Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page over the past few days. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • AI will now perform takedowns after catch kicks
  • Improvements to AI stamina management. AI now more likely to take time between combos to regen stamina if low.
  • Tuned AI fighter tendencies for fighters who should throw more/less kicks
  • Improved judges scoring logic
  • And to top things off, there is a brand new move coming
UPDATE 6-27: EA Sports UFC 2 game update 1.08 and content update #5 are available now, below are some additional details.

This update adds three fighters, additional moves to Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter, and AI Tuning.
  • Josh Samman - Men's Middleweight
  • Lorenz Larkin - Men's Welterweight
  • Leonardo Santos - Men's Lightweight
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Added Stockton Slap and Imanari Roll Takedown moves to both UFC Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter
  • Adjusted AI tendencies regarding Stamina Management and Kicking for specific fighters.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 johnmangala @ 06/27/16 06:28 PM

Hope this opens up the way for 50/50, deep half etc.

# 102 CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA @ 06/27/16 06:35 PM
can we please add eye pokes for jon jones ?

# 103 Bigg Cee @ 06/27/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala

Hope this opens up the way for 50/50, deep half etc.
LOL!!!! That looks sweet but wait till everyone in UT is spamming this over and over. Crazy!

It does look very cool though, I have to admit that. Nice job GPD.

# 104 Bigg Cee @ 06/27/16 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterforjc
Please a Conor McGregor DLC, maybe the same character model as in the original EA Sports UFC. UFC 2's McConor looks like someone who's SUPPOSED to be McGregor, but it doesn't look like him.
How about NO on Conor DLC!

# 105 Bigg Cee @ 06/27/16 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterforjc
Why not? Is this because you hate Conor? He's the COVER ATHLETE for crying out loud. Don't you want an overall better game?
A better game of the same guy who I fight in online over and over and over and over and over. I rather have a crappy game then. lol

# 106 johnmangala @ 06/27/16 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
GPD said, there will be no patch before UFC200. I think, we can't see Lesnar in EA UFC2 because of under contract.
I can only hope it's a red herring

# 107 Dave_S @ 06/27/16 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why Thiago over Leonardo?

Leonardo beat Thiago in TUF Brazil. Won Tuf and hasnt lost in the UFC.
Thiago had competitive fight with Hall, beat Bosse, Elias and Marquardt.

I'm just a fan

# 108 fballturkey @ 06/27/16 09:34 PM
The AI still definitely isn't there post-patch. It's basically the same except that it doesn't keep engaging when it is gassed as much, but it still does it sometimes and looks ridiculous with the slow head kicks and stuff. I'm still really disappointed in the offline game; UFC 1 was one of my most played offline sports games and this is one of my least.

# 109 dbacksfan23 @ 06/28/16 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The AI still definitely isn't there post-patch. It's basically the same except that it doesn't keep engaging when it is gassed as much, but it still does it sometimes and looks ridiculous with the slow head kicks and stuff. I'm still really disappointed in the offline game; UFC 1 was one of my most played offline sports games and this is one of my least.
What exactly makes you like UFC 1 offline more than UFC 2? Personally, I hated UFC 1 offline. I had never played a UFC game online prior to UFC 1, but that games offline was so bad to me that i had to play online just to have fun, competitive fights.

I still rarely ever lose to AI in UFC 2, but it still usually puts up a competitive fight as long as I'm fighting realistically.

# 110 fballturkey @ 06/28/16 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacksfan23
What exactly makes you like UFC 1 offline more than UFC 2? Personally, I hated UFC 1 offline. I had never played a UFC game online prior to UFC 1, but that games offline was so bad to me that i had to play online just to have fun, competitive fights.

I still rarely ever lose to AI in UFC 2, but it still usually puts up a competitive fight as long as I'm fighting realistically.
The AI could win a respectable percentage of the time, so I could run my little UFC universe. Was the AI good? No, it just parried all the time, but at least it won sometimes which makes it much, much better than the current AI in its current state.

# 111 pdandy @ 06/28/16 02:32 AM
Played 3 matches:

Lamas vs. Mcgregor (Hard AI - 3 rounds): McGregor by 30-27
Good fight. Mcgregor had a 30 second span in Round 2 where he landed heavy strike after heavy strike punctuated by a flying cage strike.
Dislike the fact that AI still lets go of back clinch almost every single time.

Hunt vs. Werdum (Hard AI - 3 rounds): Werdum by 30-27
Rocked Werdum in Round 2 and then Werdum started taking me down late. Werdum continued ground and submissions pressure in round 3. I believe if this was a 5 round fight, Werdum would have gotten the finish in the championship rounds. This is my bread and butter test matchup; I barely ever lost this one but got swept this time so that's a good sign. Dislike the fact I can still take down the AI at will. This needs to be fixed. Reported this at launch and is still a problem...

Bisping vs. Rockhold (Pro AI - 5 rounds): Bisping by KO
I don't know if this was because it was set to Pro AI or not. Didn't have time to try the same matchup against Hard AI.

# 112 aholbert32 @ 06/28/16 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Played 3 matches:

Lamas vs. Mcgregor (Hard AI - 3 rounds): McGregor by 30-27
Good fight. Mcgregor had a 30 second span in Round 2 where he landed heavy strike after heavy strike punctuated by a flying cage strike.
Dislike the fact that AI still lets go of back clinch almost every single time.

Hunt vs. Werdum (Hard AI - 3 rounds): Werdum by 30-27
Rocked Werdum in Round 2 and then Werdum started taking me down late. Werdum continued ground and submissions pressure in round 3. I believe if this was a 5 round fight, Werdum would have gotten the finish in the championship rounds. This is my bread and butter test matchup; I barely ever lost this one but got swept this time so that's a good sign. Dislike the fact I can still take down the AI at will. This needs to be fixed. Reported this at launch and is still a problem...

Bisping vs. Rockhold (Pro AI - 5 rounds): Bisping by KO
I don't know if this was because it was set to Pro AI or not. Didn't have time to try the same matchup against Hard AI.
FYI, no changes have been made to Hard AI in the last two patches. The significant changes have all been made to pro.

# 113 polyduster @ 06/28/16 08:43 AM
Quote:
FYI, no changes have been made to Hard AI in the last two patches. The significant changes have all been made to pro.
With that in mind, do you still prefer to play against Hard AI or does Pro give the better challenge now?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 114 aholbert32 @ 06/28/16 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
With that in mind, do you still prefer to play against Hard AI or does Pro give the better challenge now?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I need to test it some more. I played 3 fights last night against Pro and lost all 3. The positives were that the AI was much better at using its stamina.

The negatives are fighters like Nate Diaz and JDS still throw way too many kicks (an overall AI problem) and the AI is a bit too aggressive for my taste on Pro.

Before this patch, I was still using Hard with house rules because that was the only way to make the game realistic and a bit challenging. From the 3 games I played yesterday, I think I may switch to Pro. I'm going to run a card tonight with Pro to see how it feels.

# 115 Bigg Cee @ 06/28/16 12:53 PM
Quote:
I need to test it some more. I played 3 fights last night against Pro and lost all 3. The positives were that the AI was much better at using its stamina.

The negatives are fighters like Nate Diaz and JDS still throw way too many kicks (an overall AI problem) and the AI is a bit too aggressive for my taste on Pro.

Before this patch, I was still using Hard with house rules because that was the only way to make the game realistic and a bit challenging. From the 3 games I played yesterday, I think I may switch to Pro. I'm going to run a card tonight with Pro to see how it feels.
I actually like the AI on pro now, sure it's not perfect but i like how aggressive they are now and how they move foward a lot more. Also when I turned off the HUD it felt better.

Now I'm not saying the AI is perfect because it's not and does need a lot of work, but for right now it's not to bad and i atleast am losing a few fights.

Last night I did Larkin vs Magny at WW best out of 3 and lost 2 fights. Then my other 2 fights I just use regular mid level fighters Pat cumming vs lil Nog - Michael Johnson vs Pettis and had a good time. Now one thing the AI does a lot now on pro is clinch and i kind of like that.

since the patch it has made the AI atleast playable for me on pro, now if they can just get rid of the few times the AI gasses themself and try's to strike we might have decent AI.

# 116 Shogun474 @ 06/28/16 12:56 PM
So what is the new move added this patch guys?

# 117 Dave_S @ 06/28/16 01:42 PM
Lorenz Larkin liked and retweeted my congratulatory tweet. Probably crazy insignificant to everyone in world, but made my day

# 118 pdandy @ 06/28/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Ah OK. I was wondering why, despite what the patch notes stated, Stipe Miocic was letting go of kick catch after kick catch. Will give pro a shot.

# 119 Skynet @ 06/28/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
I'd like to clarify that all the difficulties have actually had tuning and updates in the last few patches. However, the most significant changes are in pro. This patch is similar, though is actually a bit less pro-focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Ah OK. I was wondering why, despite what the patch notes stated, Stipe Miocic was letting go of kick catch after kick catch. Will give pro a shot.
For the catch-kick takedowns, the AI is not always allowed to do a takedown, due to other circumstances, so you won't necessarily see them every time they catch a kick.

For example, certain fighters shy away from the ground, and rarely do takedowns in general, so won't be doing them off of catch kicks. On the flip side, a grappler might have recently tried a takedown and then has to wait a bit to try again. If the AI took you down every time it caught a kick, that would be even worse then them letting them go every time!

# 120 pdandy @ 06/28/16 01:58 PM
SkyNet, fair. Definitely not a huge deal and thank you for clarifying all the factors in play.
Do you have an idea on when the easy takedowns against AI will be looked at? Right now I avoid TDs since it feels like cheating against the AI.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.