Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 cornerbacks in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Josh Norman (Overall 94)
  • Chris Harris, Jr. (Overall 93)
  • Richard Sherman (Overall 92)
  • Patrick Peterson (Overall 91)
  • Darrelle Revis (Overall 91)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 jpdavis82 @ 07/30/16 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Not that bad? That yellow stripe is WAY too thick. Good Lord... And the white stripes have more distance between them and the yellow stripe in real life. And how is yours a better comparison? Yours is far away, mine is right up close, just like the photo from the game.

Well yours wasn't even a real life shot of Norman, it was a different player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 62 Dr Death @ 07/30/16 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well yours wasn't even a real life shot of Norman, it was a different player.

In case you weren't paying attention, I was talking about the stripes on the Redskins helmets. What difference does it make which player it was? For Pete's sake...

# 63 jpdavis82 @ 07/30/16 09:59 PM
Quote:
In case you weren't paying attention, I was talking about the stripes on the Redskins helmets. What difference does it make which player it was? For Pete's sake...

Because they're not the same helmet

# 64 Yazan Gable @ 07/30/16 10:01 PM
Quote:
Not that bad? That yellow stripe is WAY too thick. Good Lord... And the white stripes have more distance between them and the yellow stripe in real life.
Truly a devastating error on their part indeed.

# 65 briz1046 @ 07/31/16 02:58 AM
I have to say as a skins fan that I've never noticed that before , which probably shows how much I care about this kind of stuff I do sympathise with those that do however , such a relatively simple thing to get correct you would think

# 66 msdm27 @ 07/31/16 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I have to say as a skins fan that I've never noticed that before , which probably shows how much I care about this kind of stuff I do sympathise with those that do however , such a relatively simple thing to get correct you would think
Luckily I'm among those that manages to use my imagination to make up for some of the game's shortcomings (we shouldn't have to, at least to the extent we must with Madden) so in these cases I just make up a storyline about Washington modifying helmet design and get done with it.

But I would love to hear an explanation as to why there are so many overlooks in many areas, that by all means don't seem related to tech challenges but rather lack of attention to detail

# 67 Playmakers @ 07/31/16 07:26 AM
I think the overall ratings are nice to share but over the years it doesn't seem like cb's and rb's mainly in madden perform according to their ratings or tendencies

Maybe this year will be different but for many years i never felt like guys in madden from champ Bailey and ty law to today's guys sherman and revis ever replicated themselves on the field when you threw their way even if they were a 99 overall in man coverage

Ea should find a way to tie in a top corners man ratings to a qb accuracy rating.....the window for a completion should be smaller vs elite dbs but a guy like matt cassell for example in madden would still challenge someone like sherman and more often than not be successful

So in return the overall ratings that we tend to debate each year ends up being pointless on the field when the players aren't represented right based on the ratings

I had a similar complaint about the rb's and their differences on the field

# 68 Blazzen @ 07/31/16 04:25 PM
Josh Normal apparently got torched in training camp by Jackson and Garcon. Preview of this year with him not sitting back in Cover 3 and having to go man to man?

https://vine.co/v/5KjMdd92OTT

https://vine.co/v/5AO6jwzVPYm

# 69 Scott @ 07/31/16 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Josh Normal apparently got torched in training camp by Jackson and Garcon. Preview of this year with him not sitting back in Cover 3 and having to go man to man?

https://vine.co/v/5KjMdd92OTT

https://vine.co/v/5AO6jwzVPYm
Lol we're not even into preseason games yet....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 70 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/16 08:38 PM
Wonder where Scandrick will rank after a great 2014 and missing 2015 with injury. His lack of presence was definitely felt last year for Dallas. Great athlete that can cover the slot really well too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.