM
Catch kicks leading to takedowns... How are they done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 153 fballturkey @ 06/29/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
the problem is they'll just ramp up the computer's reflexes to superhuman speed; it won't have better logic or tactics, just crazy parrying skills, for example
That's better than nothing.

# 154 Skynet @ 06/29/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
Catch kicks leading to takedowns... How are they done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a general game mechanic, you simply need to hold the buttons down longer. If you simply press the parry and let go, it will drop the leg. Holding the buttons will result in a takedown.

For the AI, as previously noted, they still won't do catch kick takedowns often as there are other conditions that must be met. If they did a takedown off of catch kicks all the time, it'd be worse than never doing them. Grapplers will do it more often than standup guys, certainly, but not all the time.

# 155 pdandy @ 06/29/16 01:29 PM
Just saw the improvement in the Maia - Robbie Lawler (PRO) match.
Robbie caught my kick on two occasions. The first one, Robbie was able to land a hook that caused a hit reaction right after the kick catch.
The 2nd time, he threw me to the ground and didn't follow. Looking good.

On a side note, Robbie went for quite a few takedowns in this match... I wasn't even winning the standup.

# 156 fishingtime @ 06/29/16 02:05 PM
AI on Pro now feels much, much harder than before. I'm liking it.

# 157 ryan4889 @ 06/29/16 02:35 PM
Took my 1st loss in 250+ fights SP championships...much better ai...caught me screwing around w low stamina and choked me out lol...impressed w/ the patch...still don't understand though why we can't use career or UT fighters in exhibition esp. after retiring them...its the only thing that keeps me from doing another career cuz when you're done, you're done. Any chance this could get patched in...it would be so cool to be able to fight real ufc fighters of your choosing with your "champion"

# 158 mannyonelover @ 06/29/16 10:47 PM
Can someone please tell me how to add the stockton slap to a Caf?

# 159 mannyonelover @ 06/29/16 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
AI on Pro now feels much, much harder than before. I'm liking it.
Completely agree....now bro can you answer me.a question please....since no one responds on these forum s since the switch how the hell do I add the stockton slap to a CAF???

# 160 pdandy @ 06/30/16 04:04 AM
2nd attempt Maia vs. Pro Lawler.

Pros:
- In early Round 5, finally got KOed by the AI and not by GNP. Rocked with a 3 punch combo. Backed away but was too close to cage. Head kick KO. I like that the AI now has killer instinct.
- Submissions do seem harder to pull off.

Cons:
- Robbie Lawler thinks he's a wrestler and is attempting submissions against Maia... TDs and subs are probably due for a tendency adjustment.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.