Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

MBL Network has posted their Madden NFL 17 4 Verts Podcast with Madden NFL 17 developer, Dustin Smith.

Quote:
Part 2 of our interview with Madden developer Dustin Smith. We talk about the process for building ratings for rookie as well as decreasing the ratings as stars age. We get into a discussion about the new OVR formula and it's potential effect on the game.

If you missed the first podcast on Everything You Need to Know About Equipment, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 SolidSquid @ 07/06/16 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
In many ways, I wish they would just do the ratings in the intervals/tiers they've programmed that the player will animate/play differently during gameplay.

If it takes a 15pt difference before we will see a WR route run less sharper than another, then set the editing intervals at that.

All these in-between numbers that show no visual difference during gameplay, is a waste of time if said player will still play the same (AI wise) even after a couple pts have increased/decreased.

With whatever they're doing/going to do, there has to be a greater visual "gameplay" display of player differentiation in M17.
This is exactly why I'm in favor of hiding true ratings and giving up letter ratings. So an 85 and 80 spec catch receiver would both have B spec catch ratings but the 85 would be more successful more often than the 80

# 22 reyes the roof @ 07/06/16 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This is exactly why I'm in favor of hiding true ratings and giving up letter ratings. So an 85 and 80 spec catch receiver would both have B spec catch ratings but the 85 would be more successful more often than the 80
I would love to see that, it would force me to experiment more with my starting lineup if I have two guys with similar ratings and my starter is playing poorly. I'm most likely never going to yank a guy with ratings in the high 70s in favor of a guy in the low seventies, but substituting letter grades forces you to figure out who is better on the field instead of just looking at numbers

# 23 ChaiH0000 @ 07/06/16 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Agreed. Greater disparity is better
This could be Good unless sim doesn't account for lower minute quarters(That would be disastrous.Players ratings would be dropping left and right

# 24 ChaiH0000 @ 07/06/16 11:16 PM
When do ratings drop

# 25 Allball76 @ 07/06/16 11:28 PM
Quote:
In many ways, I wish they would just do the ratings in the intervals/tiers they've programmed that the player will animate/play differently during gameplay.

If it takes a 15pt difference before we will see a WR route run less sharper than another, then set the editing intervals at that.

All these in-between numbers that show no visual difference during gameplay, is a waste of time if said player will still play the same (AI wise) even after a couple pts have increased/decreased.

With whatever they're doing/going to do, there has to be a greater visual "gameplay" display of player differentiation in M17.
I think the running back tier system getting diffrent animation is a great way of going ! But they should of did the same with Def pass rush . Top player get better rush Animation .

# 26 Allball76 @ 07/06/16 11:31 PM
Quote:
Better yet I say go traits like 2k did . Trait base and teir based ! With some players having there real signature animation !

# 27 SolidSquid @ 07/07/16 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiH0000
This could be Good unless sim doesn't account for lower minute quarters(That would be disastrous.Players ratings would be dropping left and right
A dev (not sure which one) said all simming aims for 115 plays regardless of selected quarter length

# 28 jpdavis82 @ 07/07/16 07:52 AM
I liked what Dustin said about how a 90ovr type player won't go up the next week just because he has a good game and that only guys like a Devonta Freeman last year who really broke out would see a good jump in ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 mrprice33 @ 07/07/16 11:25 AM
Quote:
A dev (not sure which one) said all simming aims for 115 plays regardless of selected quarter length
John White did in a tweet. We worked on that in Austin. Super Sim is scaled to 120-125 plays per game, not quarter length.

# 30 msdm27 @ 07/07/16 04:11 PM
I reckon a one or two point difference in a particular rating has a bigger effect on dice roll results than animation diversity, so in essence there would be an inherent difference between an 84 and 86 RTE, no?

# 31 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/07/16 06:27 PM
Quote:

Just because you can't see, doesn't mean there isn't an affect.

# 32 noplace @ 07/07/16 07:10 PM
Good interview. Like what I heard about how ratings have been toned down. Kinda have an issue with a Cowgirls fan doing ratings though. Lol

# 33 Walbeb @ 07/07/16 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
Better yet I say go traits like 2k did . Trait base and teir based ! With some players having there real signature animation !
I think all sports games should include the trait/badge system. It allows players much more individuality and keeps long franchise's fresh.

I really thought they were going to head that direction after Madden 08 but I guess they scrapped it.

# 34 SyncereBlackout @ 07/07/16 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbeb
I think all sports games should include the trait/badge system. It allows players much more individuality and keeps long franchise's fresh.

I really thought they were going to head that direction after Madden 08 but I guess they scrapped it.

08 was the only madden I didn't buy since 95' because of the trait system. There are a limited number of "traits" and when you dole them out to make most players get at least one, the categories get too broad.

# 35 Mattanite @ 07/08/16 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiH0000
Sim and supersim have been tweaked to produce stats based on players quarter length. However, there has been no news of an NBA 2k16 style stat booster if you play shorter quarters in game... Should also only affect starters, backups have 0 set for level 2 goals therefore shouldn't drop based on season performance.

# 36 BleedGreen710 @ 07/08/16 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimchipkelly
so from hearing the video it seem like players overall will be different if they not in right scheme. so u can't have a west coast player in power run offense and still have overall that stays the same regardless of schemes.
Hasn't it been this way for a few years?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.