Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

GameInformer has posted quite a few short video clips of various concepts and changes in Madden NFL 17. They include showing off the toned down aggressive catch, improved line play, new ball physics, throwing on the run, running game, defensive zones and more.

Make sure to scroll down the page to find them.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 reverend_heat @ 07/25/16 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Cole
"Talking about Brady's consistency, Rodgers' falling apart without Jordy Nelson, and Roesthlisberger's success at home – are all of those things a matter of intangibles that ratings can't capture?"

It's not like we had player traits for those exact things in madden 12 but I digress.
Rodgers 3800 yards 31 tds and 8 picks, man he really did "fall apart" didnt he. Stopped reading the dudes article and went straight to the videos after he said that.

# 22 DePounded @ 07/25/16 09:14 PM
Player movement looks a lot better but need to actually play it first obviously. One minor complaint though: on that punt block, did anyone else notice the punter stand there while the ball was rolling around right in front of him? Hopefully they fix that before the game ships.

# 23 jfsolo @ 07/25/16 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DePounded
Player movement looks a lot better but need to actually play it first obviously. One minor complaint though: on that punt block, did anyone else notice the punter stand there while the ball was rolling around right in front of him? Hopefully they fix that before the game ships.
In the article the guy said that he was so stunned that the punt was blocked that he didn't even try to move the punter, so he was in control of him.

# 24 DePounded @ 07/25/16 09:31 PM
Oops. Nice catch. Went right to the video lol.

# 25 J.Cole @ 07/25/16 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Rodgers 3800 yards 31 tds and 8 picks, man he really did "fall apart" didnt he. Stopped reading the dudes article and went straight to the videos after he said that.
I wasent saying he fell apart but what I was saying is this.

Rodgers is a better QB with him than without him right? Well Madden 12 had player traits like "Superstar Wr" which made him and his QB better when he was on the feild which could translate to the "apparent" slump Rodgers had.

# 26 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/25/16 09:35 PM
Looks good for the most part. A pet peeve of mine is seeing players body parts clip/fuse together after the play is blown dead & they're getting up to walk back to the huddle. This is a huge eyesore & immersion killer. It was horrible in Madden 15, they cleaned it up in 16 almost to where I barely saw it, & now it's hit or miss from the vids I've seen. I really hope this isn't the final build & they clean up the player clipping before release. Make body physics matter at all times not just during the play.

Other than that I liked what I saw. I would've liked to have seen AP turn on the jets on that break away run. Like someone else said, it looked like he was jogging.

# 27 reverend_heat @ 07/25/16 09:50 PM
Quote:
I wasent saying he fell apart but what I was saying is this.

Rodgers is a better QB with him than without him right? Well Madden 12 had player traits like "Superstar Wr" which made him and his QB better when he was on the feild which could translate to the "apparent" slump Rodgers had.
I was talking about the person who Was interviewed in the article, Paul Charchian

# 28 Brooke2011 @ 07/25/16 10:40 PM
Yeah I'm a Pats fan and I wouldn't say Rogers fell apart either. Brady and Rogers are the two best guys playing that position right now. As far as the videos goes . I liked them there are still some quirky moments , but I think sliders can fix that. Def like the blocking from the backs and receivers. The def line and schemes are going to have the most impact it looks like. Would love to see this game on all madden on slow speed .

# 29 extremeskins04 @ 07/25/16 11:12 PM
Yea, Rodgers didn't fall apart. Not sure where he got that from.

But the videos looked great. I loved the block punt, the OL/DL interaction video and the ball physics. Very excited for Madden this year!

# 30 PVarck31 @ 07/25/16 11:22 PM
Lots of things to like in these videos. CPU zone defense looks fantastic. And even the line play looked better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 31 Mauer4MVP @ 07/26/16 12:34 AM
Charch! Such a good video game/ fantasy football mind. Minnesota is lucky to have him.

# 32 CM Hooe @ 07/26/16 12:34 AM
Quote:
"Talking about Brady's consistency, Rodgers' falling apart without Jordy Nelson, and Roesthlisberger's success at home – are all of those things a matter of intangibles that ratings can't capture?"

It's not like we had player traits for those exact things in madden 12 but I digress.
Player traits are still in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea, Rodgers didn't fall apart. Not sure where he got that from.
The guy talking about ratings was clearly speaking from a fantasy football perspective, which explains why he feels the way he did - Rodgers wasn't a tremendous fantasy football quarterback last year compared to Cam Newton, Carson Palmer, and whoever else. It also completely invalidates his opinions on player evaluation - solely judging based on counting stats - but that's another story.

# 33 extremeskins04 @ 07/26/16 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Player traits are still in the game.

The guy talking about ratings was clearly speaking from a fantasy football perspective, which explains why he feels the way he did - Rodgers wasn't a tremendous fantasy football quarterback last year compared to Cam Newton, Carson Palmer, and whoever else. It also completely invalidates his opinions on player evaluation - solely judging based on counting stats - but that's another story.
Ah yes good point.

# 34 SageInfinite @ 07/26/16 02:20 AM
If not for the new equipment, I'd think it was a patched version of 16. Which isn't a negative comment, it's just visually nothing catches my eye. Hopefully the new commentary and improved gameplay will make the upgrade worth it.....

# 35 RexDEAFootball @ 07/26/16 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I'd like to see some more of those ball physics on punts to make sure the ball doesn't just automatically bounce forward just about 100% of the time lol.
There is a back spin punt option now.

# 36 roadman @ 07/26/16 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If not for the new equipment, I'd think it was a patched version of 16. Which isn't a negative comment, it's just visually nothing catches my eye. Hopefully the new commentary and improved gameplay will make the upgrade worth it.....
I'd throw ball physics on top of the new equipment and better zone defense, based off the new videos, but that is my take.

# 37 cthurt @ 07/26/16 09:00 AM
All the new features are nice and very welcomed but I just cant get past how this game is an eyesore when in motion, feels like I finally reached that point where the movement of the players really get to me where its all I notice and its hard to keep looking past it.

# 38 Facts @ 07/26/16 09:27 AM
In that Zone Coverage vid, that shouldn't have been a pick. Nobody flips their hips that quick. I can see if the guy had his hips squared to the LOS and broke on the ball but that's just a Madden gift.

What makes things worse is a guy like Sean Lee dropping a gimme 2 plays after.

# 39 sccavs64 @ 07/26/16 10:24 AM
I know you can turn it off in settings, but I can't stand that damn line on the screen when carrying the ball that shows where your runner is going. Drives me nuts!

Videos look pretty solid, I loved last year's game so as long as EA didn't take a step back (which it doesn't look like they did), 17 should be a pretty solid game as well

# 40 khaliib @ 07/26/16 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
In that Zone Coverage vid, that shouldn't have been a pick. Nobody flips their hips that quick. I can see if the guy had his hips squared to the LOS and broke on the ball but that's just a Madden gift.

What makes things worse is a guy like Sean Lee dropping a gimme 2 plays after.
High Player Sense coupled with high ZCV + AGL ratings.

WR aren't aware of the ball until they "look back" to see it, but def players are programmed through "Player Sense" to auto look back at the QB at the snap and often times through out the whole play.

Same warp-drive issue as QB drop-backs.
To make ZCV tighter, def players cover huge chucks of land back-peddling/side-shuffling w/out any "momentum" applied to their change of direction.

We can't touch Player Sense, but lowering ZCV (which dictates players reacting as soon as the ball leaves the QB hand) will minimize the instant reaction by def players greatly.

There are some gameplay things we will be able to improve with ratings editing inside Franchise now.
Like most though, just wish it would be out-of-the box.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.